American U Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gdane

Diamond

Re: American U

Post by gdane » Mon May 31, 2010 9:49 pm

Wow!!! Really! Cool!

I will definitely be sending the cowgirl some good wishes. I hope you do well. Worst case scenario, you improve your score and reapply. Good luck! Really! youll do well!

WMCowgirl

New

Post by WMCowgirl » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:55 am

gdane5 wrote:Wow!!! Really! Cool!

I will definitely be sending the cowgirl some good wishes. I hope you do well. Worst case scenario, you improve your score and reapply. Good luck! Really! youll do well!
Thanks Gdane! I think I am hoping for you to get in almost as much as I am hoping that I get in!!! I have heard of a little more movement on the waitlist, and people are withdrawing like crazy (on lawschoolnumbers.com). I am hoping good news is coming OUR way :)

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:35 pm

So apparently my status has changed to "Released from waitlist". In other words, I wont be seeing any of the kind people on here come fall 2010.

I appreciate all the warm wishes that i received. One of the main reasons I wanted to go to WCL was because I heard the people there were super cool and the future 1L's on here are going to be no exception. Youse were all really cool and supportive. Now my focus shifts to taking the LSAT once more. Im going to revist the LSAT Prep section on here and try different methods of study. Ill also be preparing for the GRE. Ill give grad school a shot as well.

Good luck to everyone else!

law333

New

Post by law333 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi gdane,

If you don't mind me asking... How did you hear about this status change? Did you withdraw yourself or were you randomly informed by e-mail.

I am also on the waiting list and am curious as to what this entails.

Good luck with you future endeavors!

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:20 pm

gdane5 wrote:So apparently my status has changed to "Released from waitlist". In other words, I wont be seeing any of the kind people on here come fall 2010.

I appreciate all the warm wishes that i received. One of the main reasons I wanted to go to WCL was because I heard the people there were super cool and the future 1L's on here are going to be no exception. Youse were all really cool and supportive. Now my focus shifts to taking the LSAT once more. Im going to revist the LSAT Prep section on here and try different methods of study. Ill also be preparing for the GRE. Ill give grad school a shot as well.

Good luck to everyone else!
Oh, I'm sorry. :( Maybe we'll see you next year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NaiveHope

New

Post by NaiveHope » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that!!!

I was terrified by his/her post that I checked my status and it still says waitlist. Please let us know what happened...

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:02 pm

I definitely didnt withdraw myself from the waiting list. I checked my status this morning and it said "released from waitlist" and it was dated 5/28/10. The messed up part was that I had sent a LOCI this morning before I checked the status. Haha! Just my luck!

I also received a letter in the mail today informing me they werent accepting me off the waitlist.

Good luck to everyone else though. One less person to clog up the list. Haha.

rockstar4488

Bronze

Post by rockstar4488 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:45 am

The rise and fall of gdane :cry:

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Hahaha. Rise and fall..

This can easily turn into a positive. Im going to take the LSAT in Oct and try to raise my score. I'm starting my prep right away. This time should be different. Last year I had some things that prevented me from really prepping and then when I did prep I was distracted by something else. Point is that this time I have 4 months and Im going to use them. Im hoping to score higher and maybe AU can accept me and offer me $. We'll see. Sometimes I'm too much of an optimist, but I like dreaming. Haha.

Its up to those on here that are going to be at AU this fall to keep the rest of us informed. Im dying to know about the student life and the QOL.

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mufyani

New

Post by mufyani » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:41 am

I'm freaking out! Maybe they're releasing ppl from the waitlist alphabetically? Shoot, I'm towards the end.

I just hope I find out soon that I won't get in so I can study for the LSAT and look for another job. I actually mentioned that to my assigned couselor and she suggested I hold on a little longer. I'm holding AU... please pick me!

LKing

New

Post by LKing » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:27 pm

I'm sorry to hear about you being released, gdane.

I'm curious about the the waitlist procedure. Are a lot of people being "released"? I wonder what the numbers range for the remaining waitlisted students is?

Has anyone else heard of recent waitlist activity??

scuzle

Bronze

Post by scuzle » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Im still on the waitlist...fyi...no activity

NaiveHope

New

Post by NaiveHope » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:08 pm

As of 1:10 pm (CT), I'm still on the waiting list. I'm terrified now. I had never heard of being 'released' from the waiting list.

A glass to our fallen comrade!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:42 am

Who applied to the LAP program? Any thoughts on it?

jjinva

New

Post by jjinva » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:37 am

Still on the w/l here too. Doesn't look good though. They won't accept any additional material from me. I was going to send another recommendation but they won't accept it. That tells me I'm probably just a number on a list, way waaaay down, lol.

Oh well, what can ya do?

NaiveHope

New

Post by NaiveHope » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:28 am

I wouldn't worry about it. They were rather strict about only allowing two letters of rec. I wrote them asking the same thing and they said they don't accept any because of the volume of materials they get. As of this morning, I'm still on the WL.

I guess our next big date is June 30 (last time people can get deposits back).

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:40 pm

It'd be great to see some of youse get in. None of those people that "really wanted it" got in. As far as I know. Haha.

Good luck to youse!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:43 pm

gdane5 wrote:It'd be great to see some of youse get in. None of those people that "really wanted it" got in. As far as I know. Haha.

Good luck to youse!
Umm... yea... some of us did.

I'll keep rooting for you gdane, maybe we'll meet there next year. :roll:

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:06 pm

I didnt mention any specific names because I wasnt talking about anyone specifically. I apologize if my statement was jerkoffish. Hazel you were one of those that really wanted to go to AU and Im glad youre going. So, dont take what I said the wrong way.

EDIT: The youse is just something I use in an informal setting. Just a consquence of growing up around Italians in Brooklyn. Haha. I'll try to use it less though. Dont want to annoy youse.
Last edited by gdane on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Not-A-Teabagger

New

Post by Not-A-Teabagger » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:07 pm

HazelEyes wrote:
gdane5 wrote:It'd be great to see some of youse get in. None of those people that "really wanted it" got in. As far as I know. Haha.

Good luck to youse!
Umm... yea... some of us did.

I'll keep rooting for you gdane, maybe we'll meet there next year. :roll:
I'll keep rooting for you too gdane, but you gotta lose the youse :shock:

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:22 pm

gdane5 wrote:I didnt mention any specific names because I wasnt talking about anyone specifically. I apologize if my statement was jerkoffish. Hazel you were one of those that really wanted to go to AU and Im glad youre going. So, dont take what I said the wrong way.

EDIT: The youse is just something I use in an informal setting. Just a consquence of growing up around Italians in Brooklyn. Haha. I'll try to use it less though. Dont want to annoy youse.
I grew up in Brooklyn too, and NEVER heard anyone use the phrase 'youse'. When I (briefly) lived in Minnesota however, I was amused to heard people say that.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rockstar4488

Bronze

Post by rockstar4488 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:03 am

Considering who they took off the WL on this thread, it seemed to be a pretty strictly numbers thing. AU is a bit unusual in that they seem to WL a lot of people way above their medians, especially their LSAT median. So it isn't really too surprising that those are the people that got the calls.

Rhaylaw2013

New

Post by Rhaylaw2013 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Anything new to report on wait list statuses for ANYONE out there?? June 30th looms-and my anxiety is palpable.

rockstar4488

Bronze

Post by rockstar4488 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:34 pm

What happens June 30th?

Rhaylaw2013

New

Post by Rhaylaw2013 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:38 am

June 30th is the deadline on refunds for students who have deposited at AUWCL. A $450 refund on the initial deposit, $900, is offered for students withdrawing from their previously planned attendance (Good news for wait-listers).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”