Michigan ASW Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)

Bronze

Re: Michigan ASW

Post by 38981928 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:06 pm

demos9 wrote:
Sounds like a plan! It'd be great to catch up at the end of the Mich one especially and bounce our thoughts around.

@Direwoolf I don't think they have shared it yet for this year, but one of my coworkers went to one in like 2011 and it is almost the same as this one from 2017 so I'm guessing they don't change it up too much. Looks like there will be a link to RSVP eventually though!

https://content.law.virginia.edu/admiss ... e#schedule
So down for this, especially with these two being my top choices right now considering scholarships and COL! Everyone I know that I try to talk to is just like "huh? Michigan? Virginia? What about Harvard and the other guys?" :roll:

demos9

New

Post by demos9 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:12 pm

38981928 wrote:
demos9 wrote:
Sounds like a plan! It'd be great to catch up at the end of the Mich one especially and bounce our thoughts around.

@Direwoolf I don't think they have shared it yet for this year, but one of my coworkers went to one in like 2011 and it is almost the same as this one from 2017 so I'm guessing they don't change it up too much. Looks like there will be a link to RSVP eventually though!

So down for this, especially with these two being my top choices right now considering scholarships and COL! Everyone I know that I try to talk to is just like "huh? Michigan? Virginia? What about Harvard and the other guys?" :roll:
LOL @ everyone at my work who says "If you get into Harvard just GO! You'll have :!: :!: LAWYER MONEY :!: :!: " Especially since I'll be debt-funding my whole way, UVA or Mich with $$ are the dream.

But yeah, I'd say there is about an 80% chance I'll end up at UVA or Michigan and honestly I could see myself being so happy at either. So I definitely would like to weigh in with other people who are considering both. Literally the only negative thing I can offer for either one is that I am a wimp when it comes to the cold and will need and entirely new wardrobe for AA.

feralflamingo

Bronze

Post by feralflamingo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:19 pm

38981928 wrote:
principalagent wrote:
virginia_direwoolf wrote:
demos9 wrote:
38981928 wrote:

Wait is everyone that's going for the second weekend doing so because of UVA on March 15-17? Because I too will be at UVA lol (only haven't seen where I'm supposed to RSVP/register for that one...)
That's my reason for it, and I imagine more than a few others. They haven't put up the registration info for it yet, but honestly I'm not sure if you need to register. I was trying to look at it last night and there is on-site registration and no accommodations like Michigan. Or it could just be too early still.
That’s my reasoning as well...also getting curious about UVA’s schedule
Add me to this list.
Whoo! How fun we should do a TLS meetup in Charlottesville AND Ann Arbor :lol:
Ooooooh like the sound of that
Last edited by feralflamingo on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

feralflamingo

Bronze

Post by feralflamingo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:20 pm

38981928 wrote:
demos9 wrote:

Seriously though...
Last edited by feralflamingo on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ribbon

New

Post by ribbon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:27 pm

demos9 wrote:
ribbon wrote:First weekend!! Guys, what's the auction?? :?: :!:
It's for the Student Funded Fellowships for Public Interest internships. Huge auction with all sorts of silly and fun prizes, it is supposed to be a real hoot!

http://events.law.umich.edu/galleries/s ... tion-2017/
Oh wow, thanks for the info, that does sound fun!! :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:59 am

Just booked my flight for weekend two!

feralflamingo

Bronze

Post by feralflamingo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:32 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!