Feedback for a TLS first time poster Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Matt07

New

Feedback for a TLS first time poster

Post by Matt07 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:26 am

I am a senior graduating in May. I attend a top ranked Master's university out west. My degree is in finance and I have a 3.1 gpa. I have a solid upward trend (past 4 semesters average a 3.4 gpa), although I'm not sure of the benefits that would have for a law school application. Also, I will be working in finance for a year after graduation. I wasn't really thinking about grad school when I entered college. I'm only now starting to see the effects of that.

Anyway, I plan on taking the LSAT in June or October, preferably in June to send out applications early.After a couple practice LSAT's I feel confident that I can score pretty high. I have always tested well on standardized tests. I would like to be a little optimistic when applying to law schools.

My question is, with a good LSAT score (say around a 168+) would I have a good shot at admission to a T30 law school? Some specific schools that interest me: Cornell, NU, GULC, USC, Notre Dame, UW, UC Davis. I listed some big reaches, but I figure why not try.
I am interested to hear what you guys think. Especially what test range I need to be in for consideration with my low GPA. I want to get as much information about LS as I can. Thanks in advance for any help!

-(hopeful)Splitter out west

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Re: Feedback for a TLS first time poster

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:14 am

Yes you can get into some solid T-30's with a 168. But why don't you take the LSAT first and then re-post this so we can give you some realistic advice, until you know your score it's all just a tea party in fantasy land. There is an affluence of great advice for prepping in these threads, I suggest you take full advantage, Good luck!

Matt07

New

Re: Feedback for a TLS first time poster

Post by Matt07 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:46 am

Yes, I know. This is all fantasy until the real test. So, how good are the powerscore bibles? I purchased two sets of the 10 actual official LSAT's and the Powerscore LR bible. I am open to any advice to help my score.

Return to “What are my chances?”