Chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
rjfried

New

Chances?

Post by rjfried » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:58 pm

LSAT 164; LSDAS: 3.94 (3.95 degree)

I know a lot of these are reaches but I thought with my higher GPA I should try and cast a wide net. Insight on my chances (other than what I got from lawschoolpredictor/LSN would be very much appreciated!). Is there anywhere else I might consider applying with my numbers?

Columbia Law School
New York University
UC-Berkeley
University of Pennsylvania
University of Michigan
Duke University
University of Virginia
Georgetown University
UCLA
USC (Southern California)
Washington University - St. Louis
Boston University
University of Minnesota
University of Indiana-Bloomington
Boston College
William and Mary (In already)
Fordham University
University of Georgia (In already)

scribelaw

Silver

Re: Chances?

Post by scribelaw » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:02 pm

I think you have a good list.

According to a lot of the U.Va. posters on here, you'd have a pretty good shot there if you applied ED.

rjfried

New

Post by rjfried » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:23 pm

Thanks scribe! Would you or anyone else mind giving me your thoughts on my chances?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:36 pm

Out at every T14 except Berkeley. Sorry, dude, your LSAT is too low. Berkeley is a tossup, depends entirely on the quality of the PS you wrote for them (and given their longer 4-page limit I'm hoping you wrote a special one just for them).

You have a shot at UVA if you ED, as mentioned. If they need that GPA to boost their rankings they'll take you.

You're probably good at the other schools you applied to, though.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:18 pm

Every T14 - out (except possibly UVA ED)
UCLA - small chance
USC - out
Washington University - St. Louis - 50/50
Boston University - in
University of Minnesota - out
University of Indiana-Bloomington - in
Boston College - out
Fordham - in

I would add GULC PT, Vandy (50/50), GWU (50/50), Emory (50/50), Illinois (in), and Notre Dame (in) to the list. If you haven't applied yet, I would take out Columbia/NYU, since any T14 is already a stretch.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rjfried

New

Post by rjfried » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:51 pm

Thanks for your input. The reason I did not apply to Vandy/UT/Emory was because I have lived in the south my entire life and wanted to experience living in a different part of the country.

Any insight on why user-posted chance estimates are so much worse than LSP? Does LSP give false hope?

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:16 pm

rjfried wrote:Thanks for your input. The reason I did not apply to Vandy/UT/Emory was because I have lived in the south my entire life and wanted to experience living in a different part of the country.

Any insight on why user-posted chance estimates are so much worse than LSP? Does LSP give false hope?
It definitely overestimates your chances, because you're a high-GPA/low-LSAT splitter for most of your schools. So your index number may match someone with a lower GPA and higher LSAT, but the latter would fare much better.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”