American ASD Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
mango26

Bronze

American ASD

Post by mango26 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:27 am

Is anyone going to one of the American admitted student days? I'm assuming they don't provide travel stipends, but does anyone know about that? I think I am going to go to the one at the end of March.

ATOIsp07

Bronze

Re: American ASD

Post by ATOIsp07 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:30 am

I'd be interested in knowing whether or not they reimburse traveling expenses, as well.

texas0813

New

Post by texas0813 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:34 am

I'm going to the April one, but I'm guessing if there was going to be a stipend we'd know by now.

mango26

Bronze

Post by mango26 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:40 am

texas0813 wrote:I'm going to the April one, but I'm guessing if there was going to be a stipend we'd know by now.
ya, that's what i figured.

lstwin

New

Post by lstwin » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:33 am

mango26 wrote:Is anyone going to one of the American admitted student days? I'm assuming they don't provide travel stipends, but does anyone know about that? I think I am going to go to the one at the end of March.
I sent AU an email asking about travel stipends and I never got a response, so I'm guessing it's a no.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lstwin

New

Post by lstwin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:54 pm

Anyone going to the ASD next week?

mango26

Bronze

Post by mango26 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:18 am

lstwin wrote:Anyone going to the ASD next week?
i'm still going, but at this point i'm not very serious about american. i can't afford the crazy tuition and cost of living.

lawschoolbomber

New

Post by lawschoolbomber » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:26 am

I will also be attending the event this upcoming Friday. With regards to the travel expenses, I am almost 100% sure that they don't reimburse any of it.

Langfall

New

Post by Langfall » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:50 am

heya,
How did you guys find the ASD's? What were your takes on the school?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Snowdrifter

New

Post by Snowdrifter » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:01 am

Langfall wrote:heya,
How did you guys find the ASD's? What were your takes on the school?
I'm not real excited about the high tuition and cost of living for AU, but also curious to hear thoughts on the ASD...

tfc7x

New

Post by tfc7x » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:19 am

Hi everyone,

I attended the ASD last week. A few impressions... HUGE on Public Interest, International Law, Clinics, Trial Advocacy Stuff. Nearly every session/panel touched on this. Lacking in the Business Law track, in my opinion. I went the the Bus Law panel discussion and I could not have been more disappointed. Granted, it was at the end of the day, and I was tired... but the panelists did a poor job selling the school and their business law classes. Just not great speakers. Not that charismatic. I kept thinking, "Really? these students/alumni are the best examples of WCL's business law prospects?" It also seemed like both the profressor and students had a bit of a chip on their shoulders b/c of their ranking relative to GW and Georgetown. I wish that hadn't been my last impression of WCL.

The financial aid session was helpful. You could tell the school is focused on helping students manage the ridiculous debt from their high tuition. The professors were all friendly and approachable. The facility wasn't great in my opinion. Dark carpeting, old building, old-looking library. The front desk area is nice though. Just could use an upgrade. I'm wondering where all that tuition money goes.

SO, I'm torn after ASD. I'm either going to AU or George Mason. I'm set on public interest/public defender positions after school. Feel free to weigh in on THAT decision. Might just put down two deposits. We shall see...

Snowdrifter

New

Post by Snowdrifter » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:30 pm

In regards to the facilities, a friend of mine is an AU 2L and said they are planning to renovate and/or add a new building to the complex in the near future, but I can't recall if he mentioned a specific timeline. I guess that's not so helpful. :D

Thanks for your feedback on the ASD! :)

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

To Mr/Ms TFC7x:

If you do not want to go to American please dont hold up a spot by putting down a deposit. You seem to be on the fence and you claim to not be impressed. There are many people that are 100% committed to AU and would love to go. Please consider withdrawing so that a spot can open up for someone that really wants to go.

Thanks! You're the best!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:52 pm

gdane5 wrote:To Mr/Ms TFC7x:

If you do not want to go to American please dont hold up a spot by putting down a deposit. You seem to be on the fence and you claim to not be impressed. There are many people that are 100% committed to AU and would love to go. Please consider withdrawing so that a spot can open up for someone that really wants to go.

Thanks! You're the best!
Lol

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:43 pm

What? Im serious.

But I guess it is funny when you read it. I just didnt want to come off as an ass. Im being genuine. Nevertheless, whatever the person decides is his/her decision.

frecklesmclean0002

New

Post by frecklesmclean0002 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Anyone going this Friday??? I am!!

Captain Jack

New

Post by Captain Jack » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:09 pm

frecklesmclean0002 wrote:Anyone going this Friday??? I am!!
Hey freckles! I will be going this Friday since I'm already going to be in the area for G'town! I'm actually psyched. Here's to it being a good time!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OkieGirl

New

Post by OkieGirl » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:58 pm

I'll be there as well! I am flying in late Thursday night after work. Anyone staying in DC the whole weekend?

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:57 pm

Most likely WCL '13 here-everybody let me know how it goes :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”