Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lolek

New

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by Lolek » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Clive1 wrote:so how's everyone doing? there hasn't been any activity here in a while. is anyone still waiting or are things just winding down?
Who knows.
Last edited by Lolek on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Lolek wrote:
Clive1 wrote:so how's everyone doing? there hasn't been any activity here in a while. is anyone still waiting or are things just winding down?
Yeah, I'm on the WL and still just waiting...since mid-February. Not much action for a long while now.

I hope before the end of the month we get to find out, although who knows?
I'm still pulling for you, Lolek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and Box and E2F and everyone. :mrgreen:

kayskay

New

Post by kayskay » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:29 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:I like how they sent me a snail mail informing me that the admissions committee approved my request for a deferral when I never requested one. I only sent an e-mail asking about the process. I had to spend 20 minutes with admissions trying to clear it up. O well.

This makes me feel really great because I got in via phone call today and just can't make it happen to pay the deposit (or, you know, tuition) in the next week, so I asked for a deferral. Maybe they're more lenient about it than they let on?

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:35 am

kayskay wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:I like how they sent me a snail mail informing me that the admissions committee approved my request for a deferral when I never requested one. I only sent an e-mail asking about the process. I had to spend 20 minutes with admissions trying to clear it up. O well.

This makes me feel really great because I got in via phone call today and just can't make it happen to pay the deposit (or, you know, tuition) in the next week, so I asked for a deferral. Maybe they're more lenient about it than they let on?
wow. congrats!! and good luck with the deferral.

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:29 am

kayskay wrote:

Congrats!! And I hope the deferral works out for you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Katerina

Bronze

Post by Katerina » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:46 pm

I was offered a spot yesterday via phone which I declined so have hope, WL people- there is still at least 1 seat open! :mrgreen:

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:22 am

Is this considered the Fordham Class of 2013/2014 gathering place?

I only ask because I'm in a legal writing/research workshop with one of yalls legal writing professor and he told us he was going to use his memo scenario for the upcoming school year as an exercise for today since none of us are heading to Fordham. I figured I could post it here to help people out if anyone is interested.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:35 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:Is this considered the Fordham Class of 2013/2014 gathering place?

I only ask because I'm in a legal writing/research workshop with one of yalls legal writing professor and he told us he was going to use his memo scenario for the upcoming school year as an exercise for today since none of us are heading to Fordham. I figured I could post it here to help people out if anyone is interested.
There are like, 30 LRW teachers. Each class is capped at 16 and there r like 470 1ls

But go ahead and post it - id like to see what one of these thingys look like- The actual c/o link is below

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... start=1075

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:50 pm

k, I'll post it when I'm out. It's Ted Neustadt so it's not just one of the random teachers.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kayskay

New

Post by kayskay » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:50 am

Cardboardbox wrote:
kayskay wrote:

Congrats!! And I hope the deferral works out for you!

Granted! They're sending the contract today- I guess it's essentially an ED contract, but that works just fine for me! Super excited.

JRey

New

Post by JRey » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:56 pm

I'm still on the waiting list. I told them I'd take part or full time. I know its moving slowly but I saw some people on here saying they've been seeing some movement finally.

anything I should do to up my chances?

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Go and visit if you get a chance. Beg and plead (jk). Seems like Fordham likes people who REALLY want Fordham so let them know it without offending their senses.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:27 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Go and visit if you get a chance. Beg and plead (jk). Seems like Fordham likes people who REALLY want Fordham so let them know it without offending their senses.
^^^^^ THIS

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:13 am

Are they done making all acceptances/school's full? How do those paying sticker feel about the idea?

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:01 pm

txhorn wrote:Are they done making all acceptances/school's full? How do those paying sticker feel about the idea?
Paying sticker isn't an ideal situation, but most of the people I've met are really excited about the opportunity to attend Fordham. A lot of money? Yes. A risk for some? Yes. But if you want to go to law school and you want to go to law school in New York City, it ain't gonna be cheap.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:48 pm

How do those paying sticker feel about the idea?

How do I FEEL? I feel... AMAZING!! I feel incredibly grateful that I get to go to my Dream School, right here in NYC. I'm grateful for the opportunity to attend the Fordham University School of Law.

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:03 pm

txhorn wrote:Are they done making all acceptances/school's full? How do those paying sticker feel about the idea?
Yeah, I feel pretty good about it myself.

I'm working though so loans will be slim to none. Not sure how I'd feel if I were jumping into debt, but I would probably still do it and feel good about it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:55 pm

tesoro wrote:
Yeah, I feel pretty good about it myself.

I'm working though so loans will be slim to none. Not sure how I'd feel if I were jumping into debt, but I would probably still do it and feel good about it.
As usual, Tesoro says it better than I did. :wink: Yes, I will also be working throughout so my loans are slim to none. But still... I feel lucky.

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Ahh I was kind of sad about fordham...but got into a better school at the last minute...fortunately. I don't think my 19 year old age hurt me as much as I had thought. I'm sure it was applying late instead. Send those apps in early! Good luck to all!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Congrats, Punjabi - have a terrific 1L year!

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Why haven't I heard anything since completing the waitlist form?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lolek

New

Post by Lolek » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:28 pm

txhorn wrote:Why haven't I heard anything since completing the waitlist form?
I feel you.
Last edited by Lolek on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Lolek wrote:
txhorn wrote:Why haven't I heard anything since completing the waitlist form?
I'm still on the Wait List.

Lol...I don't even have anything done or anything if I somehow get accepted. It'll be spur of the moment...I'm getting scared to be honest.

It's August 16th, classes start in 2 weeks. I haven't applied for financial aid because I'm not accepted yet, I haven't done anything...because I simply haven't known anything for months about my situation...

This thread has died down...I'm assuming most people accepted other schools or something.
heh same situation, I called last week and they told me that I would receive some sort of information in less than a week (either way). Well that didn't happen. Still waiting.

Just called and they said they appear to be full, but will have a clearer picture in week

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:27 pm

My patience paid off!! Just got the call! In FT off waitlist! Hang in guys a spot can still open up you may hear yet!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:57 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:My patience paid off!! Just got the call! In FT off waitlist! Hang in guys a spot can still open up you may hear yet!
QFThisMakesMeSoHappy.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CONGRATULATIONS, BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”