UCLA ASD Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
Jericwithers

Gold

Re: UCLA ASD

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:44 am

existenz wrote:
HeadingWest wrote:Anyone in town a little early and want to go for a run or grab drinks tomorrow? If there is anything a beach run in Malibu taught me after flying from the Northeast, it's that seasons can suck it :)
Welcome to L.A.
I'm trying to get to LA right now, but daylights savings is making it very difficult (I have no clue what time it is!).

HeadingWest

New

Post by HeadingWest » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:26 am

existenz wrote:
HeadingWest wrote:Anyone in town a little early and want to go for a run or grab drinks tomorrow? If there is anything a beach run in Malibu taught me after flying from the Northeast, it's that seasons can suck it :)
Welcome to L.A.
Thanks so much! Driving up the PCH was a really awesome experience. If there was ever a time to blast the Fresh Prince theme song, this is it :D

Hope everyone is having a great trip!

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Jericwithers wrote:I'm trying to get to LA right now, but daylights savings is making it very difficult (I have no clue what time it is!).
Are you serious?

empire84

New

Post by empire84 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:51 pm

I'll be at the one in April. Would love to hear how things go tomorrow for any of you planning to attend.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:18 pm

existenz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I'm trying to get to LA right now, but daylights savings is making it very difficult (I have no clue what time it is!).
Are you serious?
3 clocks with 3 different times. It was too early.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:28 pm

I might go the the one in April. I went to the lunch part of it last year with my dad because he is an alum and was volunteering for it. Seemed pretty chill, they have lots of professors there to talk with and the food was good.

turkishangora

Bronze

Post by turkishangora » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:31 pm

tintin wrote:I might go the the one in April. I went to the lunch part of it last year with my dad because he is an alum and was volunteering for it. Seemed pretty chill, they have lots of professors there to talk with and the food was good.
i don't think there's a meal this time :( - the economy?

also, what's the dress code?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:37 pm

turkishangora wrote:
tintin wrote:I might go the the one in April. I went to the lunch part of it last year with my dad because he is an alum and was volunteering for it. Seemed pretty chill, they have lots of professors there to talk with and the food was good.

No meal?!? I object.

turkishangora

Bronze

Post by turkishangora » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
turkishangora wrote:

No meal?!? I object.
i might be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be one on the schedule...and 'refreshments' at 4pm does not sound legit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:50 pm

turkishangora wrote:i might be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be one on the schedule...and 'refreshments' at 4pm does not sound legit.
'Reception with Current Students, Alumni an Faculty at 7:15' sounds like a meal to me. If not then everyone at the ASD should plan to go eat together after the events (and somehow on UCLA's dime).

Also I am a bit too busy/lazy/spending-time-exploring-UCLA to read 8 pages for a mock class. Should I bring a laptop so I can look involved and be able to read the case text in class? lol

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm

turkishangora wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
No meal?!? I object.
i might be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be one on the schedule...and 'refreshments' at 4pm does not sound legit.
sucks. im there around 3pm, so hopefully ill see a bunch of you guys there (even though i wont know who you are) haha

and im not going to prepare for a mock class. i have real classes to contend with during my spring break

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:10 pm

jay115 wrote:
turkishangora wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
No meal?!? I object.
sucks. im there around 3pm, so hopefully ill see a bunch of you guys there (even though i wont know who you are) haha

and im not going to prepare for a mock class. i have real classes to contend with during my spring break
I had a mock class on Friday and it was intense. Law school will probably suck at first lol.

Robboooo

New

Post by Robboooo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:03 pm

I'm going to the ASD tomorrow...what are people wearing to this? The fact that there's a reception makes me think I need to get dressed up somewhat, but I'm also planning on walking around westwood and the law school campus beforehand, which I don't really wanna do in pants and a button down shirt if all that's unnecessary...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

turkishangora

Bronze

Post by turkishangora » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Robboooo wrote:I'm going to the ASD tomorrow...what are people wearing to this? The fact that there's a reception makes me think I need to get dressed up somewhat, but I'm also planning on walking around westwood and the law school campus beforehand, which I don't really wanna do in pants and a button down shirt if all that's unnecessary...
my thoughts exactly. they never said anything about business casual though, so i think i'm just going to show up in jeans.

weee

Bronze

Post by weee » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:54 pm

It's a pretty sweet day for a law school visit, nice and sunny!

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:06 am

Alright JeriC, were you the guy dressed up as Prince William? lol

sandiecohen47

Bronze

Post by sandiecohen47 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:35 am

existenz wrote:Alright JeriC, were you the guy dressed up as Prince William? lol
Someone was dressed like Prince William?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mattalones

Silver

Post by Mattalones » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:41 am

I wasn't invited ... Is that a bad sign? :lol:

weee

Bronze

Post by weee » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:01 am

Glad they had food!

Thought the Mock Class prof. was pretty cool and my group question section leader was very helpful with my questions during the meet the faculty/alumni/students session so overall it was a good experience.

I may attend the next one as well since it is no big deal for me to head down.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:13 am

sandiecohen47 wrote:
existenz wrote:Alright JeriC, were you the guy dressed up as Prince William? lol
There was one guy looked like old money, suit and tie, stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the folks with jeans and button-ups. Half-expected him to have an English accent.

sandiecohen47

Bronze

Post by sandiecohen47 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:16 am

existenz wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:
There was one guy looked like old money, black suit and tie, stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the folks with jeans and button-ups. Half-expected him to have an English accent.
Ha! I think I saw 2 guys who fit that bill. It really was great time. Bed time because I'm exhausted due to time change and travel time.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:19 am

Yeah, Prof. Kang was cool, the food was good, you can't beat free booze, and the 2Ls and professors I spoke with were very forthcoming and helpful.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:32 am

Am I that predictable?

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:37 am

Jericwithers wrote:
Am I that predictable?
I just knew you'd make your presence known somehow.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:41 pm

existenz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
Am I that predictable?
I just knew you'd make your presence known somehow.

Lol no I am really low key actually. I doubt we even met.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”