2.6 gpa/ lsat 153+ Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sc24evr

New

Re: 2.6 gpa/ lsat 153+

Post by sc24evr » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:38 am

sophia.olive wrote:i got one word for you................. fiesta!!!! which is spanish for "retake the lsat"
I haven't even seen my actual score yet, for all I know I could have hit 160+ have to wait until march 1st to see it which is the same as all my deadlines. This cycle I'm going to have to apply blind or have to wait a full year.

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:42 am

obviously your spanish is lacking, so lets try english, retake!!=if you want to go to law school. Study for a year, know you will get a 170+ then go to law school T1. live the rest or you days in bliss.

mhernton

Bronze

Post by mhernton » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:15 am

lawschoolpredictor is for the typical law school applicant profile. Being a URM throws off the mechanics of the black box known as law school predictor. That being said, you will probably need to take the June LSAT and sit out a cycle or two. Get some substantive work experience and reapply in a couple of years. I have a 2.2 and a 155 and got into a top 30 school. I'm also probably over ten years older than you, and have every soft factor including URM. I also applied very early in the cycle so the Adcoms were more willing to take a shot on me. If I were you, I'd consider joining the military after you graduate, a lot of law schools love people with military experience. Good Luck...

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:15 am

sc24evr wrote:
Joga Bonito wrote:
Veyron wrote:There is a reason you studied engineering and not poly-si, you are better in the sciences. You have a degree where you can find employment, any school you can get into absent a score well into the 98-99% is not going to get you a job. Don't ruin your life.
I'm not gonna agree with the second half about ruining your life...but really you have a good technical degree why do you want to be a lawyer...if you don't like engineering okay...but if you don't hate it I would say do that for a while then try and get an mba...you'll probably do better onthe gmat and get into a better bschool than you will law school especially with a 153 or a 150 anything for that matter.
Yup I hated it.
Not to be a downer, but do you know anything about patent law? Are you sure you'd like it? LS is a big investment if you're not even sure you'd like it.

I'd keep studying and retake the LSAT in June or Sept, and maybe study for and take the patent bar over the summer as well, so you get an idea of what you'd actually be doing with your law degree...

afolkner

New

Post by afolkner » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:13 pm

i also graduated from tech with a 2.6. i studied and took a class and made a 163 when i took the lsat in june. i have been accepted into mercer john marshall and waitlisted at uga. i have high hopes for getting in and attending ga state.

i wish you the bestand think you have a good shot at john marshall, i dont know about the rest. if i could give you any advice it would be to study and take the lsat again since that is pretty much what is getting me all my looks

best of luck

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”