be prepared to reason through a legal issue? Forum

(Discuss interview tips, possible interview questions, dress code, pre/follow up procedures, interview timelines)
Anonymous User

be prepared to reason through a legal issue?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:06 pm

I was just notified by an employer to "Be prepared to reason through a legal issue" in an interview I have upcoming. Does anyone have any experience of what that could even mean? Im a rising 2L if that helps. I genuinely know nothing, and I am v nervous. pls help

Anonymous User

Re: be prepared to reason through a legal issue?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:06 pm
I was just notified by an employer to "Be prepared to reason through a legal issue" in an interview I have upcoming. Does anyone have any experience of what that could even mean? Im a rising 2L if that helps. I genuinely know nothing, and I am v nervous. pls help
Usually, if they ask about your 1L summer position, they'll probably ask about what you worked on. Just give a quick brief: lay down key facts, the key issue, and how you dealt with it/how you reasoned your conclusion.

They want to test how well you can communicate legal concepts to other attorneys and clients. Talk them through it like a cold call almost; it doesn't have to be too detailed. They just want to know you know your law and won't bumble like an idiot when you communicate it.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Interview Tips”