seton hall..thoughts? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
howie

New

seton hall..thoughts?

Post by howie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Hey,

I think Seton Hall is the number one contender for me next fall. They gave me money, and they have programs and/or clinics for all of the fields of law that I am considering in pursuing (immigration, health, family/criminal). I know seton hall is not a exceptional law school, but I have not desire to work 70-90 hrs a week so securing that 'type of job' in that 'type of firm' is not a priority for me at all. That being said, the one thing that is holding me back from Seton Hall is the fact that it is located in NEWARK, although I have never been there I have not heard one thing that would instigate me to go there.

anyways, i would appreciate any commentary regarding this issue, especially from people who have experience or knowledge of SH.

on a side note i am also seriously considering: Drexel/catholic

lovaholic

New

Re: seton hall..thoughts?

Post by lovaholic » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:26 pm

howie wrote:Hey,

I think Seton Hall is the number one contender for me next fall. They gave me money, and they have programs and/or clinics for all of the fields of law that I am considering in pursuing (immigration, health, family/criminal). I know seton hall is not a exceptional law school, but I have not desire to work 70-90 hrs a week so securing that 'type of job' in that 'type of firm' is not a priority for me at all. That being said, the one thing that is holding me back from Seton Hall is the fact that it is located in NEWARK, although I have never been there I have not heard one thing that would instigate me to go there.

anyways, i would appreciate any commentary regarding this issue, especially from people who have experience or knowledge of SH.

on a side note i am also seriously considering: Drexel/catholic
Hey there- I am still waiting to hear from SHU but I do live about 25 minutes from SHU (Clifton, NJ). While I would not want to live in Newark- there are certainly a lot of positive things in Newark if you want to do immigration. I am familiar with the work some Rutgers professors are doing with Latino immigrants and there are a lot of opportunities and ways to get involved. Infrastructure wise-with the new lightrail, NJPac and new buildings at RU and the surrounding schools- there should be a lively atmosphere. (great Portuguese restaurants!)

carlkenneth

Bronze

Re: seton hall..thoughts?

Post by carlkenneth » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:57 pm

I have a few relatives that live in NJ and they said its totally feasible to live in other parts of NJ (Jersey City or Hoboken) while attending Seton Hall. They say the commute is only about 15-20 minutes at most. I'm also strongly considering SHU ...about 75% sure that I'll attend, for all the reasons you mentioned.

Return to “Law School Visits”