Quinnipiac? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kcolo

New

Quinnipiac?

Post by kcolo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:38 pm

Anyone apply here? I get lots of email from them but no updates.

Rob Crow

New

Re: Quinnipiac?

Post by Rob Crow » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:50 pm

Just a point of interest - are you in the north east? I have addresses in CT and NY (current/perm) - wasn't sure if that's why I had been getting so much mail from them, but they have sent have sent two physical mailers, a half dozen emails, and I've never reached out.. no other school has sent more than two pieces total

kcolo

New

Post by kcolo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:56 pm

Rob Crow wrote:Just a point of interest - are you in the north east? I have addresses in CT and NY (current/perm) - wasn't sure if that's why I had been getting so much mail from them, but they have sent have sent two physical mailers, a half dozen emails, and I've never reached out.. no other school has sent more than two pieces total
No, I'm in Denver, CO

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:57 pm

They flood my mailbox and my e-mail inbox.

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:40 pm

I am in FL and also received a lot of snail mail AND emails from them. I applied since they were sending so much stuff, and the picture of the school on the brochure made it look like it was on the LOST island so I was intrigued :) They have a study abroad program in Ireland, which I think sounds awesome. I'd like to have a lot of options. I'm trying to figure out if I get accepted and don't go there if maybe they'd still let me do the summer program haha! I love Ireland.

I have not received any notices or anything since I applied there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Philo38

Bronze

Post by Philo38 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:26 pm

starrydecisus wrote:I am in FL and also received a lot of snail mail AND emails from them. I applied since they were sending so much stuff, and the picture of the school on the brochure made it look like it was on the LOST island so I was intrigued :) They have a study abroad program in Ireland, which I think sounds awesome. I'd like to have a lot of options. I'm trying to figure out if I get accepted and don't go there if maybe they'd still let me do the summer program haha! I love Ireland.

I have not received any notices or anything since I applied there.
hmm . . . maybe I should apply so they will leave me the **** alone!

SteelReserve

Bronze

Post by SteelReserve » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:43 pm

What is going on here? Is anyone seriously considering Quinnipiac LAW SCHOOL? Why is someone thinking study abroad should even be a factor in where they go to law school?

These are serious questions, I'm not being mean.

here are some sites:

abovethelaw.com
jdunderground.com
lawclerkaddict.com (look to see if there are any federal law clerks that went to quinnipiac and if so, how many)

Educate yourselves and do it quickly. This post may have saved someone's financial future and perhaps their life.

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:53 pm

I got into Georgetown a few weeks ago, so no. But I really would like to find out more info on their study abroad program

ILoveClowns8

New

Post by ILoveClowns8 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:52 pm

I sent an application in awhile ago, they may not have the best ranking but they do seem to make an honest effort when recruiting.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawlec48

Bronze

Post by lawlec48 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:16 pm

I also applied after receiving a fee waiver in the mail. I attended one of their online chat sessions and they do seem very helpful, but the cost is on the high side for a median salary at $73,000 upon graduation. My numbers are probably good enough to get me in, but I doubt I'd receive any scholarship money, so the cost would be a major hinderence. That and my wife wants to move to a warm, sunny state with beaches, which might rule out Quinnipiac before I can even look at the pro's and con's.

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:40 pm

lawlec48 wrote:I also applied after receiving a fee waiver in the mail. I attended one of their online chat sessions and they do seem very helpful, but the cost is on the high side for a median salary at $73,000 upon graduation. My numbers are probably good enough to get me in, but I doubt I'd receive any scholarship money, so the cost would be a major hinderence. That and my wife wants to move to a warm, sunny state with beaches, which might rule out Quinnipiac before I can even look at the pro's and con's.

Sounds like my state (Florida) is the place for you and your wife :) We have a lot of law schools here.

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:42 pm

Except for SteelReserve, this entire thread has to be a flame.

State2010

New

Post by State2010 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:36 pm

I applied back in October and I've received an email stating that they were sending my application on to review. I called in a few days ago to ask about progress and was told that they were going to start sending out decisions next week but that most will be sent out in January. My GPA is really high, but I have an average LSAT score. I did get a fee waiver and I am sincerely hoping for an acceptance (with money).

If I may ask, why would you insult prospective schools? I understand you have done your research, and so has every other person applying to Quinnipiac, but understand that there are people who need to stay close to family/get a scholarship/get a job/etc that do not deserve to get knocked down by bullies on an online thread. Quinnipiac isn't the school for you - fine, then don't waste your time applying (or looking at this thread). Grow a pair and deal with your insecurities on your own time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

New

Post by 02092010 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:40 pm

I never got any type of email acknowledging that I have submitted my app. Is this standard operating procedure?

gonecase

New

Post by gonecase » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:43 pm

anything?? sent on 11/20ish....hoping for an acceptance, got fee waiver and lots of emails about scholarships....

kcolo

New

Post by kcolo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:27 pm

I applied in October and received a complete email the week after Christmas.

ddav87

New

Post by ddav87 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:43 pm

They didn't send me an email acknowledging my application until December i submitted in September. They seem to do acceptances on Fridays via email just got mine on the 8th. The packet with scholarship info follows in the mail.
Last edited by ddav87 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

joliveri

New

Post by joliveri » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:48 am

ddav87 wrote:They didn't send me an email acknowledging my application until December i submitted in September. They seem to do acceptances on Fridays via email just got mine on the 8th. The packet will scholarship info follows in the mail.
+1

m1stert1m

New

Post by m1stert1m » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Got my acceptance letter today, email came on Friday. I got some $$ so it's an option, but i've gotten into a few other places and am waiting on more.

m1stert1m

New

Post by m1stert1m » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Also, Quinnipiac is ranked #103 in the country this year, putting them at the top of the T3 schools. Not bad.

ILoveClowns8

New

Post by ILoveClowns8 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:28 pm

Also accepted via email last week.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

joliveri

New

Post by joliveri » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:38 pm

got my letter today, $20,000 a year but it mentioned that members of the committee would like to have an interview with me for a consideration of a potential increase in scholarship. Did it say that on anyone else's award letter?

m1stert1m

New

Post by m1stert1m » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:15 pm

joliveri wrote:got my letter today, $20,000 a year but it mentioned that members of the committee would like to have an interview with me for a consideration of a potential increase in scholarship. Did it say that on anyone else's award letter?
Yes I got $15k and it said the same about the committee.

ddav87

New

Post by ddav87 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:48 pm

Wooo letter arrived today 28,000 a year no info on dean's scholarship until march 5th. Fingers crossed i can get the dean's or at least faculty scholarship.

roguelaughter

New

Post by roguelaughter » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:40 am

Got the letter today. The emailed me a couple days ago telling me I got in. I was given a 10k merit scholarship per year (with conditions for renewal). I makes the school a nice option since I live about 5 minutes away.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”