Waiting for LSAT svs. waiting for decisions: which is worse? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ClemCarter

Bronze

Re: Waiting for LSAT svs. waiting for decisions: which is worse?

Post by ClemCarter » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:22 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
Only if we can roleplay Aragorn and Arwen after. I'll bring my sword, if you catch my drift...

Last time it took me four days to finally unstick the prosthetics that made my ears pointy and I had to withstand endless mockery from my coworkers.

Can we do Tom Bombadil and Goldberry instead?

PS: still nerds.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:22 pm

Remember the day or two that LSAT scores might have arrived and how anxious you were? Now imagine 6+ months of that and you've got an idea of what waiting for decisions is like.

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
Only if we can roleplay Aragorn and Arwen after. I'll bring my sword, if you catch my drift...

Last time it took me four days to finally unstick the prosthetics that made my ears pointy and I had to withstand endless mockery from my coworkers.

Done and done. Tom is the best character in the Tolkien universe

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Remember the day or two that LSAT scores might have arrived and how anxious you were? Now imagine 6+ months of that and you've got an idea of what waiting for decisions is like.
This.

I think someone needs to do a study of how many 0Ls become alcoholics while waiting on decisions. :|

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:

Done and done. Tom is the best character in the Tolkien universe
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Does that make me cool?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ClemCarter

Bronze

Post by ClemCarter » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:26 pm

Helmholtz wrote:

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Does that make me cool?

Unfortch, you are still in here wringing your hands with everybody else. Ergo, nerd.

ViP

Bronze

Post by ViP » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Upon receiving your LSAT score, you suddenly have a rough idea of where you stand for each school you're applying to (in the ballpark, no chance, great chance, whatever).

But what determines exactly where you stand?

Oh yeah... There was that one test...

EDIT: Plus, I just want to say that obviously, as evidenced by this thread, there is no right or wrong answer to this question... Clearly a personal thing...

Split5

Bronze

Post by Split5 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:34 pm

This is like being asked if it's worse to be shot with a water gun or an AK47.

xcountryjunkie

Bronze

Post by xcountryjunkie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:35 pm

Waiting on decisions is definitely worse. With the LSAT, I was in control. If I wanted to do well, I had all the right answers in front of me, so I just had to fill in the correct bubble 101 times. With decisions, even with a good GPA and LSAT, it is completely beyond my control. I'm sure that I'll get rejected at places that some of my number twins will get accepted at.

Basically, I knew I did alright on the LSAT, but with decisions (even aided by LSN and LSP), I just have no idea how it will turn out. Although, part of the problem could be that I didn't apply to any safeties...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

beamsmehome

New

Post by beamsmehome » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:46 pm

Last edited by beamsmehome on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Decisions. Unless you get into your ED choice, the application cycle is a much longer process.

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Kakarot wrote:Decisions are much worse. With the LSAT you could tell family and friends when you will get your score then it is done, with acceptances they just ask and ask and ask and it is never done.

So you tell them you got into a school, they say great and ask about the others. Then your mind rehashes the others and what you could have done wrong. It is a never ending depressing cycle. Then family and friends pick up on the self-doubt and try to make you feel better when you were never really sad. Then you get into schools in the T14 that you don't want to go to. Then family is like yey you can go there. Responding with, I don't want to go there. Then family and friends, why did you apply?

It is a horrible horrible cycle.
OMG! you poor thing! You must be so full of anxiety knowing that although you got into multiple T14, you're not yet into the ones you want to go to.

Be a brave chap and soldier on, I'm sure you'll make it through somehow.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:57 pm

You can't get waitlisted on your LSAT.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:58 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:
Kakarot wrote:Decisions are much worse. With the LSAT you could tell family and friends when you will get your score then it is done, with acceptances they just ask and ask and ask and it is never done.

So you tell them you got into a school, they say great and ask about the others. Then your mind rehashes the others and what you could have done wrong. It is a never ending depressing cycle. Then family and friends pick up on the self-doubt and try to make you feel better when you were never really sad. Then you get into schools in the T14 that you don't want to go to. Then family is like yey you can go there. Responding with, I don't want to go there. Then family and friends, why did you apply?

It is a horrible horrible cycle.
OMG! you poor thing! You must be so full of anxiety knowing that although you got into multiple T14, you're not yet into the ones you want to go to.

Be a brave chap and soldier on, I'm sure you'll make it through somehow.
Sarcastic kitteh iz sarcastic

roxj

Bronze

Post by roxj » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:05 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Remember the day or two that LSAT scores might have arrived and how anxious you were? Now imagine 6+ months of that and you've got an idea of what waiting for decisions is like.
I agree with this. Although I was completely impatient to get my score from the minute finished the test. My point is, the anxiety feels roughly similar to me, but it was three weeks of anxiety as opposed to months and months of it.

Acedeuce

New

Post by Acedeuce » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:07 pm

For me, LSAT. It was more of a buildup cause you know exactly(roughly) when it will happen so there was that extra tension of waiting for that day. With decisions it hasn't been bad because I just told myself ok, apps are done, I'll hear back in January. Hearing back quickly has probably skewed my answer, but I'm still not worried about it because I KNOW I'll get in to some great schools, whereas the LSAT, you just never know what'll happen.

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:11 pm

DECISIONS.

They dont have to get back to you on a timely basis, at least with the LSAT they can only wait so long to tell you your score.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Kong456

New

Post by Kong456 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:14 pm

For me, waiting for the LSAT was much worse. That may have something to do with the fact that I got my first acceptance withing three days of submitting. :)

acdisagod

Bronze

Post by acdisagod » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Maybe decisions are less nerveracking for me because I scored much better ont he LSAT than my PT average. I dind't think I would stand a chance at schools like NYU and UVA so the fact that they might reject me now isn't too bad.

lemonpie

New

Post by lemonpie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Kong456 wrote:For me, waiting for the LSAT was much worse. That may have something to do with the fact that I got my first acceptance withing three days of submitting. :)

Seriously? Which school was it?

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:27 pm

If you prepped extensively for the LSAT then decisions are significantly worse. I knew my LSAT within 3 points due to the fact that I literally scored within a 3 point range every time I took a PT for the month leading up the exam. I could see if you are a nervous test taker who chokes under pressure how it could be worse for the LSAT but that is about it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Decisions, by far. At least with the LSAT, if you ended up doing poorly, it was just the one thing of bad news, and you can always retake. But each and every rejection and wait list I get... well, my self esteem has never been lower.

MF248

Bronze

Post by MF248 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:09 pm

Decisions: I knew I was good at the LSAT but I don't know if I'm good at applying to law school. Also, there was a firm date for when I'd hear back about my LSAT.

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:12 pm

LSAT waiting involved circling a date on the calender and just sitting back until then.

Decisions involve routinely checking status checkers and surfering through TLS to see if anyone else has heard anything, and if so asking when they applied and went complete, and what their numbers were, and then freaking out that you haven't heard anything, then going back to check those status checkers . . .

It says something about this phase of the process if it makes LSAT waiting seem good by comparison.

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:3 weeks ago I would have said LSAT score. Now, not so much.
+1

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”