William & Mary Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gogo

New

Re: William & Mary

Post by gogo » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:31 am

Anyone else just get the email about W&M being over-committed on deposits and that waitlist action not likely in early June (edit: my inferrence. These words not explicitly stated)/ maybe only the possibility of getting off it later in the summer? Womp.
I love W&M!
Last edited by gogo on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

RonArtest

New

Post by RonArtest » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:33 am

gogo wrote:Anyone else just get the email about W&M being over-committed on deposits and this waitlist action not likely in early June/ maybe only the possibility of getting off it later in the summer? Womp.
I love W&M!
Yep.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:46 am

RonArtest wrote:
gogo wrote:Anyone else just get the email about W&M being over-committed on deposits and this waitlist action not likely in early June/ maybe only the possibility of getting off it later in the summer? Womp.
I love W&M!
Yep.
Mine didn't say anything about "not likely in June." It said they are over-enrolled, but "We may be able to admit some wait listed students if we receive withdrawals, so we will continue to maintain an active wait list throughout the summer."

Then it asked for my interest and if I had enrolled elsewhere to let them know so they could withdraw my name from the list. It also mentioned that Dean Wixson is the primary contact.

It looks as if there may be more than one type of update out there. Georgetown would send out THREE when it did its thing, so I'm curious what the deal is here.

dreaming

Bronze

Post by dreaming » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:52 am

tommytahoe wrote:
RonArtest wrote:
I love W&M!
Yep.
Mine didn't say anything about "not likely in June." It said they are over-enrolled, but "We may be able to admit some wait listed students if we receive withdrawals, so we will continue to maintain an active wait list throughout the summer."

Then it asked for my interest and if I had enrolled elsewhere to let them know so they could withdraw my name from the list. It also mentioned that Dean Wixson is the primary contact.

It looks as if there may be more than one type of update out there. Georgetown would send out THREE when it did its thing, so I'm curious what the deal is here.
+1 - Mine said what yours said. It didn't say anything about June.

gogo

New

Post by gogo » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:53 am

no I don't think there is more than one update. Mine said the exact same thing as yours. You read too much into my post. 'not likely in June' was not mentioned in my email that was just my own two cents based on what I inferred from their update. June was not explicitly mentioned. If they are currently over-committed it's not likely offers would be handedv out soon. However that doesn't preclude them from maintaining the active waitlist should anything open up later if they got withdrawls.
So far it seems like we are all in the same boat.
Any way long story short our updates were the same.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:06 am

I just withdrew from the waitlist. Good luck, everyone.

peeker82

Bronze

Post by peeker82 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:41 am

got the email too, riding this one out...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Also got the email. Since it asked me to tell them if I was going to another school in such bold demanding font I did. But I forgot to withdraw from the waitlist. I just told them I was going somewhere else. I assume they will read this the correct way.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:21 pm

sibley wrote:Also got the email. Since it asked me to tell them if I was going to another school in such bold demanding font I did. But I forgot to withdraw from the waitlist. I just told them I was going somewhere else. I assume they will read this the correct way.
sibley, I haven't been paying attention, did you end up going with Hastings in the end?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

howcani111

New

Post by howcani111 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:22 pm

they actually taking the people off their waitlist? This did not happen last year.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:25 pm

howcani111 wrote:they actually taking the people off their waitlist? This did not happen last year.
They made ZERO offers off the waitlist last year? Ouch. And this year is particularly oversaturated with applications

RonArtest

New

Post by RonArtest » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:29 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
howcani111 wrote:they actually taking the people off their waitlist? This did not happen last year.
They made ZERO offers off the waitlist last year? Ouch. And this year is particularly oversaturated with applications
That's not true. I spoke to Dean Shealy in March and she said last year they took about 25 off the WL.

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Dear Applicant:

When you were placed on the wait list for admission to William & Mary Law School, you were advised that favorable action could be taken on your application only in the event of openings in the class. We are currently over-committed in the Class of 2013 based on deposits paid. We may be able to admit some wait listed students if we receive withdrawals, so we will continue to maintain an active wait list throughout the summer.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the number of spaces, if any, that will become available. Please let us know if you have elected to enroll in another law school and wish to withdraw. Dean Neal Wixson is the primary contact for wait list correspondence and additions to your file.

We appreciate your interest in William & Mary Law School. It has been an extremely competitive year with our applications continuing at record levels.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:48 pm

robin600 wrote:I sent a LOCI email to Faye Shealy like 5 days ago and she got back to me saying thanks for keeping in contact and make sure to let her know if my address changes in the next two weeks. Promising maybe?
Geez, Iowa then OSU then WUSTL...I can't keep track of where you're going! You must be blowing through a fortune in deposits!

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Slimpee wrote:
robin600 wrote:I sent a LOCI email to Faye Shealy like 5 days ago and she got back to me saying thanks for keeping in contact and make sure to let her know if my address changes in the next two weeks. Promising maybe?
Geez, Iowa then OSU then WUSTL...I can't keep track of where you're going! You must be blowing through a fortune in deposits!
+1

Thomas Jefferson

Bronze

Post by Thomas Jefferson » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Got the email as well.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Thomas Jefferson wrote:Got the email as well.
I haven't heard any replies yet from anybody who hasn't. Safe to assume we all got the email?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:32 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
I haven't heard any replies yet from anybody who hasn't. Safe to assume we all got the email?
I got it.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Regionality wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:
I got it.
Has any W&M waitlister reading this thread not gotten the email?

aulburch

New

Post by aulburch » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:55 pm

I just withdrew from my deposit at W&M this morning.

Hope space opens up and someone gets a spot off the WL!

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:12 pm

I'll be calling admissions Friday or Monday about this. Hopefully I can get the scraps you threw out there.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:03 am

Slimpee wrote:
I'm sorry?!? a seat deposit is nothing compared to tuition and going to a school that you're really excited to attend. I saved up for a couple years prior to applying because I had a feeling this was going to be the case.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:05 am

aulburch wrote:I just withdrew from my deposit at W&M this morning.

Hope space opens up and someone gets a spot off the WL!
Have fun at GW!

Fergie

New

Post by Fergie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:10 pm

emails like this get me so excited, and then dissapointed, and then I freak out...

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:13 pm

robin600 wrote:
Slimpee wrote:
I'm sorry?!? a seat deposit is nothing compared to tuition and going to a school that you're really excited to attend. I saved up for a couple years prior to applying because I had a feeling this was going to be the case.
So you headed to WUSTL? Or would you go to W&M over WUSTL?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”