In at Notre Dame (2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mafrench

New

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Post by mafrench » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:49 pm

Yes, she said the adcom met and reviewed the WL this week and there were a very limited number of offers made and it would be one for one from this point on. since she knew I had a visit scheduled next week she wanted to let me know as soon as she could.

2013ek

New

Post by 2013ek » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:54 pm

mafrench wrote:Yes, she said the adcom met and reviewed the WL this week and there were a very limited number of offers made and it would be one for one from this point on. since she knew I had a visit scheduled next week she wanted to let me know as soon as she could.
Awww, shit.

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:35 pm

So that means that we could possibly receive our rejections in the mail as compared to mafrench who was notified via phone because of timing issues. Or, we could receive our rejections calls next week. :( not feeling good AT ALL about my chances.

mafrench, did Melissa SPECIFICALLY say they were only offering 2-5 acceptances or did she just say small group?

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:56 pm

This is terrible. LSN shows someone switching to Attending today, dunno if they had already deposited long ago or if they got off the WL.

Did the admissions person tell you how decisions were being made (email, call, mail)?

mafrench

New

Post by mafrench » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:04 pm

She said very few offers were made and at this point it would be one for one. It seemed as if they were sending out the letters to let us know but she knew i would not get mine before i left. It did not seem promising. I dont know for sure but it seems like they sent some acceptances out right after the 2nd deposit and gave them all a week to decide and most accepted and now they are just filling small openings.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:08 pm

mafrench wrote:She said very few offers were made and at this point it would be one for one. It seemed as if they were sending out the letters to let us know but she knew i would not get mine before i left. It did not seem promising. I dont know for sure but it seems like they sent some acceptances out right after the 2nd deposit and gave them all a week to decide and most accepted and now they are just filling small openings.
So it was by mail

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:02 pm

So what does everyone believe in terms of how they are doing this?

(Sometimes) Phone Interview for when file is reviewed -> mail acceptance letter
(Sometimes) Phone for when file is reviewed -> phone for when accepted + mailing sent same day

It seems like there's no uniformity if we trust everyone in this thread and the post at NDNation.

My theory is all acceptances are by mail still and they have not been calling in decisions.

According to the update email:
How will I be notified of an Admissions offer?

All decision letters are mailed to the address we have on file as current. The Admissions Office will also contact you in the method you indicated as the best way to be reached.
Would like to know what happened with redvelvetccake

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:15 pm

txhorn wrote:So what does everyone believe in terms of how they are doing this?

(Sometimes) Phone for when file is reviewed -> phone for when accepted + mailing sent same day

It seems like there's no uniformity if we trust everyone in this thread and the post at NDNation.

My theory is all acceptances are by mail still and they have not been calling in decisions.

All decision letters are mailed to the address we have on file as current. The Admissions Office will also contact you in the method you indicated as the best way to be reached.
I'm guessing we didn't get in because we didn't receive a call already; not unless we get one next week which seems unlikely given the information we just found out today.

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:19 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:

I'm guessing we didn't get in because we didn't receive a call already; not unless we get one next week which seems unlikely given the information we just found out today.
hmm, I sent a LOCI immediately after that WL email last week re-iterating my interest on ND as well as had a quasi-interview in my phone convo with Heather earlier this week (when she told me they hadn't made any decisions off the WL yet). She asked me "Why ND?" and at the end of the convo, she said she'd make a note on my file after the conversation. Thing is, I made the call, they didn't call me I dunno if that will do anything for my chances.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:30 pm

txhorn wrote: (when she told me they hadn't made any decisions off the WL yet).
Do you think she would say this again on Monday? We know they have made at least one offer (i.e. the guy on NDnation) and I would be surprised if she were to say that they still hadn't made any offers or released people.

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
Do you think she would say this again on Monday? We know they have made at least one offer (i.e. the guy on NDnation) and I would be surprised if she were to say that they still hadn't made any offers or released people.
Not sure. I have the stats that they'd string me along all summer anyways if they didn't accept me soon :( I'd be surprised with a rejection this early.

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:54 pm

txhorn wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
Not sure. I have the stats that they'd string me along all summer anyways if they didn't accept me soon :( I'd be surprised with a rejection this early.
2-5 acceptances seems extremely low to me. I know the apps were up this year but they're up every year. They said this same thing last year but yet they still accepted a pretty good number of people off of the WL.

Also, I'm a bit skeptical (only the slightest bit) that this is the end-all-be-all for us because maybe there are people, we don't know about, who are WL at other schools. We all know how slow movement has been everywhere else this cycle so maybe those kids are just waiting for those schools to start making movement. Obviously when seats at those schools open up we may see more movement on the ND WL. So, maybe it's just an issue of time regarding those other schools and WHEN they open up seats. ND could have only made those limited offers because they are beginning to gradually "turn on the faucet."

colemf

Bronze

Post by colemf » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:52 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
txhorn wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
2-5 acceptances seems extremely low to me. I know the apps were up this year but they're up every year. They said this same thing last year but yet they still accepted a pretty good number of people off of the WL.

Also, I'm a bit skeptical (only the slightest bit) that this is the end-all-be-all for us because maybe there are people, we don't know about, who are WL at other schools. We all know how slow movement has been everywhere else this cycle so maybe those kids are just waiting for those schools to start making movement. Obviously when seats at those schools open up we may see more movement on the ND WL. So, maybe it's just an issue of time regarding those other schools and WHEN they open up seats. ND could have only made those limited offers because they are beginning to gradually "turn on the faucet."
You may be right about people being on other waitlist but when I sent in my second deposit for ND we had to check whether we were on a WL, so they could be basing their est. on those deposit forms.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:14 am

I don't get what movement is expected that would be caused by other schools. Is it like a chain reaction from Yale's waitlist on down the entire ranking? Why wouldn't it be one by one at this point since most decisions and waitlists are settled. My evidence is "What law schools have closed off their waitlist?" thread saying UVA, Duke, Penn have done rejects from WL in waves now and "Why has there been no activity within the T14?" thread

2013ek

New

Post by 2013ek » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:02 am

txhorn wrote:I don't get what movement is expected that would be caused by other schools. Is it like a chain reaction from Yale's waitlist on down the entire ranking? Why wouldn't it be one by one at this point since most decisions and waitlists are settled. My evidence is "What law schools have closed off their waitlist?" thread saying UVA, Duke, Penn have done rejects from WL in waves now and "Why has there been no activity within the T14?" thread
Exactly...Unfortunately, it seems like whatever "big" WL movement that was going to happen at Tier 1 schools this cycle has probably already happened. It's late June, the deadlines have passed. From here on out it should be 1 for 1 with no scholarship $$$. Who knows, maybe not, stranger things have happened, but hopefully you're in at another good school and not totally screwed. txhorn, I had a similar conversation with admissions, and have tried to curry favor every which-a-way, (we're not the first), but it is what it is. You get a call or you don't. I'm sorry for being the resident pessimist and summarizing all this, but I'll still leave my name on the list until they remove it. Maybe a minor miracle will happen, after all this is a Catholic institution. The Virgin Mary shows up in tortilla soup sometimes, Water turns into Wine, Coke to Pepsi, et. al. But that's what it will take at this point.

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:58 pm

So I guess tomorrow will be a big day? Some of us (those rejected from the WL) might learn of our fate tomorrow. I hope I didn't get cut form the list... :|

mafrench

New

Post by mafrench » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:19 pm

I know from the post that Dean Pless from Illinois has that the schools can now see where people have multiple deposits through the LSAC software and that has really helped them determine wait list spots and attrition in the last few years. So they know who has multiple deposits and may leave. It seems like this is a generally shitty year for people on the wait list. Dean Pless also mentioned on his thread that this year had "the least amount of movement" he has ever seen on the Illinois wait list as well as the "most impressive class to date". Obviously ND is not UIUC but they are similar schools in the same region and i would assume they have a similar applicant pool. Im sure right now they are trimming the wait list because they did the majority of the post 2nd deposit offers and by one to one offers they mean that whenever a deposited student withdrawals they will offer that spot to someone. Im sure they will offer a few spots as the summer passes but, i could see how they would be limited if the class was full.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

redvelvetccake

New

Post by redvelvetccake » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:41 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:

Been out of town. Called them back, but after a lot of thought have decided to withdraw from the waitlist. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:45 pm

redvelvetccake wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:

Been out of town. Called them back, but after a lot of thought have decided to withdraw from the waitlist. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
What occurred in the interview? So they never gave a decision in a later call like robin600?

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:49 pm

txhorn wrote:What occurred in the interview? So they never gave a decision in a later call like robin600?
+1

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:33 pm

So should we start focusing on other schools?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fenderjsm88

Bronze

Post by fenderjsm88 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:03 pm

Not sure how long ago this person was admitted, but this may be of interest to some people here:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=122126

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:07 pm

No money off WL seeing that thread :/

redvelvetccake

New

Post by redvelvetccake » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:39 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
txhorn wrote:What occurred in the interview? So they never gave a decision in a later call like robin600?
+1
Pretty much just why ND, I'm guessing because I didn't write the essay. I'm not sure if I would have gotten a decision call because I called back on Friday and emailed Sunday to withdraw.

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:46 pm

Just reading some of the recent threads on this forum, it seems like there are a lot of 75th LSAT and GPA or close/above median that are still waitlisted; if you have any #s below I don't think the chances are good, but a lot can happen over the summer

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”