UC Davis Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tommytahoe

Silver

Re: UC Davis

Post by tommytahoe » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:41 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:Yeah I'm a 3.84 and a 157,162. They said the 5 point difference should be fine and they would use the 162. But 3.84,162 should have gotten me in initially? I dunno I'm surprised.
Yeah, I am surprised too. I expected (well, mostly expected) to be admitted. But they had like 4000 applicants this year, so I bet they were able to a LOT more selective with their 25th and median LSAT scores. Just a hunch. i have to believe you are a good candidate for a WL offer. :)

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:08 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:Yeah I'm a 3.84 and a 157,162. They said the 5 point difference should be fine and they would use the 162. But 3.84,162 should have gotten me in initially? I dunno I'm surprised.
Yeah, I am surprised too. I expected (well, mostly expected) to be admitted. But they had like 4000 applicants this year, so I bet they were able to a LOT more selective with their 25th and median LSAT scores. Just a hunch. i have to believe you are a good candidate for a WL offer. :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Punjabi is just too young. That has to be what held you back.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:21 pm

primusux wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Punjabi is just too young. That has to be what held you back.
How old is he?

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:32 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
primusux wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:

How old is he?

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:42 pm

wow. i can see that as a selling point too, in deference to the man. i would imagine that to do that, one has to be pretty sharp.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:07 pm

For any new female admits, I am in need of a roommate! PM me for details :D

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:19 pm

calgal17 wrote:For any new female admits, I am in need of a roommate! PM me for details :D
Hey calgal, I forgot you were here at King Hall too. I just got in and I'm stoked indeed. I suppose you've tried craigslist and also the Class of 2013 facebook page too?

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Also, I'm gonna re-ask this, b/c I have to believe someone here knows how I get out of this hole:

Well, looks like I may have screwed up. Somehow, UC Davis Law "My Awards" says they never received my FAFSA, and i am now thinking that I messed up somehow when I was editing and re-adding schools to my FAFSA report. That is, UCD is not on the new list (well, now I've added it!), so when adding new schools maybe I forgot Davis completely or deleted it before they received the SAR. This was all done in February!
At any rate, I'm hoping they can evaluate my FAFSA on the fly this Mon-Wed, because I need to put down the deposit by Thursday.
I'm glad they use the Need Access, however, so they have that on file.
But does anybody know if my need-based grants can be affected by this FAFSA screw-up? I know I'm late to be admitted, but my need has never changed, and my being admitted in June was something outside of my control. I would like to think that b/c I am 37, $1500 in the bank, EFC=0, and with $10,000 in undergrad debt, that that would allow me to receive on the high end of grants.
Thanks if you have any insights into this.

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:43 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
calgal17 wrote:For any new female admits, I am in need of a roommate! PM me for details :D
Hey calgal, I forgot you were here at King Hall too. I just got in and I'm stoked indeed. I suppose you've tried craigslist and also the Class of 2013 facebook page too?
Hey Tommy, I'm glad you got in! That's really exciting. Yeah I've posted on craigslist and facebook. Hopefully someone bites!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:05 pm

LOL Tommy, I got a reply from Hastings but nothing from Davis. I was expecting it to be the other way around as I'm told Hastings is slightly harder to get into.

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:32 pm

zeth006 wrote:LOL Tommy, I got a reply from Hastings but nothing from Davis. I was expecting it to be the other way around as I'm told Hastings is slightly harder to get into.
You never really know what catches their eyes, especially at this point in the cycle.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:36 pm

C'mooooooon, DAVIS!

lawman2010

Bronze

Post by lawman2010 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:16 am

So I can't log in to the status checker. I'm thinking either:

A) They're uploading my acceptance and I'm going to be seing it shortly :)
B) They decided I'm not even worth keeping on the waitlist and have just deleted me from the system :( or
C) The server is down

Anyone else having problems getting on?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:10 pm

any WL updates/news/activity?

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Last edited by PunjabiLower on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:55 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:AHHHHHH I JUST GOT IN! 3.84,162

19 years old..no work experience...graduated college in 2 years...I think I'm pretty immature compared to a regular law school applicant...but they are giving me a shot!

Congrats, bro. I don't know you in real life, but I'd say that's the right approach to take. A dash of humility never hurts. Looks like you got pulled out of the wait-list puppy mill too. Good luck!

Off to grab some sushi and get hammered on some sake! :oops:

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:28 am

Got an email recently basically asking to send in what amounted to an LOCI. The gist of the email seemed to be whether or not I was still interested, though.

I assume that means my name has come up on the WL train.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:39 am

missinglink wrote:Got an email recently basically asking to send in what amounted to an LOCI. The gist of the email seemed to be whether or not I was still interested, though.

I assume that means my name has come up on the WL train.
Congrats punjabilower and good luck missinglink! I hope to see both of you at king hall in September August!

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:59 pm

hey folks! quick financial aid question for those who filled out loans: how long did it take for the "promissory note" links to update to "satisfied" on your Grad Plus, Sub/Unsub loans? I filled mine out 3 days ago, but they're still at unsatisfied...just thought I'd check.
Also, anyone else staying at the Tennis Club apartments (Clearwater apartments) next year? I know a lot of students are at the Willows, but I'm hoping there'll be some law students where I'm living too!

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:03 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:hey folks! quick financial aid question for those who filled out loans: how long did it take for the "promissory note" links to update to "satisfied" on your Grad Plus, Sub/Unsub loans? I filled mine out 3 days ago, but they're still at unsatisfied...just thought I'd check.
Also, anyone else staying at the Tennis Club apartments (Clearwater apartments) next year? I know a lot of students are at the Willows, but I'm hoping there'll be some law students where I'm living too!

Were they listed as being "unsatisfied" on the govt website?

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:04 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:AHHHHHH I JUST GOT IN! 3.84,162

19 years old..no work experience...graduated college in 2 years...I think I'm pretty immature compared to a regular law school applicant...but they are giving me a shot!

nice man, you joined the facebook group right? You went to Cal? Go Bears!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:06 pm

zeth006 wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:hey folks! quick financial aid question for those who filled out loans: how long did it take for the "promissory note" links to update to "satisfied" on your Grad Plus, Sub/Unsub loans? I filled mine out 3 days ago, but they're still at unsatisfied...just thought I'd check.

no it looks like they went through fine on the gov't website, it's just the Davis site that lists them as unsatisfied. The other requirements took a couple days to update to satisfied, but since today is the deadline i just thought i'd check

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:14 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:
zeth006 wrote:

no it looks like they went through fine on the gov't website, it's just the Davis site that lists them as unsatisfied. The other requirements took a couple days to update to satisfied, but since today is the deadline i just thought i'd check

Damn. The reason I ask is Hastings' website doesn't offer any such online checklist that updates. I filed for both MPNs, got a letter from the DoE acknowledging completion and that they were notifying the school. Nothing else!

What other requirements are there besides FAFSA and Institutional Aid (school-specific)?

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:01 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:
zeth006 wrote:

Whew....glad this happened to someone else. I did them last night and while it would make sense for them to take a few processing days, it still made me nervous. I'm sending an email to financial aid just in case.

ozarkhack

Bronze

Post by ozarkhack » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:10 pm

Dang.

Kind of bittersweet, but I withdrew from Davis today. Hope one of you WLers gets my seat soon.

Hastings pulled me from the WL, and ultimately the lure of the city proved too much for fiance and I to pass up. Hastings' PICAP and finaid package helped, too.

Good luck to all.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”