Resume Review Request Forum

(Discuss resume building techniques, LinkedIn profile suggestions, cover letters)
Anonymous User

Resume Review Request

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:23 pm

3L here. Would anyone be willing to look over my resume and give me any feedback? I am always working on my resume and am always looking for ways I can improve it. Thank you!

tlssdenverco

New

Re: Resume Review Request

Post by tlssdenverco » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:45 pm

As legal staffing, I would suggest you highlight your greatest achievement, whether from your educational background or from your previous job. there is nothing more attractive than getting the best character achievement in you.

HugoPaine

New

Post by HugoPaine » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:21 am

Hi, I generally have some experience and skills in this, I could help you, but you did not leave your material.. :?:

holtz&bernard

New

Post by holtz&bernard » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:16 am

I realize this is an old question but being that it comes up often I figured I'd share some general advise.

#1. Optimize your resume so it is relevant to job you are applying to. For example, if you currently work on a variety of cases such as first party property, construction lit., product liability, premises liability, etc. but the position you're applying to is primarily first party property, then make a point to elaborate on that experience more than others.

#2. Ditch the objective and replace it with your title and main practice area as it relates to the job you're applying for. The average recruiter spends 7 seconds per resume. Let them know they may have found who they've been looking for by grabbing their attention with a big, bold title. Objectives are out dated and ignored.

#3. Grammar is HUGE. Writing skills are one of the most important qualities law firms look for in an attorney. If you have grammatical errors this will be a huge red flag.

#4. Use bullet points rather than paragraphs. Bullet points are much easier to read.

I wrote a blog post on this that goes a little deeper (I hope I'm not breaking any rules by sharing, if so please let me know): https://www.holtzandbernard.com/blog/5- ... -stand-out

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Resume Tips”