Re: long waiting time after first interview Forum

(Deciding to leave, same firm different office, Reference requests)
sl2228

New

Re: long wait time after first interview

Post by sl2228 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:11 am

this is for a lateral move, I had an interview with the partner who's hiring three weeks ago, the interview went well. The partner told my recruiter that he will gather his thoughts and come back with potential next steps to the recruiter. Never heard back since then, my recruiter has been diligently following up with the partner but could not get hold of him as the partner was very busy and on business trip outside the country.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced a long waiting time in between interviews? my thought is that if the partner wanted to reject me he would have done so shortly after the interview and not waited this long. Also thinking about a nice way to follow up but not trying to "annoy" the partner.

Any thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: long wait time after first interview

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:53 pm

Had a similar situation. Ultimately the partner was ghosting me, and the recruiter was pretty unhappy about it, considering they had a good relationship with the firm. But the firm had hired someone two days after my interview, so they had plenty of time to reject me before the recruiter banged down the door enough.

That being said, it could be absolutely nothing, and they may in fact be quite busy.

objctnyrhnr

Re: long waiting time after first interview

Post by objctnyrhnr » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:16 am

In my lateral search, I found myself waiting excruciatingly long periods of time before I heard a peep. Sometimes I received good news at the end of those waiting periods (eg subsequent interview invite or offer), and sometimes I heard bad news after those periods.

Try to stay cool; maybe it’ll work out and maybe it won’t. Keep job searching, and don’t get hung up on one position.

nealric

Re: long waiting time after first interview

Post by nealric » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:45 pm

You just never know what's going on behind the scenes. I once waited 4 months between a callback interview and offer- the firm was monitoring its business to see if it really needed an additional body. I also once had an offer delayed by a month because the hiring manager literally had a heart attack.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Lateral Moves”