Michigan ASW Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
feralflamingo

Bronze

Michigan ASW

Post by feralflamingo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:46 am

This thread is so overdue!!! We need to geek out over who's going and have a bespoke suit pageant or something (jk)

Preview I: Thursday afternoon through Saturday morning, March 15-17
Preview II Express: midday Friday through Saturday afternoon, March 23-24 (where yours truly and all the other cool kids are)
Last edited by feralflamingo on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSATuration

Bronze

Re: Michigan ASW

Post by LSATuration » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:06 am

Currently planning on attending ASW 1 if scholarship comes in anywhere close to LSN average

virginia_direwoolf

Bronze

Post by virginia_direwoolf » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:20 am

feralflamingo wrote:This thread is so overdue!!! We need to geek out over who's going and have a bespoke suit pageant or something (jk)

Preview II Express: midday Friday through Saturday afternoon, March 23-24 (where yours truly and all the other cool kids are)
Ayyy +1 on cool kid weekend

Bronze

Post by 38981928 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:29 am

virginia_direwoolf wrote:
feralflamingo wrote:This thread is so overdue!!! We need to geek out over who's going and have a bespoke suit pageant or something (jk)

+2 cool kid weekend!!!! Did you guys do the school sponsored accommodations? Haven't had a roommate since sophomore year of college (unless you count my bf but I don't lol) and I'm feeling some type of way over having to share a bathroom lololol

feralflamingo

Bronze

Post by feralflamingo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:48 am

LSATuration wrote:Currently planning on attending ASW 1 if scholarship comes in anywhere close to LSN average
I'm sure it will, from what I've heard and experienced they've always been super generous with scholly money.
Last edited by feralflamingo on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

feralflamingo

Bronze

Post by feralflamingo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:51 am

38981928 wrote:

+2 cool kid weekend!!!! Did you guys do the school sponsored accommodations? Haven't had a roommate since sophomore year of college (unless you count my bf but I don't lol) and I'm feeling some type of way over having to share a bathroom lololol
I ditched my SO so I could get a roommate (she pushed for it, I think she knows I need more friends :oops: )

rachelac

Bronze

Post by rachelac » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 am

38981928 wrote:

+3! Looking forward to it :) :)

Bronze

Post by 38981928 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 am

feralflamingo wrote:
38981928 wrote:

I ditched my SO so I could get a roommate (she pushed for it, I think she knows I need more friends :oops: )
Aww haha I'm friendly but I tend toward introversion naturally, so I don't think a roommate will be bad for me! And my boyfriend didn't really want to just tag along to all my ASWs and basically be twiddling his thumbs most of the time since we're 99% gonna do long distance anyway so where I go won't affect him too much.

feralflamingo

Bronze

Post by feralflamingo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:20 am

38981928 wrote:
feralflamingo wrote:
38981928 wrote:

Aww haha I'm friendly but I tend toward introversion naturally, so I don't think a roommate will be bad for me! And my boyfriend didn't really want to just tag along to all my ASWs and basically be twiddling his thumbs most of the time since we're 99% gonna do long distance anyway so where I go won't affect him too much.
Haha yes, that is the prevailing (and true) logic. And this way we can focus on important things like "is Stephanie really mikeross91 from TLS?"

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:24 am

I’m coming to ASW 1! Just booked my flight yesterday
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Last edited by etramak on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:41 pm

etramak wrote:About to register but can't think of a freestyle line. This must be what the Yale 250 is like
That was my problem too, lol. I went with something stupid. Mine says “ask to see pictures of my dogs” :lol:
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demos9

New

Post by demos9 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 pm

rachelac wrote:
38981928 wrote:

All aboard the cool kids weekend! Switched from the first weekend after realizing UVA's open house was then. Bummed I'll miss the auction though!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

feralflamingo

Bronze

Post by feralflamingo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:30 pm

demos9 wrote:
rachelac wrote:
38981928 wrote:

All aboard the cool kids weekend! Switched from the first weekend after realizing UVA's open house was then. Bummed I'll miss the auction though!
We miss the auction??? That sucks :/

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:35 pm

demos9 wrote: All aboard the cool kids weekend! Switched from the first weekend after realizing UVA's open house was then. Bummed I'll miss the auction though!
Now I feel like I'm missing out on the cool kids weekend but I have to go to the first one because the second one is during Duke's ASW. :roll: :cry: Sad day. lol
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ribbon

New

Post by ribbon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:37 pm

First weekend!! Guys, what's the auction?? :?: :!:

demos9

New

Post by demos9 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:39 pm

feralflamingo wrote:
demos9 wrote:
rachelac wrote:
38981928 wrote:

Unfortunately :/ It's on the night of the 15th.

https://www.law.umich.edu/admittedstude ... hedule.pdf

Gonna be hitting up Monticello that night!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

demos9

New

Post by demos9 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 pm

ribbon wrote:First weekend!! Guys, what's the auction?? :?: :!:
It's for the Student Funded Fellowships for Public Interest internships. Huge auction with all sorts of silly and fun prizes, it is supposed to be a real hoot!

http://events.law.umich.edu/galleries/s ... tion-2017/

Bronze

Post by 38981928 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:41 pm

demos9 wrote:
feralflamingo wrote:
demos9 wrote:
rachelac wrote:
38981928 wrote:

Unfortunately :/ It's on the night of the 15th.

https://www.law.umich.edu/admittedstude ... hedule.pdf

Gonna be hitting up Monticello that night!
Wait is everyone that's going for the second weekend doing so because of UVA on March 15-17? Because I too will be at UVA lol (only haven't seen where I'm supposed to RSVP/register for that one...)

demos9

New

Post by demos9 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:43 pm

38981928 wrote:

Wait is everyone that's going for the second weekend doing so because of UVA on March 15-17? Because I too will be at UVA lol (only haven't seen where I'm supposed to RSVP/register for that one...)
That's my reason for it, and I imagine more than a few others. They haven't put up the registration info for it yet, but honestly I'm not sure if you need to register. I was trying to look at it last night and there is on-site registration and no accommodations like Michigan. Or it could just be too early still.

virginia_direwoolf

Bronze

Post by virginia_direwoolf » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:46 pm

demos9 wrote:
38981928 wrote:

That's my reason for it, and I imagine more than a few others. They haven't put up the registration info for it yet, but honestly I'm not sure if you need to register. I was trying to look at it last night and there is on-site registration and no accommodations like Michigan. Or it could just be too early still.
That’s my reasoning as well...also getting curious about UVA’s schedule

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:51 pm

demos9 wrote:
38981928 wrote:

Add me to this list.

Bronze

Post by 38981928 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:57 pm

principalagent wrote:
demos9 wrote:
38981928 wrote:

Add me to this list.
Whoo! How fun we should do a TLS meetup in Charlottesville AND Ann Arbor :lol:

demos9

New

Post by demos9 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:01 pm

38981928 wrote:
principalagent wrote:
demos9 wrote:
38981928 wrote:

Add me to this list.
Whoo! How fun we should do a TLS meetup in Charlottesville AND Ann Arbor :lol:
Sounds like a plan! It'd be great to catch up at the end of the Mich one especially and bounce our thoughts around.

@Direwoolf I don't think they have shared it yet for this year, but one of my coworkers went to one in like 2011 and it is almost the same as this one from 2017 so I'm guessing they don't change it up too much. Looks like there will be a link to RSVP eventually though!

https://content.law.virginia.edu/admiss ... e#schedule

NavyNuke

Bronze

Post by NavyNuke » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Yeah asw 2 people miss the auction, but I hear they have a sweet PowerPoint about the ways in which AA is better than cville prepared for you all.
Last edited by NavyNuke on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”