Dean of Law School Called. What does that mean for my ego? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
LBall8287

New

Dean of Law School Called. What does that mean for my ego?

Post by LBall8287 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:12 pm

Short and sweet. I've been accepted and received a call from the Dean of the law school. Should I be flattered or was it just standard operating procedure. My numbers are higher than the median, just wondering because I have yet to receive a scholarship offer by mail. The Dean left a VM and I'm debating returning the call. What do y'all think?

zerato5

Bronze

Re: Dean of Law School Called. What does that mean for my ego?

Post by zerato5 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Last edited by zerato5 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Are you really asking how flattered you should be? You got in. Be happy.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:31 pm

lols.

zeglo

Silver

Post by zeglo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:37 pm

Last edited by zeglo on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:19 pm

Going off on this, was anyone else like super awkward on the phone? I was at work and picked it up with moving from my desk (in front of my boss). I kind of feel like it was a bad impression to the Dean, in comparison to my pretty good video interview a couple days before. This wouldn't impact anything scholarship wise, or anything, right? I know this sounds really neurotic it was just so unlike me haha

arroznueve

New

Post by arroznueve » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Keilz wrote:Going off on this, was anyone else like super awkward on the phone? I was at work and picked it up with moving from my desk (in front of my boss). I kind of feel like it was a bad impression to the Dean, in comparison to my pretty good video interview a couple days before. This wouldn't impact anything scholarship wise, or anything, right? I know this sounds really neurotic it was just so unlike me haha
The conversation was recorded and the Dean has invited all the faculty, alumni, and current 1Ls to listen to it over and over and laugh at you.

(Calm down. The only person who remembers your conversation is you).

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:10 pm

arroznueve wrote:
Keilz wrote:Going off on this, was anyone else like super awkward on the phone? I was at work and picked it up with moving from my desk (in front of my boss). I kind of feel like it was a bad impression to the Dean, in comparison to my pretty good video interview a couple days before. This wouldn't impact anything scholarship wise, or anything, right? I know this sounds really neurotic it was just so unlike me haha
The conversation was recorded and the Dean has invited all the faculty, alumni, and current 1Ls to listen to it over and over and laugh at you.

:lol: :oops: thanks

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:45 am

Keilz wrote:
arroznueve wrote:

:lol: :oops: thanks
No tea, no shade but I would die laughing if you lost your scholarship over an awkward phone call and the conversation they would have to explain it to you.

Ps- - they aren't, so we're both safe

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”