-------- Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Dr. Review

Gold

--------

Post by Dr. Review » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:04 am

I have a 3.32 (3.31 LSDAS) and 159 LSAT

My undergrad degree is in Chemistry/Secondary Education
Licensed high school teacher in NC
~2 yrs. work experience in a bio-tech company for a blood testing lab

Looking to go for IP law, most likely, given my tech background

I am applying to: (I am aware that some of these are very likely out of my reach, but if you don't apply, you can't get in, am I right?)

Campbell (local school, not likely to attend, given other options)
DePaul
George Mason
Indiana (Indianapolis)
UNC (very close to home, and the in state tuition is attractive, although my creds are probably not up to par)
Penn State
U of Pitt
Quinnipiac
Wake Forest (also not far from home)
William & Mary

Any other schools I should think about applying to?
Am I crazy for applying to some of the ones I did?
Last edited by Dr. Review on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KeinStein

New

Re: Review my creds/softs for me vs my school choices?

Post by KeinStein » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:27 am

Chicago Kent maybe? their IP law was very highly ranked.

collinet

New

Post by collinet » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:12 am

Bedsole,

I would say you have a pretty decent shot at Wake. If you really want UNC, have you considered taking the LSAT again? I know that advice sucks, but if you got to 162/163 that might get you into UNC or Wake Forest w/ some $. I'm an OL so take that with a grain of salt, but I'm a NC resident and have done a bit of research into UNC, as the instate tuition is a huge draw for me too. As far as out of state, indeed opposite coast, try Santa Clara. You seem to be close to their 50% GPA and LSAT and I believe they have a strong IP program. Anyone on here know more about their IP program?

Finally, I think your softs will help, perhaps esp. at UNC. Biotech + teaching WE seem like pretty solid credentials. As a fellow teacher I hope teaching experience will help at least :D

Best of luck.

Dr. Review

Gold

Post by Dr. Review » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:17 am

collinet wrote:Bedsole,

Finally, I think your softs will help, perhaps esp. at UNC. Biotech + teaching WE seem like pretty solid credentials. As a fellow teacher I hope teaching experience will help at least :D

Best of luck.
Thanks for the info on my softs. That's the biggest question for me. I have definitely considered retaking the LSAT, and may do so next cycle, if this one is a bit disappointing. I really felt as though I didn't do nearly as well as I should have. I wasn't totally prepared for the pacing on the first section, and I had to guess at 5 questions. Judging by my performance on the rest of that section, I really lost a shot at some points.

Maybe an addendum would help? Or does not being prepared for the pacing make it worse?

collinet

New

Post by collinet » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:26 am

I'm not sure an addendum would help if the problem was pacing, but maybe others have evidence to the contrary. I'm waiting until fall to apply and the LSAT is my biggest fear right now...a couple of practice tests have revealed I too have problems with pacing (among other things).

I would say if you don't get the results you want this year, retake the LSAT and apply again. One more year's worth of a salary (and later law school graduation date) can't hurt ITE right? That's what I'm telling myself at least, though at 25 I feel like I'll be an old fogey 1L :)

PS-I saw you went to UNC Charlotte-- I know lots of UNCC grads and my brother is a sophomore there now, so just wanted to give you alma mater some love!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dr. Review

Gold

Post by Dr. Review » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:30 am

Haha, I turn 24 next month myself... so I know the feeling. As for the pacing... it was really just on that one section, as I never had a good chance to take a full on practice test with my work schedule. I doubt I'll bother with an addendum, a bit too 'up in the air' as to whether it would be harmful or helpful.

Also:

Go 49ers! Our basketball team is showing some serious promise this year with wins against Louisville and Temple.

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:05 pm

wake 50/50 wl or in
GMU out
W&M out

idk about the others, but I'd think you'd have a pretty good shot at most of them if they are lower ranked.

Good luck!

Dr. Review

Gold

Post by Dr. Review » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:02 pm

hoping to get them all submitted today or tomorrow, so any more input would be much appreciated. willing to review or trade PS's also, if that's any incentive

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”