LSAC Forum Questions Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
panopticon

New

LSAC Forum Questions

Post by panopticon » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:06 am

In a few weeks, I will be going to a LSAC Forum in my city. This is my first time going to any type of grad/career forum and had a few questions about it for anyone who has gone before. There are a ton of workshops scheduled, but I am only really interested in speaking to the law school reps - do they stick around when those workshops are happening? Also, what are some best practices when speaking with the law school rep at the table? Can I ask them, for example, for feedback about my personal statement topic or the content of my resume? Also, if a school offers a fee waiver, do they generally give them upfront or do you have to ask during the conversation? Thanks in advance for the insights.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Re: LSAC Forum Questions

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:34 am

I went to the SF fair a few weeks ago, so this is based on what I saw there:

From what I can tell, the school reps will be there at their booths during the workshops. I think the workshops presenters are a different group than the individual school reps.

Fee waivers are mixed. I only went to the fair to get waivers for three schools, and for those three I just signed a sheet so they could provide one to my account. But a few other tables I visited offered fee waiver codes.

As far as questions go, I can't really speak to those specifically. I'd be a little hesitant though to ask about personal statement feedback. Maybe if you're just asking about the overall topic, they might chime in, but I would suspect they'd politely decline to go over the PS in the same way they won't tell you your chances for admission. Others here might be able to offer better advice though based on their personal experiences.

Return to “Law School Visits”