In at NYU!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
haroldfordIII

New

Re: In at NYU!!

Post by haroldfordIII » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:15 am

neimanmarxist wrote:that you'd have to call and ask them about. I plan to just spend the $12 to deposit online.
I thought of this as well. Apparently, don't accept Visa. FML!

"The online system accepts American Express, Discover, and MasterCard. Visa may not be used. As a J.D. applicant, remember to choose $600.00."

Series70

New

Post by Series70 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:34 am

Just got notified via email that my appeal has been denied. While I appreciate their speed in getting back to me before the deadline, I'll be withdrawing today. For me, 25k @CLS > 25k @NYU.

Hopefully the rest of you should be getting your final decisions soon. Good luck!

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:38 am

Last edited by neimanmarxist on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:43 am

neimanmarxist wrote:
haroldfordIII wrote:
neimanmarxist wrote:that you'd have to call and ask them about. I plan to just spend the $12 to deposit online.

"The online system accepts American Express, Discover, and MasterCard. Visa may not be used. As a J.D. applicant, remember to choose $600.00."
who the hell doesn't accept visa? I had no idea! FMLToo! Did you call them and find out about the check? This is..... worrisome.
A lot of universities don't accept Visa... there was some dispute with colleges and Visa some time ago. I remember that my undergrad did not accept visa for that reason.

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:44 am

Last edited by neimanmarxist on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

haroldfordIII

New

Post by haroldfordIII » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:52 am

neimanmarxist wrote:
haroldfordIII wrote:

who the hell doesn't accept visa? I had no idea! FMLToo! Did you call them and find out about the check? This is..... worrisome.
Yah. I called. Lines are busy. I may call later.

I did accept the scholly offer online, and the check is in the mail, so I hope that suffices.

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:55 am

Last edited by neimanmarxist on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:22 pm

By phone I was told a decision has been made, late last week. Something is in the mail. If I cannot log into the admissions web site does that mean I am not admitted?

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:27 pm

MURPH wrote:By phone I was told a decision has been made, late last week. Something is in the mail. If I cannot log into the admissions web site does that mean I am not admitted?
Not necessarily. General thinking here is that the admitted students website is updated on Wednesdays, though that hasn't been true over the past few weeks. Don't stress it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MTC87

New

Post by MTC87 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:55 pm

so I'm sitting here with with a 50k offer from NYU (deadline is today, request for extension was denied), a 45k from Chicago (deadline is 5/1), and nothing from CLS.

i'm leaning pretty strongly towards letting the NYU offer go, as CLS is definitely my top choice. i guess i still have the 45k from Chicago as leverage. i get the distinct feeling from talking to others that CLS is gaming applicants by staying silent until after the NYU deadline, which frees them up to lowball us or give us nothing.

am i paranoid and/or making a bad choice here by letting NYU go?

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:56 pm

I'm admitted and I can't log into the admitted students website. I wonder what is going on.

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
MURPH wrote:By phone I was told a decision has been made, late last week. Something is in the mail. If I cannot log into the admissions web site does that mean I am not admitted?
Not necessarily. General thinking here is that the admitted students website is updated on Wednesdays, though that hasn't been true over the past few weeks. Don't stress it.
OK thanks, I probably got waitlisted. That will be waitlist/hold # 9.

runnerman

New

Post by runnerman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:17 pm

--
Last edited by runnerman on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

GordonCole

New

Post by GordonCole » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:20 pm

MTC87 wrote:so I'm sitting here with with a 50k offer from NYU (deadline is today, request for extension was denied), a 45k from Chicago (deadline is 5/1), and nothing from CLS.

i'm leaning pretty strongly towards letting the NYU offer go, as CLS is definitely my top choice. i guess i still have the 45k from Chicago as leverage. i get the distinct feeling from talking to others that CLS is gaming applicants by staying silent until after the NYU deadline, which frees them up to lowball us or give us nothing.

am i paranoid and/or making a bad choice here by letting NYU go?
I had the exact same situation, same size scholarships at NYU and Chicago and a deadline at NYU a week ago. Just FYI, Columbia gave me $0 even after I had sent them my offers from NYU and Chicago. For me it was an easy choice to pick NYU with 50k over Columbia.

runnerman

New

Post by runnerman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Just noticed that my financial aid application, which I submitted on 4/15 a week after getting accepted (and before I even got the BPE), went to 'final review' stage the next day on 4/16.

Wishing everyone the best with their decisions today, and here's hoping that the only reason I went 'under review' so quickly but haven't been notified is that they're waiting to see which of you are giving up your $$ so that I can have some :)

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:27 pm

MURPH wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
Nope, the mail just came. NYU says I am a loser. It was dated 4/7 and it to took 12 days to get to me in Hawaii. Email would have been more efficient.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:36 pm

MURPH wrote:
MURPH wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
Nope, the mail just came. NYU says I am a loser. It was dated 4/7 and it to took 12 days to get to me in Hawaii. Email would have been more efficient.
sorry, murph :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 pm

runnerman wrote:Just noticed that my financial aid application, which I submitted on 4/15 a week after getting accepted (and before I even got the BPE), went to 'final review' stage the next day on 4/16.

Wishing everyone the best with their decisions today, and here's hoping that the only reason I went 'under review' so quickly but haven't been notified is that they're waiting to see which of you are giving up your $$ so that I can have some :)
Same here, I submitted the day after I was able to log into the website and over a week before I got the acceptance letter. I went into final review the next day. I called to see what the turn around time is. They said I'd hear definitely by the end of the month, but that's all they could promise. Still waiting on CLS financial aid too.

nattybro

Bronze

Post by nattybro » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:45 am

What kind of success are people having with requesting deadline extensions for responding to scholarship offers?

What kind of turnaround for them responding to your request?

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:41 am

I'm assuming they don't play sand volleyball in NYC?

nymario

Bronze

Post by nymario » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:42 am

You can play on the Piers of the Hudson, I think there's 3 or 4 courts somewhere south of Chelsea, I forget which pier. I used to go now and then.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:44 am

That's good to know. I was concerned I wouldn't be able to play for 3+ years.

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:55 pm

nattybro wrote:What kind of success are people having with requesting deadline extensions for responding to scholarship offers?
absolutely none. I tried to go around finaid (who are totally unyielding) to admissions and they didn't budge.
nattybro wrote:What kind of turnaround for them responding to your request?
I called and explained about wanting to make me an informed decision. They got me my answer the day of the deadline.

Do keep in mind that you need to accept your award before the end of business hours on the day of your deadline, k? Because if you try and logon at 9 p.m. you will be out of luck and the money will be on the table for other students again. I learned that in one of my many, many phone conversations with admissions & financial aid.

nattybro

Bronze

Post by nattybro » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Wow... that's intense. Thanks for the info. This should be a fun week.

runnerman

New

Post by runnerman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:54 pm

jl2032 wrote:
runnerman wrote:Just noticed that my financial aid application, which I submitted on 4/15 a week after getting accepted (and before I even got the BPE), went to 'final review' stage the next day on 4/16.

Same here, I submitted the day after I was able to log into the website and over a week before I got the acceptance letter. I went into final review the next day. I called to see what the turn around time is. They said I'd hear definitely by the end of the month, but that's all they could promise. Still waiting on CLS financial aid too.
Loans, loans, loans.... At least my student contribution is the minimum for LRAP purposes :P

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”