Enrolling without visiting school Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
lacrossebrother

Platinum

Re: Enrolling without visiting school

Post by lacrossebrother » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:56 pm

blsingindisguise wrote:Location should only be a factor in law school decision inasmuch as (1) it relates to the market you want to work in, (2) there are serious considerations like closeness to family or spouse's job, (3) there are concerns that it might be in an exceedingly dangerous area (Rutgers Camden maybe?). And maybe if you're super-climate-sensitive, that could be a factor. Otherwise, it's the last thing you want to be thinking about. Plus, it's not like there are many campus-specific factors that affect your education. Most reputable law schools are going to have big-ass lecture halls, big dumb libraries full 'o' reporters that would crumble at the touch from lack of use, etc. And caring about the nightlife, scene and recreation around the law school suggests to me you probably just shouldn't go to law school.

If the schools are otherwise identical for cost, employment prospects, etc I guess it couldn't hurt.
You are the worst

blsingindisguise

Silver

Post by blsingindisguise » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:25 pm

lacrossebrother wrote:
blsingindisguise wrote:Location should only be a factor in law school decision inasmuch as (1) it relates to the market you want to work in, (2) there are serious considerations like closeness to family or spouse's job, (3) there are concerns that it might be in an exceedingly dangerous area (Rutgers Camden maybe?). And maybe if you're super-climate-sensitive, that could be a factor. Otherwise, it's the last thing you want to be thinking about. Plus, it's not like there are many campus-specific factors that affect your education. Most reputable law schools are going to have big-ass lecture halls, big dumb libraries full 'o' reporters that would crumble at the touch from lack of use, etc. And caring about the nightlife, scene and recreation around the law school suggests to me you probably just shouldn't go to law school.

If the schools are otherwise identical for cost, employment prospects, etc I guess it couldn't hurt.
You are the worst
Yup, and I graduated magna and on law review. Law School is a professional school, it's not college. I had fun in college. GL.

lacrossebrother

Platinum

Post by lacrossebrother » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Is your wife hot

UnicornHunter

Diamond

Post by UnicornHunter » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:22 pm

sublime wrote:I went without visiting and it was fine.
+1

You can learn everything you need to know by looking at LST.

fisheatbananas

Bronze

Post by fisheatbananas » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:47 pm

as an international student i am not able to visit any schools before enrolling. it just means you have to research more in other ways (look at their website, talk to admissions and current
students or alums etc). its a bit different but i didnt visit any colleges too (attended a u.s. institution for undergrad) and was fine then too

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”