Chances at FSU and UF Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
horriblegb

Bronze

Chances at FSU and UF

Post by horriblegb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:39 am

I am planning on visiting the school, but I am worried that I am going to be rejected anyways:
157/ 3.38, yes I am URM any thoughts? I am kind of thinking I will be waitlisted but just curious as to what others thought

Thank you

horriblegb

Bronze

Re: Chances at FSU and UF

Post by horriblegb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:30 pm

a shameless bump

PoliticalJunkie

Bronze

Post by PoliticalJunkie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:33 pm

I'd say you have a good shot (60% or higher) with your URM status. You probably have a shot to higher ranked schools as well.

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:36 pm

thank you for the much needed optimism! I am applying to other schools as well, I just see myself ending up in Florida someday!

Luis Gomez

Bronze

Post by Luis Gomez » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:44 pm

I would apply if I were you. I applyed to both and it was well worth my 30$.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:I would apply if I were you. I applied to both and it was well worth my 30$.

I applied at both, went complete about mid December, so i am becoming increasingly anxious by the day

Luis Gomez

Bronze

Post by Luis Gomez » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:31 pm

horriblegb wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:I would apply if I were you. I applied to both and it was well worth my 30$.

I applied at both, went complete about mid December, so i am becoming increasingly anxious by the day
This schools take their time. They both have a ridiculous number of apps. But they will get back at you and hope fullly one of them might eb an admission.

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:37 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:
horriblegb wrote:

This schools take their time. They both have a ridiculous number of apps. But they will get back at you and hope fullly one of them might eb an admission.

Hopefully! I am under review at U of F, complete at FSU but i know that is a rolling basis based on strength of application, so i assume I have a while there. So I will try and be patience, thank you!

ram jam

Bronze

Post by ram jam » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Every cycle is different. This cycle seems more lenient than last year. In honesty, I would say you have a 35% chance at FSU, and 10% at Florida. I would say 100% at Miami. However, it is also important what kind of URM is an individual. I say that with as much sobriety and tact as possible. Write a good DS to Florida, it might help.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:48 pm

ram jam wrote:Every cycle is different. This cycle seems more lenient than last year. In honesty, I would say you have a 35% chance at FSU, and 10% at Florida. I would say 100% at Miami. However, it is also important what kind of URM is an individual. I say that with as much sobriety and tact as possible. Write a good DS to Florida, it might help.

I really loved my DS, personally, i think it is a great story, I did get into Miami and I have also applied to Stetson.

ram jam

Bronze

Post by ram jam » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:50 pm

I would choose Miami over Stetson as it has more national name recognition/reach. Good luck!

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:14 pm

ram jam wrote:I would choose Miami over Stetson as it has more national name recognition/reach. Good luck!
Good point, I think I was kind of hoping for some scholarship money from somewhere though, I guess I will see how it pans out!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”