2.7 UGPA (2.3 LSAC GPA), 158 LSAT...CA SCHOOLS? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
star10

New

2.7 UGPA (2.3 LSAC GPA), 158 LSAT...CA SCHOOLS?

Post by star10 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Hey all...

My boyfriend is looking into law schools for next year, possibly the year after...He just got his LSAT back today and got a 158. He is finishing his last quarter at school as a mathematics major with a 2.7 GPA. He is not a typical URM but he is a first generation Iranian American (not sure if this helps)

He is trying to figure out if he should apply to some tier 3's and tier 4's before the April deadlines or wait until next year instead.

Schools he is considering: McGeorge, Chapman, SW, Golden Gate

What would be his best option...

1. Apply now and hope for the best
2. Wait til next year and apply early into the cycle
3. Retake and apply next cycle

Also would applying to part-time programs perhaps be a better option for him? (i.e USD/SCU/USF part-time)

Any advice is appreciated...

star10

New

Re: 2.7 UGPA (2.3 LSAC GPA), 158 LSAT...CA SCHOOLS?

Post by star10 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:35 pm

yeah I've seen this site and its been somewhat accurate in my admissions cycle but looking for a little more in depth advice...

thanks though

TTTennis

Bronze

Re: 2.7 UGPA (2.3 LSAC GPA), 158 LSAT...CA SCHOOLS?

Post by TTTennis » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:37 pm

star10 wrote:Hey all...

My boyfriend is looking into law schools for next year, possibly the year after...He just got his LSAT back today and got a 158. He is finishing his last quarter at school as a mathematics major with a 2.7 GPA. He is not a typical URM but he is a first generation Iranian American (not sure if this helps)

He is trying to figure out if he should apply to some tier 3's and tier 4's before the April deadlines or wait until next year instead.

Schools he is considering: McGeorge, Chapman, SW, Golden Gate

What would be his best option...

1. Apply now and hope for the best
2. Wait til next year and apply early into the cycle
3. Retake and apply next cycle

Also would applying to part-time programs perhaps be a better option for him? (i.e USD/SCU/USF part-time)

Any advice is appreciated...
This. He's gonna need a high LSAT to compensate for that low gpa. (even though math is a pretty tough major)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”