UPenn, Harvard, and Yale visits Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
TheLuckyOne

Bronze

Re: UPenn, Harvard, and Yale visits

Post by TheLuckyOne » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:11 pm

seanrr wrote:To original poster: I did find your comments generally informative in terms of the feel of the campuses, although brief. I was confused by what you said about Harvard where you mentioned that the law school was impressive and then said that it was not impressive, but this was already brought up. I did think that the comments of some of the other posters were disrespectful. I think direct feedback concerning where it was believed your post was lacking would have been more appropriate (instead of an analogy that came off to me as being mocking in tone). Best of luck with your law school pursuits!
LOL. I should have quoted your previous harsh response regarding how bad we are and how awesome OP is. It's amazing how diplomatic you sound after some editting.

@ ValiantVic: thank you for a good laugh, you should post here more often.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:28 pm

TheLuckyOne wrote:
seanrr wrote:To original poster: I did find your comments generally informative in terms of the feel of the campuses, although brief. I was confused by what you said about Harvard where you mentioned that the law school was impressive and then said that it was not impressive, but this was already brought up. I did think that the comments of some of the other posters were disrespectful. I think direct feedback concerning where it was believed your post was lacking would have been more appropriate (instead of an analogy that came off to me as being mocking in tone). Best of luck with your law school pursuits!
LOL. I should have quoted your previous harsh response regarding how bad we are and how awesome OP is. It's amazing how diplomatic you sound after some editting.

lol i would have said OP just made a dummy account to sing his own praises then, but seanrr doesnt seem to be as grammatically-handicapped

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:36 pm

Last edited by 3ThrowAway99 on Tue May 25, 2010 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheLuckyOne

Bronze

Post by TheLuckyOne » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:07 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
TheLuckyOne wrote:

lol i would have said OP just made a dummy account to sing his own praises then, but seanrr doesnt seem to be as grammatically-handicapped
Besides this thread is way too old for OP to wake up and start defending himself :P

I wonder why it got bumped, but, God, I did laugh. That masterpiece is invaluable and neskerdoo's comment... I never find him funny, but this one was something. :lol:

prelaw10

New

Post by prelaw10 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:56 pm

I'm not applying to Harvard( WAY out of my league), but I've seen the Law School when I visited Boston a while ago. The campus was underwhelming, and the library was uninspiring. I guess when you're Harvard, it doesn't matter what you look like! It's like when you're a smart person with a good personality, you can wear a garbage bag and look amazing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MJS83

New

Post by MJS83 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:52 pm

prelaw10 wrote:I'm not applying to Harvard( WAY out of my league), but I've seen the Law School when I visited Boston a while ago. The campus was underwhelming, and the library was uninspiring. I guess when you're Harvard, it doesn't matter what you look like! It's like when you're a smart person with a good personality, you can wear a garbage bag and look amazing.
Isn't it more about what you do INSIDE the buildings than it is about what they look like from the outside? We seem to agree on that fact; however, people seem to forget that Cambridge is a skip across the Charles River from Boston. With that said, if you don't like the campus, take a walk off of it. Better yet- don't spend all your time standing outside looking at the buildings. I mean really, if that's all law school is about, why not get a picture?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:54 pm

ValiantVic wrote:
neskerdoo wrote:I wouldn't worry about it
Wendy's - I just went to Wendy's and let me say first of all that it wasn't what I expected. The advertisement says "It's not fast food, it's Wendy's!" I found this was not the case. My food was delivered to me very quickly. Not what I expected at all. The fries were soggy but the chicken wings were the best part of the meal. The coke was watered down and the chicken wings sucked. Not what I expected AT ALL.

Taco Bell
- What can I say the food was delicious! It's not really surprising considering that Taco Bell is the #1 fast food chain in the country. The counters were clean and to my surprise there were no bums jingling a cup circling the establishment looking for spare change. This lack of bums was a big plus in my book!!! I know they emphasize diversity because there were three types of sauce and I could wrap my soft shell taco in a hard taco shell, this acceptance of taco mixing was another big plus.

Jimmy John's Underappreciated sandwich joint. The sandwiches are hearty and some of the seats have cushions. They also don't glare at you for having more than two refills. There are amenities such as the option to purchase cookies and chips which I thought really rounded out the choices I had. I know that if I go to Jimmy John's again I won't be without options and will leave fully satisfied.
This is one of the funniest things I've seen on TLS in a while. +1, sir.

gochrisgo

Bronze

Post by gochrisgo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:04 pm

_
Last edited by gochrisgo on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:07 pm

gochrisgo wrote:
prelaw10 wrote:I'm not applying to Harvard( WAY out of my league), but I've seen the Law School when I visited Boston a while ago. The campus was underwhelming, and the library was uninspiring. I guess when you're Harvard, it doesn't matter what you look like! It's like when you're a smart person with a good personality, you can wear a garbage bag and look amazing.
Not to pick nits or anything, but isn't the idea supposed to be "if you're beautiful, you can wear a garbage bag and look amazing?" Or maybe "if you're smart, you can wear a garbage bag and still be brilliant?"

Because I'm smart and ugly, but in a garbage bag I still look like shit.
TITCR, and the beauty of that Harvard seal on your law degree outshines the garbage bag of their law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HyeMart

Bronze

Post by HyeMart » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:30 pm

OP is getting 164/165 on his PTs, and he thought it was worthwhile to check out those schools

sdv

Bronze

Post by sdv » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:39 pm

Jimmy John's Underappreciated sandwich joint. The sandwiches are hearty and some of the seats have cushions. They also don't glare at you for having more than two refills. There are amenities such as the option to purchase cookies and chips which I thought really rounded out the choices I had. I know that if I go to Jimmy John's again I won't be without options and will leave fully satisfied.
we just got a Jimmy Johns on campus at Penn last year. It's the most amazing place ever. I'm so glad to be compared to it.

/misses the point

Pausanias

Bronze

Post by Pausanias » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:19 pm

I've probably read OP's original post a dozen times, and every time I do, I guffaw audibly. So funny.

forza

Gold

Post by forza » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Pausanias wrote:I've probably read OP's original post a dozen times, and every time I do, I guffaw audibly. So funny.
You guffaw audibly?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

公诉人

New

Post by 公诉人 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:17 am

HyeMart wrote:OP is getting 164/165 on his PTs, and he thought it was worthwhile to check out those schools
tbf, he's a urm

doublefocus4

New

Post by doublefocus4 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:38 am

ValiantVic wrote:
Wendy's - I just went to Wendy's and let me say first of all that it wasn't what I expected. The advertisement says "It's not fast food, it's Wendy's!" I found this was not the case. My food was delivered to me very quickly. Not what I expected at all. The fries were soggy but the chicken wings were the best part of the meal. The coke was watered down and the chicken wings sucked. Not what I expected AT ALL.

Taco Bell
- What can I say the food was delicious! It's not really surprising considering that Taco Bell is the #1 fast food chain in the country. The counters were clean and to my surprise there were no bums jingling a cup circling the establishment looking for spare change. This lack of bums was a big plus in my book!!! I know they emphasize diversity because there were three types of sauce and I could wrap my soft shell taco in a hard taco shell, this acceptance of taco mixing was another big plus.

Big Win

Pip

Bronze

Post by Pip » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:13 pm

Solerpower wrote:
Yale)

Just wow. Yale is the most impressive, stunning, awe inspiring campus ever. The Law school is very nice, rather Gothic looking but never the less stunning. Yale is what i expected Harvard to look like, and because it is the #1 LS, it did not disappoint.
But did you look a couple of blocks west of the school... where the ghetto starts and the crime rate jumps through the roof. While the campus at Yale looks like it came from a story book the city it is in is the arm pit of the eastern seaboard. There is a reason that the law school has heavy iron gates on the entrance and it isn't to keep wanna be students out.

apollo13

Bronze

Post by apollo13 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:53 am

ValiantVic wrote:
Solerpower wrote:
ValiantVic wrote:

Taco Bell

I'm assuming you don't get a whole lot of action huh? Your probably that kid who wears the coke bottle glasses and pushes them up to his face when you talk.

Any ways good luck on the whole fast food thing and your humor really speaks to your intelligence
While I appreciate your blurbing, I felt that the lack of any informative content in your post left me wanting. You sir, are the literary equivalent of chinese food.
The most EPIC post in TLS

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:22 pm

apollo13 wrote: The most EPIC post in TLS
while you did just unearth a hella old thread...i do agree w/ you

valiant's post was epic, and i dont think he matches solarpower's (once again) failed description at all; BEMYIRLFRIENDVALIANT lol.

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:38 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
apollo13 wrote: The most EPIC post in TLS
while you did just unearth a hella old thread...i do agree w/ you

valiant's post was epic, and i dont think he matches solarpower's (once again) failed description at all; BEMYIRLFRIENDVALIANT lol.
Am I the first to see that solarpower spelled his name wrong?

fastforward

Bronze

Post by fastforward » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:56 pm

A client just sent me the link to this thread, which should be in the TLS Hall of Fame. I couldn't stop myself from bumping it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”