Visiting UVA Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
vissidarte27

Bronze

Visiting UVA

Post by vissidarte27 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi folks.

I'll be in C-ville from Feb 14-19 visiting my girlfriend (a fourth year UG) and I was hoping to stop by the law school, maybe sit in on a class or two.

Any recommendations for classes/profs? I can make just about anything work, time wise.

Thanks!
Vissi

duckmoney

Silver

Re: Visiting UVA

Post by duckmoney » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:36 pm

I'll be visiting in February as well. I'm interested.

joeshmo39

Silver

Post by joeshmo39 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:40 pm

UVA has a little ditty they do on Fridays for people considering UVA. usually involves sitting in on a class, a talk with some students, a tour, etc. Get in touch with admissions and see if it's running. It almost always is. People routinely sat in on my civ pro class on Fridays last semester. Pro Tip: Dress like a normal person ie. not a suit and tie.

socraticmethodman

Bronze

Post by socraticmethodman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:41 pm

When I visited, I sat in on a Criminal Law class with Anne Coughlin. I really enjoyed it.

joeshmo39

Silver

Post by joeshmo39 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Coughlin is often a student favorite. I had her for a mock class at ASW and she's very good. That said, there are a lot of really good professors. If you have an idea what days you are in town and what professors you may be able to see feel free to PM me and I'll try to tell you what little I know. There is a UVA 2L thread you can post in to, more people there which can help.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:34 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:Hi folks.

I'll be in C-ville from Feb 14-19 visiting my girlfriend (a fourth year UG) and I was hoping to stop by the law school, maybe sit in on a class or two.

Any recommendations for classes/profs? I can make just about anything work, time wise.

Thanks!
Vissi
aww for v day? that's sweet. i have no advice - just wanted to throw that out there. but i'll be at asw in march!

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:58 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:

Thanks!
Vissi
aww for v day? that's sweet. i have no advice - just wanted to throw that out there. but i'll be at asw in march!
Yeah, for V-day and her birthday, which is a couple of days before.

Any chance ASW happens to coincide with spring break? I'll be in Charlottesville then, too (I think it's March 5-12, but I could be wrong). I'm really excited.

Re: classes -- the website says that they will post a schedule of classes to visit within the next couple of weeks. But classes start next week, right?

Also, would it be better for a 0L to sit in on a 1L class or one of the upper-level classes? Does it matter?

fouronthe4loor

New

Post by fouronthe4loor » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:00 pm

Thanks!
Vissi
Check here in a week or two: http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/about/visit.htm -- that's where admissions will post a schedule of classes you can sit in on.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”