3.59/164 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lmeinke

New

3.59/164

Post by lmeinke » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:29 am

Although my GPA at my undergraduate school is 3.74, since I took college courses while in high school and finished college in only 2.5 years my GPA is somewhat lower. I have a LSAT score of 164 (90th percentile). I am a non-URM female. Anyhow, I applied a few weeks ago to the following schools and was wondering what my chances are given that I have applied somewhat later.
William and Mary
George Mason
U Richmond
GW
UVA (reach, i know)
UC Davis
U.Conn
American U
Temple
Washington and Lee
McGeorge (safety)

thanks everyone! i would appreciate some input! I'm super worried I got them in fairly late.

crm

Bronze

Re: 3.59/164

Post by crm » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:31 am

lmeinke wrote:Although my GPA at my undergraduate school is 3.74, since I took college courses while in high school and finished college in only 2.5 years my GPA is somewhat lower. I have a LSAT score of 164 (90th percentile). I am a non-URM female. Anyhow, I applied a few weeks ago to the following schools and was wondering what my chances are given that I have applied somewhat later.
William and Mary
George Mason
U Richmond
GW
UVA (reach, i know)
UC Davis
U.Conn
American U
Temple
Washington and Lee
McGeorge (safety)

thanks everyone! i would appreciate some input! I'm super worried I got them in fairly late.
We basically have the same numbers and so far, the ones on your list that I've gotten into are George Mason and American, so I'm pretty sure you can count on those at the VERY least.

BearDownChicago

New

Post by BearDownChicago » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:39 am

lmeinke wrote:Although my GPA at my undergraduate school is 3.74, since I took college courses while in high school and finished college in only 2.5 years my GPA is somewhat lower. I have a LSAT score of 164 (90th percentile). I am a non-URM female. Anyhow, I applied a few weeks ago to the following schools and was wondering what my chances are given that I have applied somewhat later.
William and Mary
George Mason
U Richmond
GW
UVA (reach, i know)
UC Davis
U.Conn
American U
Temple
Washington and Lee
McGeorge (safety)

This makes sense, but I am confused why UC Davis and McGeorge are on the list. Are those the only schools in Cali that interest you? Based on minimal knowledge from this website, law school numbers, and law school predictor, you should be pretty solid at all those schools with some $$ at some of the lower ranked. It probably won't matter that you graduated in 2.5 years. Also, a 3.6 is great so I wouldn't worry about that.

lmeinke

New

Post by lmeinke » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 am

great! That is reassuring! GM is actually my top choice, although getting into William and Mary may cause me to reconsider. When did you get your applications in?

lmeinke

New

Post by lmeinke » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:43 am

.[/quote]

This makes sense, but I am confused why UC Davis and McGeorge are on the list. Are those the only schools in Cali that interest you? Based on minimal knowledge from this website, law school numbers, and law school predictor, you should be pretty solid at all those schools with some $$ at some of the lower ranked. It probably won't matter that you graduated in 2.5 years. Also, a 3.6 is great so I wouldn't worry about that.[/quote]

I have high hopes to move over to the DC/VA area, but applied to Davis and McGeorge in case there are special circumstances that come up when its time for law school that would cause me to stay in CA. I may also apply to Santa Clara and USF, but I'm not sure if I would want to waste money on submitting the applications because I am pretty set on the east coast and assume McGeorge is a sure deal. I'm trying to stay away from so-cal (i am not a huge fan), although I know there are some better known schools down there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:44 am

I'm kind of in the exact same boat. GM is where I am going based on my acceptances so far, which I am kind of excited about actually

American: Complete 1/6, Accepted 1/13
GM: Complete 1/6, Accepted 1/21

Do you go to school in Calif. right now? I do and am hoping to end up in the DC Metro area too, little intimidating though considering I've never lived there before...

lmeinke

New

Post by lmeinke » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

That's awesome!! When I visited GM they told me that their average LSAT was 167, which made me worried but all of the internet stats say otherwise.
I am in the same boat as you...I am from CA and have lived here my entire life. I want to move out to the east coast as well because the DC area and all that it has to offer interests me. I visited there the first time a few weeks ago and loved it. Where in CA are you from? You shouldn't find it too hard to get around over there. The metro is manageable.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:18 am

I have LITERALLY the same numbers as you. I was accepted at American, decision still pending at WM (definitely a reach, I am afraid). Didn't apply to any other schools on your list, but I think you have a good shot at most of them.

William and Mary (WL, OUT)
George Mason (IN)
U Richmond (IN w/ $$)
GW (WL, OUT)
UVA (reach, i know) (OUT)
UC Davis (WL, IN)
U.Conn (IN w/ $)
American U (IN)
Temple (IN w/ $)
Washington and Lee (WL, OUT)
McGeorge (safety) (IN w/ $$$)

A few weeks ago isn't SUPER late, so I wouldn't panic too much. You may receive a little bit less money than you would have normally, and the only school I think it would have made a difference to apply earlier would be Washington and Lee.

Best of luck to you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”