Lateral to Fenwick for Lit? Forum

(Deciding to leave, same firm different office, Reference requests)
Bobby Darin

New

Lateral to Fenwick for Lit?

Post by Bobby Darin » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:19 am

Mid-level litigation associate in a major market at an international firm with a recognized litigation practice. Very busy and in good standing. Moving to a secondary market for personal reasons. Looking to remain on Cravath scale. Fenwick is a possibility. Data privacy, securities, and class actions generally are in my wheelhouse, but I know very little about Fenwick’s reputation in lit. I welcome the idea of working in a smaller office and having even more responsibilities and visibility, but is this ultimately a bad career move? Is there a risk of work drying up? I noticed that Fenwick’s securities litigation practice founders and leaders jumped to Wilmer in September 2020.

I may be paranoid at this point but I wanted get people’s general thoughts. I can tell you the secondary market city if that would be relevant to your assessment.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Lateral to Fenwick for Lit?

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:42 am

Of course, the identity of the secondary market city would be important in order to offer meaningful advice in your situation.

anonymous7777

New

Re: Lateral to Fenwick for Lit?

Post by anonymous7777 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:45 am

Bobby Darin wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:19 am
Mid-level litigation associate in a major market at an international firm with a recognized litigation practice. Very busy and in good standing. Moving to a secondary market for personal reasons. Looking to remain on Cravath scale. Fenwick is a possibility. Data privacy, securities, and class actions generally are in my wheelhouse, but I know very little about Fenwick’s reputation in lit. I welcome the idea of working in a smaller office and having even more responsibilities and visibility, but is this ultimately a bad career move? Is there a risk of work drying up? I noticed that Fenwick’s securities litigation practice founders and leaders jumped to Wilmer in September 2020.

I may be paranoid at this point but I wanted get people’s general thoughts. I can tell you the secondary market city if that would be relevant to your assessment.
What did you end up doing? I also am considering lateraling to Fenwick from a top 5 global firm for lit/data privacy.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Lateral Moves”