2.78 + other circumstances... what would I need for LSAT? CA Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
V3locity

New

2.78 + other circumstances... what would I need for LSAT? CA

Post by V3locity » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:18 pm

2.78 Health Sciences major.
Suspended for academic misconduct (caught cheating in Feb 2010)
At time of application will have been interning for current law firm for ~8 months

So I know the odds are stacked against me but interning at this law firm has only reaffirmed my desire to go to law school. My diagnostic is ~150 for LSAT right now and I'm aiming to turn it up with intense real studying for the next 5 months leading up to the Oct test. Obviously, my cheating is the one asterisk that won't let me look at a GPA/LSAT chart to see what I can get into without it eating at me and bugging me. So anyone with any sort of insight into negative incidents (criminal and other types of academic blemishes) and how they affect my chances please chime in. Much appreciated!

I know anything above T50 seems out of the question... But what are the chances of a school in T100 taking a chance?

EDIT: Along with the fact that it IS cheating.. I know that the fact that it happened so recently definitely hurts too. So I guess another question is: Is 8 months of interning potentially enough time inbetween for a viable argument of maturity and growth since the incident?
Last edited by V3locity on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Re: 2.78 + other circumstances... what would I need for LSAT? CA

Post by TheBigMediocre » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:21 pm

2.78?

Something tells me you weren't cheating very effectively.

V3locity

New

Re: 2.78 + other circumstances... what would I need for LSAT? CA

Post by V3locity » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:25 pm

lol if I were cheating all my years I would slap myself too with that. I was basically hopped up on energy drinks with back to back midterms. Bonehead mistake and wasn't thinking properly.

Return to “What are my chances?”