Advice: Accept Lateral Offer or Hold for More Interviews Forum

(Deciding to leave, same firm different office, Reference requests)
Anonymous User

Advice: Accept Lateral Offer or Hold for More Interviews

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 07, 2021 4:03 pm

I have been given a lateral offer and am very interested in the firm that has offered me. However, I would like to finish interviewing at the other firms with interest before making a decision, to truly have a source of comparison. The problem is that I have a short window in which to accept, and won't be able to finish interviewing elsewhere before accepting. My biggest issue is that I would like this to be my first and last time lateraling, so I am really trying to put myself in the best position to fully vet all options before accepting.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Any general advice? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Advice: Accept Lateral Offer or Hold for More Interviews

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:05 pm

Similar question - I've recently accepted a lateral offer that would begin in a few months (moving and need to take a new state's bar exam). I was just contacted about an interview for a position that I applied for before accepting the first offer and (I think) would prefer to the one that I accepted. Is it crazy to go forward with the interview? What are the potential consequences? Do people do this frequently or is it sort of taboo (such that it might come back to bite me)?

(For what it's worth, the offer I accepted is with a very small boutique-ish firm and the potential interview is a government position.)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Lateral Moves”