Need advice! Using co-counsel is "in" to law firm Forum

(Deciding to leave, same firm different office, Reference requests)
Anonymous User

Need advice! Using co-counsel is "in" to law firm

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:27 pm

I am looking to relocate to another state. About a month ago, I applied at a large firm in that state. The firm is comparable to my current firm in size and ranking. Shortly after I applied, my current firm became co-counsel with that other firm, and I have been working on a case with a Partner and Of Counsel of the practice group of which the position was posted. We have a good working relationship, and our personalities mesh well. I have not heard anything on the job, but it is still available on the firm's website. Would it be inappropriate to talk to the attorneys I have been working with about this position? Thanks in advance!

FND

Bronze

Re: Need advice! Using co-counsel is "in" to law firm

Post by FND » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am looking to relocate to another state. About a month ago, I applied at a large firm in that state. The firm is comparable to my current firm in size and ranking. Shortly after I applied, my current firm became co-counsel with that other firm, and I have been working on a case with a Partner and Of Counsel of the practice group of which the position was posted. We have a good working relationship, and our personalities mesh well. I have not heard anything on the job, but it is still available on the firm's website. Would it be inappropriate to talk to the attorneys I have been working with about this position? Thanks in advance!
If the partner likes you and is willing to go to bat for you, it's a huge plus.
On the other hand, if the partner likes your partner more, he/she could tip off that you're looking to leave. Yes, it's a total dick move, but there are some total dicks out there

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Lateral Moves”