Penn - March 25-26 ASW! Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
achilles

Bronze

Re: Penn - March 25-26 ASW!

Post by achilles » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Walked around Philly all day and I'm frozen!! Excited for tonight! Anyone heading over from the Crowne Plaza? I was gonna take the trolley to check it out

dabomb75

Bronze

Post by dabomb75 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:18 pm

achilles wrote:Walked around Philly all day and I'm frozen!! Excited for tonight! Anyone heading over from the Crowne Plaza? I was gonna take the trolley to check it out
in my room there right now. Don't want to walk out in that damn cold weather after walking a ton yesterday and early morning today. Probably going to roam Center City for a couple of hours in a little bit before heading over to the tap house at 8

achilles

Bronze

Post by achilles » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:47 pm

dabomb75 wrote:
achilles wrote:Walked around Philly all day and I'm frozen!! Excited for tonight! Anyone heading over from the Crowne Plaza? I was gonna take the trolley to check it out
in my room there right now. Don't want to walk out in that damn cold weather after walking a ton yesterday and early morning today. Probably going to roam Center City for a couple of hours in a little bit before heading over to the tap house at 8
Ha ya I'm thawing at the moment. I didn't think to bring any gloves or a hat with me. I may grab a beer in the bar in the lobby before heading out if you wanna meet up! You can PM me if so

OutCold

Bronze

Post by OutCold » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:15 pm

achilles wrote:
dabomb75 wrote:
Ha ya I'm thawing at the moment. I didn't think to bring any gloves or a hat with me. I may grab a beer in the bar in the lobby before heading out if you wanna meet up! You can PM me if so
I'm there too if anyone wants to grab a drink beforehand.

ilovemulch

Bronze

Post by ilovemulch » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Kwax wrote:
achilles wrote:
dabomb75 wrote:
I'm there too if anyone wants to grab a drink beforehand.
Same, i was thinking of going to the reception for a little bit too though. Would u wanna meet in lobby at 7 then leave around 715?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

capsman11

New

Post by capsman11 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:47 pm

in my room there right now. Don't want to walk out in that damn cold weather after walking a ton yesterday and early morning today. Probably going to roam Center City for a couple of hours in a little bit before heading over to the tap house at 8[/quote]

Ha ya I'm thawing at the moment. I didn't think to bring any gloves or a hat with me. I may grab a beer in the bar in the lobby before heading out if you wanna meet up! You can PM me if so[/quote]
I'm there too if anyone wants to grab a drink beforehand.[/quote]

Same, i was thinking of going to the reception for a little bit too though. Would u wanna meet in lobby at 7 then leave around 715?[/quote]

Can I join? I'd like to head to the reception before the bar. Are you guys getting lobby beers before the ride?

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:56 pm

It's in the 40s, right? I looked at my weather widget and saw that it was sunny and 42 and was excited, but on this thread turned into ITT: It is cold at Penn...

ilovemulch

Bronze

Post by ilovemulch » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:57 pm

^yup going down in 5 min meet in front of bar/pub?

dabomb75

Bronze

Post by dabomb75 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:03 pm

There's 3 of us who are going to be meeting in the lobby bar around 7:30 before heading out. Don't think we're going to make it to the reception.

If anyone wants to join you're welcome to

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ilovemulch

Bronze

Post by ilovemulch » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:07 pm

Ok on my way to reception now... See you later!

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:13 pm

ilovemulch wrote:^yup going down in 5 min meet in front of bar/pub?
thanks mulch!

also is anyone going to the ethiopian place on friday???

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:22 pm

On the bus to Philly! Yayyy :)

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Kids taking notes in the mock class...gunners gonna gun hahaha

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:09 pm

The Stig wrote:Kids taking notes in the mock class...gunners gonna gun hahaha
I feel I should have read the case...I am going to exercise my right to pass if it comes to me :x

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:15 pm

dulcatis wrote:
I feel I should have read the case...I am going to exercise my right to pass if it comes to me :x
That's why I am next to the goat instead of in the class. Where are you Stig, did you say hi?

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:43 pm

r6_philly wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
That's why I am next to the goat instead of in the class. Where are you Stig, did you say hi?
I'll stop by!

Also my new favorite phrase is "that is to say"...it's just so good.

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:10 pm

It really was awesome meeting all of you! Find me on facebook or something so we can all talk more, everyone was definitely cool and it makes me excited about the idea of going to Penn.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gatorgirl4life

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl4life » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:22 pm

for those of us who couldn't make it, how was it?!

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:14 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:for those of us who couldn't make it, how was it?!
I personally found it incredible...a two day even chock full of activities and panels that no school I'm going to is coming close in matching the volume of.

I talked to a lot of current students, and not only are they happy they chose Penn, but are overwhelmingly excited about the place. You can also tell it wasn't a show for ASW.

I thought the best part was how cool all the fellow applicants were :P

Georgiana

Silver

Post by Georgiana » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:21 pm

pereira6 wrote:
I personally found it incredible...a two day even chock full of activities and panels that no school I'm going to is coming close in matching the volume of.

I talked to a lot of current students, and not only are they happy they chose Penn, but are overwhelmingly excited about the place. You can also tell it wasn't a show for ASW.

Hoorah!!!!

I didn't meet any of you since I'm pretty removed from the law school as a 3L but I'm glad it was a good experience (I remember my visit and thoroughly enjoyed it!). If any of you have suggestions for improvement I know the office of admissions is always happy to hear them so don't be shy :)

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Georgiana wrote:
pereira6 wrote:

Hoorah!!!!

I didn't meet any of you since I'm pretty removed from the law school as a 3L but I'm glad it was a good experience (I remember my visit and thoroughly enjoyed it!). If any of you have suggestions for improvement I know the office of admissions is always happy to hear them so don't be shy :)
I really enjoyed it as well! Seriously, everyone I met was awesome.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sonervous88

Bronze

Post by sonervous88 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:29 pm

dulcatis wrote:
i saw that too. wtf...lol

sonervous88

Bronze

Post by sonervous88 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Georgiana wrote:
pereira6 wrote:

Hoorah!!!!

seriously it was waaaay better than all the other ones i've been to so far. i felt the same way about the students. i couldn't believe how many current students were involved and how happy and involved they were. it definitely was NOT a show. i really wasn't seriously considering upenn anymore but now i'm basically set on going. :)

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:42 pm

The Stig wrote: I really enjoyed it as well! Seriously, everyone I met was awesome.
You ran out! I was going to say bye to you guys.

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:48 pm

r6_philly wrote:
The Stig wrote: I really enjoyed it as well! Seriously, everyone I met was awesome.
You ran out! I was going to say bye to you guys.
Sorry man! I was jumping out to creep around and take pics :D (which shall be uploaded tomorrow for those who want to see them).
sonervous88 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
i saw that too. wtf...lol
I actually met someone who was taking notes, and she said she was doing it to follow along in the class... I take back my comments about gunning :oops:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”