In at Yale! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CardinalRules

Gold

Re: In at Yale!

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:16 pm

GeePee wrote:Everyone accepted so far has had an Ivy undergrad. Starting to worry about pedigree as a very significant factor at Yale...
+a lot. That said, would you want to be at a place so saturated with elitist notions? I wouldn't.

zsqlywm

New

Post by zsqlywm » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:26 pm

i was accepted today! and i'm definitely not from an ivy undergrad.... i'm an international applicant from canada.... median LSAT and 4.0 gpa

good luck to everyone!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:32 pm

zsqlywm wrote:i was accepted today! and i'm definitely not from an ivy undergrad.... i'm an international applicant from canada.... median LSAT and 4.0 gpa

good luck to everyone!
Thanks for the reassuring news and many congrats!!! :D

dueprocess14

Bronze

Post by dueprocess14 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:40 pm

zsqlywm wrote:i was accepted today! and i'm definitely not from an ivy undergrad.... i'm an international applicant from canada.... median LSAT and 4.0 gpa

good luck to everyone!
Congrats!
managamy wrote:
GeePee wrote:Everyone accepted so far has had an Ivy undergrad. Starting to worry about pedigree as a very significant factor at Yale...
+a lot. That said, would you want to be at a place so saturated with elitist notions? I wouldn't.
Don't you/didn't you go to Stanford? If so, then by your measure you're already saturated with elitist notions. If one non-Ivy kid goes to YLS, there's less saturation. ;) FWIW, I do think YLS tends to be more elite undergrad heavy than average, but I don't think that elitists only go to Ivy schools, nor are all Ivy kids elitists.

Lysis

Bronze

Post by Lysis » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Congrats to everyone in so far!! :D

I'm still procrastinating on sending my app...if anyone feels like sharing the format they used to answer the extra questions via PM, I'd appreciate it. I know it probably doesn't matter much, but I'm having trouble satisfying myself with the way I have it laid out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:43 pm

zabagabe wrote:

good luck to everyone!
Congrats!
managamy wrote:
Don't you/didn't you go to Stanford? If so, then by your measure you're already saturated with elitist notions. If one non-Ivy kid goes to YLS, there's less saturation. ;) FWIW, I do think YLS tends to be more elite undergrad heavy than average, but I don't think that elitists only go to Ivy schools, nor are all Ivy kids elitists.
I feel that Stanford and other California schools are much less elitist than the Ivies, having known several people from them. But it's just my personal experience.

superserial

Bronze

Post by superserial » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:53 pm

managamy wrote:
better rethink law school then!

and saying you wouldn't want to be at Yale is just a blatant lie.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:55 pm

superserial wrote:
managamy wrote:
better rethink law school then!

and saying you wouldn't want to be at Yale is just a blatant lie.
No, it's not. My JR2 made YLS irrelevant.

superserial

Bronze

Post by superserial » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:56 pm

managamy wrote:
No, it's not. My JR2 made YLS irrelevant.
:roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

marbletop

New

Post by marbletop » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Woo, congrats zsqlywm and caved!

Lysis: PM on the way.

dueprocess14

Bronze

Post by dueprocess14 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:02 pm

managamy wrote: I feel that Stanford and other California schools are much less elitist than the Ivies, having known several people from them. But it's just my personal experience.
You must have gone to a different Stanford than the one I went to. ;) In my experience, people with elitist "I'm better than you" attitudes are diversely represented at all institutions.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:03 pm

zabagabe wrote:
managamy wrote: I feel that Stanford and other California schools are much less elitist than the Ivies, having known several people from them. But it's just my personal experience.
You must have gone to a different Stanford than the one I went to. ;) In my experience, people with elitist "I'm better than you" attitudes are diversely represented at all institutions.
This. I went to one of the hippiest liberal arts schools out there, and we had plenty of elitist bullshit flowing through our grounds.

duodora

Bronze

Post by duodora » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:28 pm

I'm shocked too--but I'm joining this thread as well! Just got a call today! I know I sounded like a blathering idiot (WOW OMG WOW OMG THANK YOU OMG WOW), but I suppose he gets that a lot!

As for the discussion about undergraduate schools--my school is T30 or so, but not Ivy league!

Basic Info (if anyone is wanting to know)

LSAT + GPA: Both >75% (PM if you want to know details)
Still in undergrad
Solid but not exceptional softs (again, PM if you want to know specifics)

Can't wait to get packet in the mail (I was really impressed, they offered to ship my packet home instead of school--I'm psyched!)

Congrats everyone :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dueprocess14

Bronze

Post by dueprocess14 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:31 pm

duodora wrote:I'm shocked too--but I'm joining this thread as well! Just got a call today! I know I sounded like a blathering idiot (WOW OMG WOW OMG THANK YOU OMG WOW), but I suppose he gets that a lot!

As for the discussion about undergraduate schools--my school is T30 or so, but not Ivy league!

Basic Info (if anyone is wanting to know)

LSAT + GPA: Both >75% (PM if you want to know details)
Still in undergrad
Solid but not exceptional softs (again, PM if you want to know specifics)

Can't wait to get packet in the mail (I was really impressed, they offered to ship my packet home instead of school--I'm psyched!)

Congrats everyone :)
Woohoo! Congrats!! Yeah, I was a total moron on the phone, but I think he kind of enjoys it. In what other job do you get to make so many relatively articulate people so happy they're rendered incomprehensible?

rabbit9198

Bronze

Post by rabbit9198 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:34 pm

zabagabe wrote: Woohoo! Congrats!! Yeah, I was a total moron on the phone, but I think he kind of enjoys it. In what other job do you get to make so many relatively articulate people so happy they're rendered incomprehensible?
It would be kind of awesome if Craig audio-taped all the phone calls, and then played the best "outtakes" during Law Revue in the spring...with people's permission, of course... :)

dueprocess14

Bronze

Post by dueprocess14 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:39 pm

rabbit9198 wrote:
zabagabe wrote: Woohoo! Congrats!! Yeah, I was a total moron on the phone, but I think he kind of enjoys it. In what other job do you get to make so many relatively articulate people so happy they're rendered incomprehensible?
It would be kind of awesome if Craig audio-taped all the phone calls, and then played the best "outtakes" during Law Revue in the spring...with people's permission, of course... :)
Oh man, someone should really recommend this - I would totally permit him to share my blubbering. (Asha, are you reading this???)

duodora

Bronze

Post by duodora » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:19 pm

rabbit9198 wrote:
That would be pretty great!

I definitely got the feeling he was amused by my rambling/OMG-ing! But goodness--better that than calling someone up and having them be "Oh. Well, thanks, I guess. Whatever."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cougit

New

Post by cougit » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:04 pm

As of today I am the most shocked person in the world, I can't believe I can join this thread right now! I wasn't even thinking I had a chance at Yale. Congrats everyone!!!!!

catwoman

New

Post by catwoman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:44 pm

marbletop wrote:I got the big box this weekend too--it's a huge glossy binder. Now I've pretty much memorized the website, so there weren't many surprises in there for me, but it was still nice to see. Catwoman, have you gotten the student buddy questionnaire yet?
yup, got it. and congrats to all the new admits! i'm excited to meet you all in april (and i'm sure you won't be elitist snobs :lol: )

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:43 am

Got the phone call today! I need someone to pinch me, seriously.

Congrats everyone!

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:44 am

I just wanted to tell all of you I hate you, seriously.

But congrats from a hater.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

naruhodo

New

Post by naruhodo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:11 am

Congrats to all the new admits! :-)

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:14 am

LSATfromNC wrote:I just wanted to tell all of you I hate you, seriously.

But congrats from a hater.
+1

monkeygirl

New

Post by monkeygirl » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:46 am

Congratulations to everyone who has made it!!

What an awesome way to start the holiday break--good for you!!

KimmyGibbler

New

Post by KimmyGibbler » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:08 am

managamy wrote:
zabagabe wrote:

good luck to everyone!
Congrats!
managamy wrote:
I feel that Stanford and other California schools are much less elitist than the Ivies, having known several people from them. But it's just my personal experience.
You wouldn't know if you were talking to a non-elitist Ivy leaguer because they wouldn't talk about their alma mater unless it came up

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”