Would it be weird to visit while my application is under review? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
floatie

Silver

Would it be weird to visit while my application is under review?

Post by floatie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:17 pm

I applied ED to UVA and my application is currently UR1. I have the week off next week and was thinking about visiting campus. I already visited on my own once, but I'd like to stop by while there are actually people in the admissions office, if for nothing else but to introduce myself.

How should I go about doing this? Should I call in advance?

2000andBeyond

Silver

Re: Would it be weird to visit while my application is under review?

Post by 2000andBeyond » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:20 pm

floatie wrote:I applied ED to UVA and my application is currently UR1. I have the week off next week and was thinking about visiting campus. I already visited on my own once, but I'd like to stop by while there are actually people in the admissions office, if for nothing else but to introduce myself.

LOL, uhm...I'm doing this as a precautionary wait list measure for some schools too. Hoping to tip scales at best!

I personally signed up for a tour!
Last edited by 2000andBeyond on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Why wouldn't you?? Not sure exactly how much it helps, but definitely couldn't hurt for them to put a face to your application. Especially at a school at like UVA that really emphasizes people having personalities, I don't see how this couldn't be a good idea.

I visited a couple of schools while I was UR, and thought it was nice that I could write a brief "thank you" note to the person I spoke to. I'm sure that they'll know who they're reading about when they get to my app.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:22 pm

EinassA wrote:
floatie wrote:I applied ED to UVA and my application is currently UR1. I have the week off next week and was thinking about visiting campus. I already visited on my own once, but I'd like to stop by while there are actually people in the admissions office, if for nothing else but to introduce myself.

LOL, uhm...I'm doing this as a precautionary wait list measure too. Hoping to tip scales at best!
Yeah...I'm a bit of a reach (thanks, science GPA) so I really want to do absolutely everything I can right now, but I also don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:23 pm

floatie wrote:
EinassA wrote:

LOL, uhm...I'm doing this as a precautionary wait list measure too. Hoping to tip scales at best!
Yeah...I'm a bit of a reach (thanks, science GPA) so I really want to do absolutely everything I can right now, but I also don't want to shoot myself in the foot.
We are twinsies (pre-med all four years GPA :cry: ) YOU GOT THIS. LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!! LEGGOOOOOOO

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:24 pm

EinassA wrote:
floatie wrote:
EinassA wrote:

We are twinsies (pre-med all four years GPA :cry: ) YOU GOT THIS. LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!! LEGGOOOOOOO
I am still kicking myself for not switching out of pre-med until after I graduated.

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:29 pm

floatie wrote:
EinassA wrote:
floatie wrote:
EinassA wrote:

I am still kicking myself for not switching out of pre-med until after I graduated.
I really hated myself for this too. But I've learned to see it this way: Pursuing medical school was a dream I had ever since I was little (one undoubtedly rooted in cultural pressure and an uninformed childhood dream). Divorcing myself from that vision means that I am now more sure than ever that what I have chosen to pursue (as a mature adult) is what is best for me. Hopefully adcomms will see that about us and everyone else who has switched up the game. Best of luck to you!!

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:34 pm

EinassA wrote: I really hated myself for this too. But I've learned to see it this way: Pursuing medical school was a dream I had ever since I was little (one undoubtedly rooted in cultural pressure and an uninformed childhood dream). Divorcing myself from that vision means that I am now more sure than ever that what I have chosen to pursue (as a mature adult) is what is best for me. Hopefully adcomms will see that about us and everyone else who has switched up the game. Best of luck to you!!
That's a really good perspective. Best of luck to you as well :)

studyingeveryday

Silver

Post by studyingeveryday » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:33 pm

Should we notify admissions if we're under review and planning to visit, in case they were going to not admit you, in the hopes that they'll at least wait for your visit to make a decision?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”