Anyone hear from Florida International University? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gdane

Diamond

Re: Anyone hear from Florida International University?

Post by gdane » Mon May 10, 2010 11:56 pm

The problem with FIU is that that the alumni base is a worthless bunch. We have over 100k alumni, yet our alumni contributions are amongst the worst in the nation. Ill try to find the report that says this. Our last President, Madique, did absolutely nothing to bring back the alumni and now its showing. You cant have a law school, medical school and an UG institution with over 35,000 students with no funding.

It seems as if though our new President, Rosenberg, wants to make more of an effort to attract alumni and their contributions. He gave a great speech during my December 2009 commencement and I receive about 2 emails a week from the FIU Alumni Association.

Point is that yes FIU has to step up its game. For far too long the mantra was "let everybody in, let them get their diploma and then kick them out the door". I'm hoping that in the next decade our UG institution is more recognized, our law school is in the top 100 and our sports teams, particularly football, are successful. Too many FIU alumni support the school in Coral Gables...

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Tue May 11, 2010 12:21 am

rbgrocio wrote:154/3.56 went to FIU undergrad.
Ur totally getting in.[/quote]
concur.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue May 11, 2010 12:35 am

Hey rbgrocio, I thought u were a guy! :)

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Tue May 11, 2010 7:00 am

A'nold wrote:Hey rbgrocio, I thought u were a guy! :)

lol.... Nope!!!!

x3jessica3x

New

Post by x3jessica3x » Thu May 13, 2010 3:16 pm

did anyone's status change to decision rendered in mail yesterday? also did anyone who got in get that or did it say congratulations? other places i have gotten into have said congratulations to me..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

x3jessica3x

New

Post by x3jessica3x » Thu May 13, 2010 3:18 pm

I have a feeling its going to be a no because I didn't get informed of the bbq =( and when I emailed the other day no response

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Thu May 13, 2010 3:30 pm

Jessica, I say go into the law building and meet with someone directly. Get your decision.

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Thu May 13, 2010 3:39 pm

x3jessica3x wrote:I have a feeling its going to be a no because I didn't get informed of the bbq =( and when I emailed the other day no response

good luck to you!

x3jessica3x

New

Post by x3jessica3x » Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 pm

gdane5 wrote:Jessica, I say go into the law building and meet with someone directly. Get your decision.
The decision is already in the mail so i am stuck now =/just wanted to know if anyone else who got ins status changed to DLIT or if it said congratulations when they got in..

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Fri May 14, 2010 7:23 am

x3jessica3x wrote:
gdane5 wrote:Jessica, I say go into the law building and meet with someone directly. Get your decision.
The decision is already in the mail so i am stuck now =/just wanted to know if anyone else who got ins status changed to DLIT or if it said congratulations when they got in..

If the decision is in the mail you should get it today. If by 3:00 p.m. you have not gotten it, I say call Alma Miro and ask whether you have been admitted because you would like to go to the event tomorrow.

x3jessica3x

New

Post by x3jessica3x » Fri May 14, 2010 2:39 pm

rbgrocio wrote:
x3jessica3x wrote:

If the decision is in the mail you should get it today. If by 3:00 p.m. you have not gotten it, I say call Alma Miro and ask whether you have been admitted because you would like to go to the event tomorrow.

Got the mail but nothing from FIU. Guess I am going to have to call. Did you get admitted? And if so did your online status tell you that you did or did you have to wait for the mail? Thanks

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Fri May 14, 2010 2:42 pm

x3jessica3x wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:
x3jessica3x wrote:

Got the mail but nothing from FIU. Guess I am going to have to call. Did you get admitted? And if so did your online status tell you that you did or did you have to wait for the mail? Thanks

I'm a 2L at the college of law. I was told my decision over the phone, but I have heard they don't do that anymore.

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Sat May 15, 2010 9:15 pm

x3jessica3x wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:
x3jessica3x wrote:

any news?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

x3jessica3x

New

Post by x3jessica3x » Sat May 22, 2010 1:54 pm

nope got waitlisted, =/ anyone else here on the wait list or has gotten off the waitlist?

drwho97

New

Post by drwho97 » Sat May 22, 2010 4:09 pm

what does the letter say when you get in? what does it say you have to do? i check my application status online and said letter is in the mail? is that good or bad?

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sun May 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Sorry to hear that Jessica Rabbit. Keep your head up, you might get off the list.

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Mon May 24, 2010 1:35 am

noticed the orientation packets that were going to be release mid June will no be released mid July...not that it matters, but I'm really excited, and am curious to know.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Mon May 24, 2010 8:34 am

lawschoolgiant wrote:noticed the orientation packets that were going to be release mid June will no be released mid July...not that it matters, but I'm really excited, and am curious to know.
It will be 200 pages worth of reading, and it will say the books you need to buy and the section you are in. It will have an schedule of the activities for the week, and that's about it. Orientation is much less exciting than they make it seem. lol

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Mon May 24, 2010 9:44 am

rbgrocio wrote:
lawschoolgiant wrote:noticed the orientation packets that were going to be release mid June will no be released mid July...not that it matters, but I'm really excited, and am curious to know.
It will be 200 pages worth of reading, and it will say the books you need to buy and the section you are in. It will have an schedule of the activities for the week, and that's about it. Orientation is much less exciting than they make it seem. lol

lol I bet you were excited though before you got it.

drwho97

New

Post by drwho97 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:19 am

If you got accepted for this class how do they go about informing you? do they just inform you via snail mail? email? phone call? etc

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Mon May 24, 2010 11:42 am

lawschoolgiant wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:

lol I bet you were excited though before you got it.

lol not really! but I'm just like that! I decided to go to law school just a year before. It was not a life-long plan! Plus I had just gotten married and come home from a week in paradise. Law school was the last thing in my mind.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lawof_theLand

New

Post by Lawof_theLand » Mon May 24, 2010 8:40 pm

drwho97 wrote:If you got accepted for this class how do they go about informing you? do they just inform you via snail mail? email? phone call? etc
Mine was snail mail. Letter from Admissions, a letter from the dean of the LS, and a letter from Financial Aid all came in on the same day.

x3jessica3x

New

Post by x3jessica3x » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:07 pm

gdane5 wrote:Sorry to hear that Jessica Rabbit. Keep your head up, you might get off the list.
Thanks! I am still hoping and waiting. I wonder if there has been any movement yet. I haven't heard a thing. Do they tell you anything only if you get in or will they notify you if they aren't? I am super stressed about this my cycle sucked =/ oh well congrats to everyone who got in I hopeeeee to see you in the fall!

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:02 pm

x3jessica3x wrote:
gdane5 wrote:Sorry to hear that Jessica Rabbit. Keep your head up, you might get off the list.
Thanks! I am still hoping and waiting. I wonder if there has been any movement yet. I haven't heard a thing. Do they tell you anything only if you get in or will they notify you if they aren't? I am super stressed about this my cycle sucked =/ oh well congrats to everyone who got in I hopeeeee to see you in the fall!

I hope you get in, but if you don't where are you going?

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:54 pm

x3jessica3x wrote:
last year, they were pulling people off the wait list up until the day before orientation.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”