Here's my dilemma Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Huluba23

Bronze

Here's my dilemma

Post by Huluba23 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 pm

I took the Lsat in september and did not do as well as I had hoped but I had a good excuse as to why that happened.

Retook in December, did much better but still not as high as my practice scores. Once again I had a good excuse why I did not reach my potential.

I want to take the June test with an eye on applying for the 2011 cycle. My question is, what will schools think when they see the three scores? Even though the original scores come with good excuses (trust me, you can't make this stuff up) will the 3 scores hurt me enough that I should just apply this year?

Dany

Diamond

Re: Here's my dilemma

Post by Dany » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:05 am

If you can get a much higher score, it can't hurt you. It's not going to be as good as just having one high score, but since you don't already have that, there's not much to lose if you know you can do better. Having three scores doesn't look great, but a 155/162/170 is better than a 155/162.

set88

New

Re: Here's my dilemma

Post by set88 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:09 am

^^ I agree with the above. If you get an outstanding score in June, and apply very early in the 2011 cycle, you'll be in good shape no matter what the 2 scores before were. However I would say that you better be sure you CAN get that outstanding score. Another score in the same range as the 2 you're trying to better without an excuse could potentially hurt.

It depends on where you're applying, but my feeling is that most schools do consider the highest score.

Return to “What are my chances?”