Michigan - March 10-12 Preview Weekend Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
ko2689

New

Re: Michigan - March 10-12 Preview Weekend

Post by ko2689 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:36 pm

I know there's hockey going on, but there's also a men's gymnastics competition going on Saturday afternoon that I definitely plan on attending!

wolverine2014

Bronze

Post by wolverine2014 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:49 am

so what are we suppose to wear during ASW?

dcwumpus

Bronze

Post by dcwumpus » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:59 am

wolverine2014 wrote:so what are we suppose to wear during ASW?
The email said casual, which is my specialty.

InvictusFortis

Bronze

Post by InvictusFortis » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:40 am

I was all against movie night until I found out it was My Cousin Vinny. I figured my time could be better spent in Ann Arbor than watching a movie...and I thought choosing a law school was a dilemma.

wolverine2014

Bronze

Post by wolverine2014 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:04 am

dcwumpus wrote:
wolverine2014 wrote:so what are we suppose to wear during ASW?
The email said casual, which is my specialty.
thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wolverine2014

Bronze

Post by wolverine2014 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:05 am

InvictusFortis wrote:I was all against movie night until I found out it was My Cousin Vinny. I figured my time could be better spent in Ann Arbor than watching a movie...and I thought choosing a law school was a dilemma.
Am I missing something? What's up with this movie night event?

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:11 pm

so I talked to a couple current 2Ls and they said that the party on Friday is actually legit...is anyone else planning on going? I think I will after the hockey game...

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:14 pm

The Stig wrote:so I talked to a couple current 2Ls and they said that the party on Friday is actually legit...is anyone else planning on going? I think I will after the hockey game...
I am 112% sure I will be there :D

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:29 pm

The Stig wrote:so I talked to a couple current 2Ls and they said that the party on Friday is actually legit...is anyone else planning on going? I think I will after the hockey game...
I know a few of us who are going to the hockey game are going to the party afterwards! I am not dressing up, though. Not a big enough carry-on for that.

Am also lazy/not v creative.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:33 pm

dulcatis wrote:
I know a few of us who are going to the hockey game are going to the party afterwards! I am not dressing up, though. Not a big enough carry-on for that.

Am also lazy/not v creative.
Oh.. there's a theme.. how did I miss that.. DAMN, I love a good theme party! I might not be dressing up either :(

Edit: Is this an excuse to wear the sequined dress I was too chicken to bring? Can I pull it off as an "ice skating" outfit?

InvictusFortis

Bronze

Post by InvictusFortis » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:38 pm

arism87 wrote: Oh.. there's a theme.. how did I miss that.. DAMN, I love a good theme party! I might not be dressing up either :(

Edit: Is this an excuse to wear the sequined dress I was too chicken to bring? Can I pull it off as an "ice skating" outfit?
As a native Floridian I will not be dressing up. This makes me rethink the party.

dcwumpus

Bronze

Post by dcwumpus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:40 pm

Anyone else get the email from the OutLaws? Now I have to choose gay or straight for all the parties...

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:43 pm

InvictusFortis wrote:
arism87 wrote: Oh.. there's a theme.. how did I miss that.. DAMN, I love a good theme party! I might not be dressing up either :(

As a native Floridian I will not be dressing up. This makes me rethink the party.
Awww come! At least half the people at even the best themed party are in normal clothes :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:47 pm

InvictusFortis wrote:

Don't worry, most of the admits won't be dressing up. Actually, some law students may not either, so you won't feel out of place at all. Either way, the Phid party should be a good time, as will the bar night tomorrow night. The Phid party was one of my favorite events when I went to preview weekend, and I have equal expectations for this Friday.

Feel free to ask away if you have any questions!

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:02 am

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
InvictusFortis wrote:

Don't worry, most of the admits won't be dressing up. Actually, some law students may not either, so you won't feel out of place at all. Either way, the Phid party should be a good time, as will the bar night tomorrow night. The Phid party was one of my favorite events when I went to preview weekend, and I have equal expectations for this Friday.

woah I totally missed that there was a theme! What it is? What bar are we going to?

@Dulc- are you guys meeting up to go to the game?

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:07 am

The Stig wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:
InvictusFortis wrote:

woah I totally missed that there was a theme! What it is? What bar are we going to?

@Dulc- are you guys meeting up to go to the game?
the '94 winter olympics

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:09 am

Wait, wasn't that the year of Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding? Can I actually wear a sequined dress? I don't wanna be the only 0L dressing up, but THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:14 am

arism87 wrote:Wait, wasn't that the year of Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding? Can I actually wear a sequined dress? I don't wanna be the only 0L dressing up, but THE POSSIBILITIES!!!
Oh there's at least one other 0L dressing up. Wear that so we can find you easily :)

& stig, PM entchen! She knows...about the hockey game. She is our leader/coordinator XD

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:27 am

I feel like...I should just show up to this party seeing as how I'd be around. But what if no one wants me? :oops: That's what I get for reserving so late and being lazy..boo waitlist.

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:21 am

arism87 wrote:
the '94 winter olympics
Here's some suggestions they sent out
E-mail wrote:Costume Suggestions: "Get Lillehammer'd" is a winter-themed, 90s party.
Wear a competing nation's flag (and only the flag),
Clashing patterns, neon colors, ray bans (apparently ascots are in),
Dress as your favorite 94 Olympian (Tonya Harding's ex-husband),
A contestant in your favorite event (ice dancing),
The snooty French and Russian judges,
Create teams with friends and come representing your country of choice (Phidlandia),
GET CREATIVE! There are some great ideas floating around.

Here's a little something to get everyone in the mood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOtx0msoEOQ
Hope you guys have a great time here. The movie night starts around 7:30 in Hutchins 100... but I recommend a bar night pre game instead. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

er doctor

Bronze

Post by er doctor » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:45 am

When I told my boyfriend that the theme for the party was "Let's get Lillehammer'd" he laughed and said "here's hoping the party for ASW II is 'Let's get Lake Plastered!'"

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:12 am

Uhh so what about Michigan's basketball game against Illinois on Friday at 2:30pm... This is huge; will they pause ASW for it? It's win and in (sort of)

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:15 am

There's a party? Gonna have to ask around today.

stargazer

New

Post by stargazer » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:48 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
InvictusFortis wrote:

both the bar night and phid party are going to be really fun. bar night is at scorekeepers, a sports bar with a dance floor and ridiculously cheap drinks ($1 long islands, $2.75 pitchers of coors, etc.). law school events at skeeps are insanely fun. it's a very popular bar though so i would recommend getting to the bar closer to 10. no one really knows when a line will form..11? 1130? (and the university had spring break last week so everyone is back and wants to go out). also, i would recommend stopping by NYPD for some late night pizza after skeeps. soo good.
as flight of the earls said, don't worry about dressing up for the phid party. there are always current students who choose not to dress to the theme. that being said, if you want to dress up, go for it! phid house party = jungle juice, kegs, table dancing, etc. always a good time.

stargazer

New

Post by stargazer » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:50 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:I feel like...I should just show up to this party seeing as how I'd be around. But what if no one wants me? :oops: That's what I get for reserving so late and being lazy..boo waitlist.
it's an open party. if you want to go, then go. it's not like you're some random (and even if you were, no one would care) so you have nothing to worry about.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”