Re: W&L ASW February 2011

Post by gov » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:19 am

lvsmithmarsh wrote:Me!
+1

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:30 am

I'm visiting W&M on Thursday and getting to Lexington by midday that Friday. Don't recall anything being planned for Friday evening, so if any of the TLSers want to meet up, we should plan something. I assume we will all be in the same hotel as well.

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:32 am

WVUCelticFan wrote:I'm visiting W&M on Thursday and getting to Lexington by midday that Friday. Don't recall anything being planned for Friday evening, so if any of the TLSers want to meet up, we should plan something. I assume we will all be in the same hotel as well.
Sounds good, my flight gets in around 4. For some reason I remember the schedule from last year including some sort of informal coffee thing on Friday night.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brooksrun

New

Post by brooksrun » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:36 am

govorett wrote:
WVUCelticFan wrote:I'm visiting W&M on Thursday and getting to Lexington by midday that Friday. Don't recall anything being planned for Friday evening, so if any of the TLSers want to meet up, we should plan something. I assume we will all be in the same hotel as well.
Sounds good, my flight gets in around 4. For some reason I remember the schedule from last year including some sort of informal coffee thing on Friday night.
I'll be at the March one :( But I think you're right about a coffee thing Friday...didn't look like it was anything that lasted too long though

stewie27

Bronze

Post by stewie27 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:45 am

I'll be there. Driving down from D.C. Not sure when I'll be leaving/arriving

kch3684

Bronze

Post by kch3684 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:39 pm

brooksrun wrote:
govorett wrote:
I'll be at the March one :( But I think you're right about a coffee thing Friday...didn't look like it was anything that lasted too long though
March for me as well...

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:41 pm

march for me as well....see you all there!!!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kchuck

Bronze

Post by Kchuck » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:11 am

Tagging myself in this thread. I'll be at the February open house, anyone know of any good things to check out in Lexington? I've heard it's really small...

weejonbu

Bronze

Post by weejonbu » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:00 am

I'll be at the February open house... how will we organize the get-together? It would be super weird to be like, "So who here is from TLS?" and you get no response? ummm, awkward :oops:

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:03 am

weejonbu wrote:I'll be at the February open house... how will we organize the get-together? It would be super weird to be like, "So who here is from TLS?" and you get no response? ummm, awkward :oops:
I'll be in Lexington by 3-4 PM....The coffee things is on Friday evening, so I say we arrange for the TLS people to meet in it (not sure how) or right after out front. If we are all in the same hotel (I assume we are) we can get drinks and talk there or all meet up at the bar that was recommended to me (Macado's)

weejonbu

Bronze

Post by weejonbu » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:04 am

Sounds good to me... look you say, I'm sure we're all in the same hotel... but not sure how we will identify TLSers... secret handshake?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Ill be there! driving from DC as well. Excited to meet y'all, but I'll get there just in time for the coffee thing. Drinks after and we can meet in the lobby?

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:06 am

I may just say TLS and see if I get a response. lol. Just kidding (sort of).

weejonbu

Bronze

Post by weejonbu » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:08 am

Hey go for it... stand up on a chair in the lobby: "Is anyone here part of an online forum called Top-Law-Schools?!!!"

lol... WAIT.. I have a password idea: "ED TO UVA" yes?

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:09 am

BlakcMajikc wrote:Ill be there! driving from DC as well. Excited to meet y'all, but I'll get there just in time for the coffee thing. Drinks after and we can meet in the lobby?
If we get can get a nice response before hand, it should be easy to set a rendezvous in the lobby 30 minutes or so after the coffee hour or at a set time.

PS. I like the idea that we all have seizures involving us yelling ÉD TO UVA' in the middle of the coffee hour.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

weejonbu

Bronze

Post by weejonbu » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:11 am

WVUCelticFan wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:Ill be there! driving from DC as well. Excited to meet y'all, but I'll get there just in time for the coffee thing. Drinks after and we can meet in the lobby?
If we get can get a nice response before hand, it should be easy to set a rendezvous in the lobby 30 minutes or so after the coffee hour or at a set time.

PS. I like the idea that we all have seizures involving us yelling ÉD TO UVA' in the middle of the coffee hour.
Lol... seriously though, I would immediately guess it was someone from TLS if I heard "ED to UVA"

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:14 am

I literally laughed out loud just now...
WVUCelticFan wrote: PS. I like the idea that we all have seizures involving us yelling ÉD TO UVA' in the middle of the coffee hour.

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:17 am

BlakcMajikc wrote:I literally laughed out loud just now...
WVUCelticFan wrote: PS. I like the idea that we all have seizures involving us yelling ÉD TO UVA' in the middle of the coffee hour.
Glad you enjoyed it. In all serious though, it should be pretty easy to set something up. Either meet in front of the coffee house before or after, find a way to announce our tls presence during the coffee hour (can someone get drunk and yell?) or meet in the hotel at a set time after.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:19 am

Assuming that people will be coming at different hrs, meeting before the coffee hour is probably out.

After is fine, but we don't know how the shuttles will run.

I'd say lobby after the coffee thing at a set time just from process of elimination?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:21 am

BlakcMajikc wrote:Assuming that people will be coming at different hrs, meeting before the coffee hour is probably out.

I'd say lobby after the coffee thing at a set time just from process of elimination?
Yeah I don;t know the exact timing of the coffee thing, but if someone does, then 30-45 minutes after should be fine. Its Lexington, I doubt we need to spend much time prepping ourselves.

weejonbu

Bronze

Post by weejonbu » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:22 am

WVUCelticFan wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:Assuming that people will be coming at different hrs, meeting before the coffee hour is probably out.

Yeah I don;t know the exact timing of the coffee thing, but if someone does, then 30-45 minutes after should be fine. Its Lexington, I doubt we need to spend much time prepping ourselves.
Works for me. . .

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:41 am

Ends at 9pm. Lobby right after, head out around 9:30ish?

Information Sheet for February 2011 Open House
While the bulk of Open House programming will take place on Saturday, February 19th, there will be an informal coffee reception with faculty and current students on the evening of Friday, February 18th, on the campus of Washington and Lee Universityat the Hotchkiss Alumni House. This event will run from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m., and, as with all other Open House events, shuttle service will be provided from the hotel to the event.

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:44 am

Sounds good to me. We can figure out the details of bar in town or hotel bar or whatever the hell there is to do.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”