Roar roar roar Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
daesonesb

Bronze

Re: 174/3.8

Post by daesonesb » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:34 am

Cilent21 wrote:
daesonesb wrote:
This is your answer.
/thread
Yeah, cause a 175 and a 3.81 from a top 5 with "Two years work experience at a non-profit. Significant engagement with global foundations and direct service organizations" is so the same as what I posted..

Thanks for the help, though
You are damn near numbers twins, and that guys softs are ok, but not mindblowing.
It's a nonprofit, not NASA.
But if you know so damn much,

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:46 am

daesonesb wrote:
Cilent21 wrote:
daesonesb wrote:
This is your answer.
/thread
Yeah, cause a 175 and a 3.81 from a top 5 with "Two years work experience at a non-profit. Significant engagement with global foundations and direct service organizations" is so the same as what I posted..

Thanks for the help, though
You are damn near numbers twins, and that guys softs are ok, but not mindblowing.
It's a nonprofit, not NASA.
But if you know so damn much,
lulz.
Last edited by thecilent on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JUmpJUmp

New

Post by JUmpJUmp » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:53 pm

I'm surprised by the acerbic reactions this thread incited. Based on the OP's stats and the schools he/she is applying to, the OP's concern seems very reasonable to me. Based on lsn, OP is borderline at best for H and S, and has a low chance of getting into Y... 3.8 is essentially Harvard's cutoff point (for non-URMs), and his lsat is significantly below the 75th. S seems to value gpa still more highly than H. I would say that OP definitely has below a 50% chance of getting into each of H, S, and Y (individually). His/Her chances improve significantly for Columbia, and OP will likely be accepted there (as well as NYU).. So, I think the most likely outcome is rejections/waitlists from H,Y, and S and an acceptance from C. However, you certainly have some chance at H and S. Best of luck. :)

dlac

New

Post by dlac » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:04 pm

$1.99 wrote:if you are smart enough to get those numbers, use your brain and do your own basic research

if you are insecure and need assurance from internet posters, go get some self esteem
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”