Dress Code for ASW

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Post Reply
User avatar
RCSOB657

Gold
Posts: 3346
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by RCSOB657 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:43 pm

Have to ask, are you sure it wasn't an umbrella?

User avatar
ChemEng1642

Silver
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by ChemEng1642 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:48 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:Have to ask, are you sure it wasn't an umbrella?
Yeah this - my SO has the sword umbrella and he's definitely gotten yelled at in grocery stores and stuff :lol:

User avatar
LSATneurotic

Silver
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by LSATneurotic » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:23 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:Have to ask, are you sure it wasn't an umbrella?
Yeah this - my SO has the sword umbrella and he's definitely gotten yelled at in grocery stores and stuff :lol:
I've never heard of such a thing. What makes it sword-like? Is it an umbrella with a scabbard or something?

User avatar
Emma.

Gold
Posts: 2408
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by Emma. » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:36 pm

LSATneurotic wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:Have to ask, are you sure it wasn't an umbrella?
Yeah this - my SO has the sword umbrella and he's definitely gotten yelled at in grocery stores and stuff :lol:
I've never heard of such a thing. What makes it sword-like? Is it an umbrella with a scabbard or something?
Image

User avatar
ChemEng1642

Silver
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by ChemEng1642 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:34 am

Emma. wrote:
LSATneurotic wrote:
ChemEng1642 wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:Have to ask, are you sure it wasn't an umbrella?
Yeah this - my SO has the sword umbrella and he's definitely gotten yelled at in grocery stores and stuff :lol:
I've never heard of such a thing. What makes it sword-like? Is it an umbrella with a scabbard or something?
Image
Haha yeah it's that^ I'm honestly surprised that anyone confuses it for a real sword...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
Serett

Diamond
Posts: 16077
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by Serett » Mon May 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Image

I own that one, myself. Not only am I surprised if people could mistake it for an actual sword, I'm surprised when people even notice what it's supposed to resemble to begin with.

User avatar
IWantToBeAFarmer

Bronze
Posts: 408
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by IWantToBeAFarmer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:04 am

LOL

Matthew Jones

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by Matthew Jones » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:21 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:To those saying "wear whatever you want":

I would advise against that. This is your first chance to make a good impression. Obviously you don't need to wear a $1500 suit, but a decent brooks brothers suit with nice shoes, a decent tie would go a long way in developing a reputation for caring about your profession/colleagues.
I agree. The first inpression is important. It's better to wear something presentable. But remember that clothes don't make the man :)

User avatar
zeglo

Silver
Posts: 687
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by zeglo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:46 pm

.
Last edited by zeglo on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by brinicolec » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:13 am

Matthew Jones wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:To those saying "wear whatever you want":

I would advise against that. This is your first chance to make a good impression. Obviously you don't need to wear a $1500 suit, but a decent brooks brothers suit with nice shoes, a decent tie would go a long way in developing a reputation for caring about your profession/colleagues.
I agree. The first inpression is important. It's better to wear something presentable. But remember that clothes don't make the man :)
Wait. Y'all really believe that people are going to remember you from ASW because you wore a nice tie and a decent suit (other than anyone you might intentionally stay in contact with) when there's like... 4-5 months between ASW and when you actually attend LS?

...... Really?

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3248
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:17 am

brinicolec wrote:
Matthew Jones wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:To those saying "wear whatever you want":

I would advise against that. This is your first chance to make a good impression. Obviously you don't need to wear a $1500 suit, but a decent brooks brothers suit with nice shoes, a decent tie would go a long way in developing a reputation for caring about your profession/colleagues.
I agree. The first inpression is important. It's better to wear something presentable. But remember that clothes don't make the man :)
Wait. Y'all really believe that people are going to remember you from ASW because you wore a nice tie and a decent suit (other than anyone you might intentionally stay in contact with) when there's like... 4-5 months between ASW and when you actually attend LS?

...... Really?
im gonna remember you specifically bri

User avatar
cavalier1138

Moderator
Posts: 7397
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:34 am

Matthew Jones wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:To those saying "wear whatever you want":

I would advise against that. This is your first chance to make a good impression. Obviously you don't need to wear a $1500 suit, but a decent brooks brothers suit with nice shoes, a decent tie would go a long way in developing a reputation for caring about your profession/colleagues.
I agree. The first inpression is important. It's better to wear something presentable. But remember that clothes don't make the man :)
You guys know that you've already been admitted, right? Who do you think is going to be impressed by you at an event where their entire job is to suck up to you and sell you on their program?

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by Dodocogon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:04 pm

Hey guys - I want people to know I mean business. Thoughts?
[+] Spoiler
Image

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1881
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Hey guys - I want people to know I mean business. Thoughts?
Only if you're doing a high-speed fly-by of the dean's office in order to impress his daughter. 8)

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by brinicolec » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Matthew Jones wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:To those saying "wear whatever you want":

I would advise against that. This is your first chance to make a good impression. Obviously you don't need to wear a $1500 suit, but a decent brooks brothers suit with nice shoes, a decent tie would go a long way in developing a reputation for caring about your profession/colleagues.
I agree. The first inpression is important. It's better to wear something presentable. But remember that clothes don't make the man :)
Wait. Y'all really believe that people are going to remember you from ASW because you wore a nice tie and a decent suit (other than anyone you might intentionally stay in contact with) when there's like... 4-5 months between ASW and when you actually attend LS?

...... Really?
im gonna remember you specifically bri
Well, tbh, I'm poppin', so0o0o I'm not surprised :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold
Posts: 3248
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:34 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Matthew Jones wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:To those saying "wear whatever you want":

I would advise against that. This is your first chance to make a good impression. Obviously you don't need to wear a $1500 suit, but a decent brooks brothers suit with nice shoes, a decent tie would go a long way in developing a reputation for caring about your profession/colleagues.
I agree. The first inpression is important. It's better to wear something presentable. But remember that clothes don't make the man :)
:mrgreen:
Wait. Y'all really believe that people are going to remember you from ASW because you wore a nice tie and a decent suit (other than anyone you might intentionally stay in contact with) when there's like... 4-5 months between ASW and when you actually attend LS?

...... Really?
im gonna remember you specifically bri
Well, tbh, I'm poppin', so0o0o I'm not surprised :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding.
:mrgreen:

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by 2000andBeyond » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Any thoughts on what to wear for a law school tour? I know this is not as important. Just want to make sure I don't commit any faux pas by wearing my ball gown.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
whats an updog

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:12 am

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by whats an updog » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:04 pm

Whenever I see people all dressed up for their law school tours or ASW or whatever, I just laugh.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by guynourmin » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 pm

whats an updog wrote:Whenever I see people all dressed up for their law school tours or ASW or whatever, I just laugh.
sat in on a class with another prospective who was in a suit that was insanely wrinkled. It was noticeable from a distance.

lnsl123

Bronze
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by lnsl123 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:46 pm

.
Last edited by lnsl123 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dm1683

Silver
Posts: 753
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by dm1683 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:28 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:Any thoughts on what to wear for a law school tour? I know this is not as important. Just want to make sure I don't commit any faux pas by wearing my ball gown.
Just wear a nice dress or a skirt and a dressy top. I guess it largely depends on the school and the climate though.

My rule of thumb for these sorts of things is wear what I would wear to Thanksgiving dinner at my grandmother's house. Nice, but not extravagant.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver
Posts: 1362
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:33 pm

dm1683 wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:Any thoughts on what to wear for a law school tour? I know this is not as important. Just want to make sure I don't commit any faux pas by wearing my ball gown.
Just wear a nice dress or a skirt and a dressy top. I guess it largely depends on the school and the climate though.

My rule of thumb for these sorts of things is wear what I would wear to Thanksgiving dinner at my grandmother's house. Nice, but not extravagant.
Solid advice. If man, a button down and jeans/chinos. If woman, same, or skirt or jeans + blouse/button down. If neither, any of the above.

dm1683

Silver
Posts: 753
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by dm1683 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:45 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:Any thoughts on what to wear for a law school tour? I know this is not as important. Just want to make sure I don't commit any faux pas by wearing my ball gown.
Just wear a nice dress or a skirt and a dressy top. I guess it largely depends on the school and the climate though.

My rule of thumb for these sorts of things is wear what I would wear to Thanksgiving dinner at my grandmother's house. Nice, but not extravagant.
Solid advice. If man, a button down and jeans/chinos. If woman, same, or skirt or jeans + blouse/button down. If neither, any of the above.
LOL @ last part.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver
Posts: 1362
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:53 am

dm1683 wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:Any thoughts on what to wear for a law school tour? I know this is not as important. Just want to make sure I don't commit any faux pas by wearing my ball gown.
Just wear a nice dress or a skirt and a dressy top. I guess it largely depends on the school and the climate though.

My rule of thumb for these sorts of things is wear what I would wear to Thanksgiving dinner at my grandmother's house. Nice, but not extravagant.
Solid advice. If man, a button down and jeans/chinos. If woman, same, or skirt or jeans + blouse/button down. If neither, any of the above.
LOL @ last part.
?

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Dress Code for ASW

Post by ashrice13 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:24 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Hey guys - I want people to know I mean business. Thoughts?
[+] Spoiler
Image
I believe we're going to the same BU asd, right? Let's both wear this.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”