Chances of Lateraling Forum

(Deciding to leave, same firm different office, Reference requests)
nickemory75

New

Chances of Lateraling

Post by nickemory75 » Sat May 13, 2023 4:34 pm

I went to CLS and graduated with a GPA just over 3.7. I also took all of the tax courses there: (Fed Income Tax, Corporate Tax, Partnership Tax, International Tax, Taxation of Financial Instruments) and I got As in all of those courses.

I have worked at a V10 for a year, but am looking to lateral into a different V10 firm (like Cravath, Wachtell, etc.) What are my chances and how do I go about doing this? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

TIMMYYYYYYY

New

Re: Chances of Lateraling

Post by TIMMYYYYYYY » Mon May 22, 2023 1:34 pm

Pretty good odds in tax right now. Tax practices have remained strong for most firms so the lateral market is slightly different than in other slower areas. If you know someone at one of those firms you mentioned you should reach out to them about hiring needs. Find a good legal recruiter that can help you. PM me if you want some suggestions on that front. Good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 22, 2023 7:34 pm

TIMMYYYYYYY wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 1:34 pm
Pretty good odds in tax right now. Tax practices have remained strong for most firms so the lateral market is slightly different than in other slower areas. If you know someone at one of those firms you mentioned you should reach out to them about hiring needs. Find a good legal recruiter that can help you. PM me if you want some suggestions on that front. Good luck!
Interesting, and thanks for responding! Would you mind messaging me? My account is not old enough to privately message people.

TIMMYYYYYYY

New

Post by TIMMYYYYYYY » Tue May 23, 2023 12:44 pm

It says your account was created in 2009. My guess is a counsel/junior partner hardo self-appointed TLS moderator. . . how about you send me a message? You have like 60k posts :shock:

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue May 23, 2023 1:22 pm

TIMMYYYYYYY wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 12:44 pm
It says your account was created in 2009. My guess is a counsel/junior partner hardo self-appointed TLS moderator. . . how about you send me a message? You have like 60k posts :shock:
That's the "Anonymous User" account information. All anon posts are tied to that account, and only mods can see/out the user account behind any anon post.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nickemory75

New

Post by nickemory75 » Wed May 24, 2023 12:46 pm

Hey Timmy, I got your message, but it seems like I cannot respond to that either because my account is so new. Can you email me at "nickemory75@gmail.com"? Or, I can email you. Sorry about the hassle!!

Arrowsmith

New

Post by Arrowsmith » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:50 am

Hello - if you’re still looking for a role I can help. K&E and a few others are hiring pretty aggressively. Message me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Lateral Moves”