UPenn, Harvard, and Yale visits Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Solerpower

New

UPenn, Harvard, and Yale visits

Post by Solerpower » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:26 pm

Last edited by Solerpower on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cleareyes

Bronze

Re: UPenn, Harvard, and Yale visits

Post by Cleareyes » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:29 pm

Solerpower wrote: Harvard
The Law School is probably the nicest part of the campus and is impressive. The gym building is ugly and the Law School just isn't that impressive.
Got it.

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Solerpower wrote:So this week i took a nice trip around the east coast to Harvard, Yale, and University of Pennsylvania.
Here are my observations...

Harvard)

The campus is very hectic, not all that beautiful, and to be honest not quite what i would have expected from Harvard. The Law School is probably the nicest part of the campus and is impressive. The gym building is ugly and the Law School just isn't that impressive. One big marble building and relatively speaking I'm sure HLS is fantastic. However, in accordance with my expectations of Harvard, quite disappointing.

Yale)

Just wow. Yale is the most impressive, stunning, awe inspiring campus ever. The Law school is very nice, rather Gothic looking but never the less stunning. Yale is what i expected Harvard to look like, and because it is the #1 LS, it did not disappoint.

UPenn)

Its a very nice campus. Its in the middle of a beautiful part of Philadelphia with the skyline right in view. The law school building is fantastic and its just beautiful. I loved Penn and thought it was very modern looking and was in an excellent part of phili.

is this the kind of thing for which Ken is paying people?!

Solerpower

New

Post by Solerpower » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:08 pm

neskerdoo wrote:
Solerpower wrote:So this week i took a nice trip around the east coast to Harvard, Yale, and University of Pennsylvania.

Harvard)

The campus is very hectic, not all that beautiful, and to be honest not quite what i would have expected from Harvard. The Law School is probably the nicest part of the campus and is impressive. The gym building is ugly and the Law School just isn't that impressive. One big marble building and relatively speaking I'm sure HLS is fantastic. However, in accordance with my expectations of Harvard, quite disappointing.

Yale)

Just wow. Yale is the most impressive, stunning, awe inspiring campus ever. The Law school is very nice, rather Gothic looking but never the less stunning. Yale is what i expected Harvard to look like, and because it is the #1 LS, it did not disappoint.

UPenn)

Its a very nice campus. Its in the middle of a beautiful part of Philadelphia with the skyline right in view. The law school building is fantastic and its just beautiful. I loved Penn and thought it was very modern looking and was in an excellent part of phili.

is this the kind of thing for which Ken is paying people?!
No i just did this on my own BUT can you elaborate on this whole "paying people thing"

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:12 pm

I wouldn't worry about it

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jackassjim

Bronze

Post by jackassjim » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:35 pm

neskerdoo wrote:I wouldn't worry about it
Hahaha!

Mel Zelaya

New

Post by Mel Zelaya » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:45 pm

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:58 pm

First time Nesker has actually made me laugh out loud.

180 for sure.

bostonian

Bronze

Post by bostonian » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Harvard)

Yale)

If campus is a factor in your decision, then surroundings probably should be as well. Harvard is located in Cambridge, whereas Yale is in New Haven. I agree on Penn, though. People tend to knock its location without actually seeing it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ValiantVic

Bronze

Post by ValiantVic » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:22 am

Wendy's - I just went to Wendy's and let me say first of all that it wasn't what I expected. The advertisement says "It's not fast food, it's Wendy's!" I found this was not the case. My food was delivered to me very quickly. Not what I expected at all. The fries were soggy but the chicken wings were the best part of the meal. The coke was watered down and the chicken wings sucked. Not what I expected AT ALL.

Taco Bell
- What can I say the food was delicious! It's not really surprising considering that Taco Bell is the #1 fast food chain in the country. The counters were clean and to my surprise there were no bums jingling a cup circling the establishment looking for spare change. This lack of bums was a big plus in my book!!! I know they emphasize diversity because there were three types of sauce and I could wrap my soft shell taco in a hard taco shell, this acceptance of taco mixing was another big plus.

Jimmy John's Underappreciated sandwich joint. The sandwiches are hearty and some of the seats have cushions. They also don't glare at you for having more than two refills. There are amenities such as the option to purchase cookies and chips which I thought really rounded out the choices I had. I know that if I go to Jimmy John's again I won't be without options and will leave fully satisfied.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:24 am

Harvard)

this is totally throwing me off lol
ValiantVic wrote:
Wendy's - I just went to Wendy's and let me say first of all that it wasn't what I expected. The advertisement says "It's not fast food, it's Wendy's!" I found this was not the case. My food was delivered to me very quickly. Not what I expected at all. The fries were soggy but the chicken wings were the best part of the meal. The coke was watered down and the chicken wings sucked. Not what I expected AT ALL.
very accurate in relation to the OP haha
Last edited by DoubleChecks on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

poprox

Bronze

Post by poprox » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:11 pm

ValiantVic wrote:

Taco Bell
- What can I say the food was delicious! It's not really surprising considering that Taco Bell is the #1 fast food chain in the country. The counters were clean and to my surprise there were no bums jingling a cup circling the establishment looking for spare change. This lack of bums was a big plus in my book!!! I know they emphasize diversity because there were three types of sauce and I could wrap my soft shell taco in a hard taco shell, this acceptance of taco mixing was another big plus.

Jimmy John's Underappreciated sandwich joint. The sandwiches are hearty and some of the seats have cushions. They also don't glare at you for having more than two refills. There are amenities such as the option to purchase cookies and chips which I thought really rounded out the choices I had. I know that if I go to Jimmy John's again I won't be without options and will leave fully satisfied.
you sir deserve a sticky for your witty prose .:Thumbup:.

TheLuckyOne

Bronze

Post by TheLuckyOne » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:46 pm

ValiantVic wrote:

Taco Bell

LOL

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

heyguys

Bronze

Post by heyguys » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:07 pm

I've never seen Harvard Law's gym, but I have to believe it's nicer than Yale's....seriously, PWG is beautiful from the outside, but....I'll say it this way: It was built in 1932 (think American history here), and the equipment looks like it hasn't been replaced since.

Solerpower

New

Post by Solerpower » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:11 pm

ValiantVic wrote:

Taco Bell

I'm assuming you don't get a whole lot of action huh? Your probably that kid who wears the coke bottle glasses and pushes them up to his face when you talk.

Any ways good luck on the whole fast food thing and your humor really speaks to your intelligence

purduepete2011

New

Post by purduepete2011 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:18 pm

your lack of humor speaks volumes

i thought the fast food satire was pretty funny...lighten up a little

Solerpower

New

Post by Solerpower » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:27 pm

purduepete2011 wrote:your lack of humor speaks volumes

Sorry to inform you that it really wasn't funny and its very absurd when people decide to make my hopefully helpful observations into satire because its pretty disrespectful. How about you stop telling me what to do and how to act and go back to high school.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Solerpower wrote:

Sorry to inform you that it really wasn't funny and its very absurd when people decide to make my hopefully helpful observations into satire because its pretty disrespectful. How about you stop telling me what to do and how to act and go back to high school.

It was funny.

TheLuckyOne

Bronze

Post by TheLuckyOne » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:44 pm

Dwaterman86 wrote:
Solerpower wrote:

It was funny.
NOOOOOO, it was hilarious :lol:

ValiantVic

Bronze

Post by ValiantVic » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:34 pm

Solerpower wrote:
ValiantVic wrote:

Taco Bell

I'm assuming you don't get a whole lot of action huh? Your probably that kid who wears the coke bottle glasses and pushes them up to his face when you talk.

Any ways good luck on the whole fast food thing and your humor really speaks to your intelligence
While I appreciate your blurbing, I felt that the lack of any informative content in your post left me wanting. You sir, are the literary equivalent of chinese food.

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:37 pm

ValiantVic wrote:
Solerpower wrote:
ValiantVic wrote:

Taco Bell

While I appreciate your blurbing, I felt that the lack of any informative content in your post left me wanting. You sir, are the literary equivalent of chinese food.
The bad kind. Not the good shit from Bennies.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TheLuckyOne

Bronze

Post by TheLuckyOne » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:40 pm

Always Credited wrote:
ValiantVic wrote:
Solerpower wrote:
ValiantVic wrote:

Taco Bell

The bad kind. Not the good shit from Bennies.
What's going on? So many posters put self tars! (just curious)

Solerpower

New

Post by Solerpower » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:55 pm

ValiantVic wrote:
Solerpower wrote:
ValiantVic wrote:

Taco Bell

You sir are the equivalent of Mexican food. Some people think its good, others think it sucks. In the end, it turns out extremely unconditionally horrible. You are nasty hot diarrhea. Yea i just went there.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:20 am

Last edited by 3ThrowAway99 on Tue May 25, 2010 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:14 pm

seanrr wrote:To original poster: I did find your comments generally informative in terms of the feel of the campuses, although brief. I was confused by what you said about Harvard where you mentioned that the law school was impressive and then said that it was not impressive, but this was already brought up. I did think that the comments of some of the other posters were disrespectful. I think direct feedback concerning where it was believed your post was lacking would have been more appropriate (instead of an analogy that came off to me as being mocking in tone). Best of luck with your law school pursuits!
im betting you dont often come on TLS...lol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”