Michigan ASW II Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
er doctor

Bronze

Re: Michigan ASW II

Post by er doctor » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:16 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
er doctor wrote:I can only say this thread is having more of an impact on my decision than the ASW and every letter from Dean Z combined. I SO want to spend three years with you people (provided I can figure who you are IRL)
I will tell you who I am IRL provided that you knit me a matching hat.
OK I love that we are still posting in this thread two weeks after the actual weekend.

I was not expecting the overwhelming response to my knitting but I promise as soon as I move to A2 this summer I will buy up supplies of blue and maize yarn and start knitting like crazy. Do you think the professors will be offended if I knit in class?

whirledpeas86

Silver

Post by whirledpeas86 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:30 pm

er doctor wrote:
er doctor wrote:I can only say this thread is having more of an impact on my decision than the ASW and every letter from Dean Z combined. I SO want to spend three years with you people (provided I can figure who you are IRL)
OK I love that we are still posting in this thread two weeks after the actual weekend.

I was not expecting the overwhelming response to my knitting but I promise as soon as I move to A2 this summer I will buy up supplies of blue and maize yarn and start knitting like crazy. Do you think the professors will be offended if I knit in class?
After getting into it with a former professor, I have links to several articles and studies arguing that knitting and other activities like doodling etc. help you concentrate and synthesize information better/faster. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/fa ... elp-memory

ETA: thank you BA in psychology! :wink:

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:29 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:
er doctor wrote:

After getting into it with a former professor, I have links to several articles and studies arguing that knitting and other activities like doodling etc. help you concentrate and synthesize information better/faster. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/fa ... elp-memory

ETA: thank you BA in psychology! :wink:
ahahahahaha amazing!

RIPmitchhedberg

New

Post by RIPmitchhedberg » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:25 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:
er doctor wrote:
rui wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Are you the TFA dude?
TFA dude said he wasn't on TLS (we sat next to each other on the Flyer back to DTW).
Not on TLS? Then how did he get into a good law school?
:lol:

I met an admitted student who studied formthe LSAT for three weeks, applied to five schools, and was dinged everywhere except Michigan. Kind of sounds like the perfect cycle to me and makes me sad I studied for three months and applied to fifteen schools. When I told him he had the perfect cycle, he asked me what a cycle is, so I'm quite convinced he's not on tls. :lol:
If I remember correctly, he had also never heard of top-law-schools.com. At the time I imagined everyone around the table and the shocked faces their avatars would have been making.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”