NYU ED 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
acdisagod

Bronze

Re: NYU ED 2010

Post by acdisagod » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:58 pm

correct

mayosmith

Bronze

Post by mayosmith » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:12 am

So has anyone who's gone through the data gotten any sense of how held people fare in the regular decision pool? Asking before I start combing through myself...

imisscollege

Bronze

Post by imisscollege » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:38 am

surprised to be held. pm me for numbers. so who got rejected?

Drew2010

Bronze

Post by Drew2010 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:09 am

imisscollege wrote:surprised to be held. pm me for numbers. so who got rejected?
Surprised because you expected an acceptance, or because you expected a rejection?

Man I feel pretty stupid for not ED'ing Penn.. what was I thinking with the idea I could go to NYU... BLAHAWFUAHEGILUEHGILUEHGLIUAEGUIGH

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:12 am

Drew2010 wrote:Man I feel pretty stupid for not ED'ing Penn.. what was I thinking with the idea I could go to NYU... BLAHAWFUAHEGILUEHGILUEHGLIUAEGUIGH
Sometimes this keeps me up at night.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Drew2010

Bronze

Post by Drew2010 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:15 am

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
Drew2010 wrote:Man I feel pretty stupid for not ED'ing Penn.. what was I thinking with the idea I could go to NYU... BLAHAWFUAHEGILUEHGILUEHGLIUAEGUIGH
Yes... yes it does...

imisscollege

Bronze

Post by imisscollege » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:24 am

Drew2010 wrote:
imisscollege wrote:surprised to be held. pm me for numbers. so who got rejected?
Surprised because you expected an acceptance, or because you expected a rejection?

Man I feel pretty stupid for not ED'ing Penn.. what was I thinking with the idea I could go to NYU... BLAHAWFUAHEGILUEHGILUEHGLIUAEGUIGH
i expected a rejection. i figured i couldn't really decide between the whole gtown, uva, penn, mich ED thing so I figured I'd ED to a school that would never accept me. ha please don't question the logic.

So I'm just wondering if I didn't get rejected, who did? Did anybody?

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:26 am

Drew2010 wrote:
Yes... yes it does...
I think what I was thinking (and it was two months ago, so who the hell knows) was that if I get into Penn, great, but it's not somewhere I'd necessarily be excited to attend over EVERY other school. I like Penn (more and more) and would absolutely attend, but I'd like to have options to weigh it against. With NYU, I don't need that. I'd be on a plane tomorrow if I got in.

and imisscollege.... that was my logic, you explained it better than I did.

acdisagod

Bronze

Post by acdisagod » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:33 am

I'm not sure we could get rejected. I thought we would be put ino the RD pool no matter what. I don't think a hold is good news. I could be wrong.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Drew2010

Bronze

Post by Drew2010 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:35 am

Drew2010 wrote:
Yes... yes it does...
I think what I was thinking (and it was two months ago, so who the hell knows) was that if I get into Penn, great, but it's not somewhere I'd necessarily be excited to attend over EVERY other school. I like Penn (more and more) and would absolutely attend, but I'd like to have options to weigh it against. With NYU, I don't need that. I'd be on a plane tomorrow if I got in.

and imisscollege.... that was my logic, you explained it better than I did.
Ya.. I had family in NYC, which made NYU by far my #1 (with the great faculty and opportunities it was already up there).. Penn was a close realistic second (I considered Chicago and Columbia pipe dreams). I think after those two Northwestern is probably my third favorite choice (although I debate between Michigan and Northwestern.. if I get in to both I'll have a tough decision, but I think in the end I'd probably choose the location of Northwestern, plus small class size, over Michigan and its beautiful campus + football).

I think now I've already chalked Penn and NYU up to losses.. I'm just hoping for either Michigan or Northwestern, both of which I could be very happy with!

Lieut Kaffee

Silver

Post by Lieut Kaffee » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Just popping in to let you all know a spot just remained open. Good luck!

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:44 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:Just popping in to let you all know a spot just remained open. Good luck!
Thanks Kaff.

In mailbox news, today there was a letter from a bank to a previous tenant of my house. And that was it.

*sigh*

mayosmith

Bronze

Post by mayosmith » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:00 pm

So tell me, fellow Deferees.. what are you feeling on LOCIs? Has anyone made sense of the LSN data on The Deferred from last year?

EDIT: Because I haven't really had time to yet...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jacosta6

New

Post by jacosta6 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:59 pm

Received the purple envelope this afternoon! I'm still in shock and it probably wont sink until September. I was sure I was going to deferred at best. Good luck to all those still waiting!

ColumbiaGirl1984

New

Post by ColumbiaGirl1984 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:23 pm

So how many of you have withdrawn your other applications? If you have, did you just write a letter to them saying you would like to withdraw?

I was just talking to this "friend" who i really don't talk to that often and she decided to tell me how NYU is #6 and inform me that they are good in corporate law (columbia is more known for that, from what i've learned...) anyway, and now she is like, you better withdraw all your applications from other schools because she knows of someone who was rejected at a place because they did not notify the other schools.

Thanks for coming out of the blue with that info....it's totally weird.
anyway, i think i ought to withdraw my other other apps before it IS too late

ValiantVic

Bronze

Post by ValiantVic » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:27 pm

Do you live on the west coast perchance?

Edit: Directed toward Jacosta

jacosta6

New

Post by jacosta6 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:06 pm

ValiantVic wrote:Do you live on the west coast perchance?

Edit: Directed toward Jacosta
I'm in NJ. My letter is dated the 14th, and I believe was stamped on the 16th.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

doomisnervous

New

Post by doomisnervous » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:49 pm

I've never posted here, but since I've gotten useful information from this site I thought I'd try to add some. I got into NYU ED (received a letter dated 14 December) with 3.3 GPA from Ivy League school, 177 LSAT, (presumably) poor recommendations and relatively weak work experience (graduated 2008, have been teaching a standardized test prep class since then). I assumed I'd be deferred or rejected, particularly after so many people heard in early December and I heard nothing for a few weeks, but I'm happy to report otherwise.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

jacosta6

New

Post by jacosta6 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:57 pm

ColumbiaGirl1984 wrote:So how many of you have withdrawn your other applications? If you have, did you just write a letter to them saying you would like to withdraw?
I just sent out emails with my withdrawal requests. UVA, Fordham, and Texas withdrew my application with no problems. Harvard wants a physical letter with a signature to complete the withdrawal. I still haven't heard from the majority of my schools though.

Does anyone know of any other schools that require a letter?

bazoogakitty

New

Post by bazoogakitty » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:40 am

I am ED at NYU and have not yet received a decision. I'm assuming this means deferral/rejection? Anyone else still waiting?

kinch

Bronze

Post by kinch » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:41 am

ColumbiaGirl1984 wrote:So how many of you have withdrawn your other applications? If you have, did you just write a letter to them saying you would like to withdraw?

I was just talking to this "friend" who i really don't talk to that often and she decided to tell me how NYU is #6 and inform me that they are good in corporate law (columbia is more known for that, from what i've learned...) anyway, and now she is like, you better withdraw all your applications from other schools because she knows of someone who was rejected at a place because they did not notify the other schools.

Thanks for coming out of the blue with that info....it's totally weird.
anyway, i think i ought to withdraw my other other apps before it IS too late
I withdrew from all my other schools. Most of them replied with something like "OK, we will withdraw your app, best of luck with everything." Berkeley sent a one word response: "Done."

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ValiantVic

Bronze

Post by ValiantVic » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:16 pm

bazoogakitty wrote:I am ED at NYU and have not yet received a decision. I'm assuming this means deferral/rejection? Anyone else still waiting?
Still waiting. Of course I'm expecting the same...

Edit: When did you go complete?

lalalalaw

New

Post by lalalalaw » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:24 pm

ValiantVic wrote:
bazoogakitty wrote:I am ED at NYU and have not yet received a decision. I'm assuming this means deferral/rejection? Anyone else still waiting?

still waiting. went complete 12/8. not looking good.

ValiantVic

Bronze

Post by ValiantVic » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:25 pm

lalalalaw wrote:
ValiantVic wrote:

still waiting. went complete 12/8. not looking good.
Check your pm box.

Fuser

New

Post by Fuser » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:55 pm

So was anyone actually rejected ED? I am trying to figure out if being deferred is just a soft rejection or if people actually stand a chance. LSN doesn't seem quite helpful in figuring this out, or maybe I don't know how to make it work?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”