Florida State 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
likewoahh

New

Re: Florida State 2010

Post by likewoahh » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:16 am

I live in tallahassee, literally across the street from the law school in my sorority house, so I will prob be the first to get my decision! I will be sure to let yall know ASAP when I get it

melicopter

New

Post by melicopter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:18 am

159 3.77 DLIT yesterday... I live in Tally..

GTLAWSCHOOL

Bronze

Post by GTLAWSCHOOL » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:19 am

Good Luck all those who went DLIT, pulling for you guys.

P.S. I am in Central Florida, and I think it took like 3 days from DLIT to get the packet.

proslawstudent

New

Post by proslawstudent » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:36 pm

likewoahh wrote:I live in tallahassee, literally across the street from the law school in my sorority house, so I will prob be the first to get my decision! I will be sure to let yall know ASAP when I get it
Thanks please let us know! And good luck :)

DaLilMan

New

Post by DaLilMan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:01 pm

I also went to decision in the mail, gpa 2.9 lsat 160, i dont think its good but lets hope for the best. Good luck everyone. UR since the 23.

O i also called to ask how long the mailing takes and the lady said anywhere for a week to two but they were sent out on friday according to her. She said if you have not heard back in that time frame to just call the school.
Last edited by DaLilMan on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JJWAL

New

Post by JJWAL » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Last edited by JJWAL on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaLilMan

New

Post by DaLilMan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:09 pm

What were your numbers JJ?

JJWAL

New

Post by JJWAL » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Last edited by JJWAL on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brandolphsmith

New

Post by brandolphsmith » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:11 pm

DaLilMan wrote:I also went to decision in the mail, gpa 2.9 lsat 160, i dont think its good but lets hope for the best. Good luck everyone. UR since the 23.

O i also called to ask how long the mailing takes and the lady said anywhere for a week to two but they were sent out on friday according to her. She said if you have not heard back in that time frame to just call the school.
Don't mean to pry, but we have some theories about the DLIT people from yesterday. Is there anything that might have set you apart from other candidates, i.e. red flags, minority, special soft strengths, etc.?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JJWAL

New

Post by JJWAL » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:15 pm

Last edited by JJWAL on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

brandolphsmith

New

Post by brandolphsmith » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:17 pm

JJWAL wrote:
brandolphsmith wrote:
DaLilMan wrote:I also went to decision in the mail, gpa 2.9 lsat 160, i dont think its good but lets hope for the best. Good luck everyone. UR since the 23.

Don't mean to pry, but we have some theories about the DLIT people from yesterday. Is there anything that might have set you apart from other candidates, i.e. red flags, minority, special soft strengths, etc.?
Who is this question directed at?
Sorry, was directed for DaLilMan.

Bulls

New

Post by Bulls » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:28 pm

brandolphsmith wrote:

I don't think I have anything particularly strong in my application. I felt my PS was better than average and in my LOCI gave good reasons on why I would like to study in Tallahassee. I'm expecting the batch to be rejections, mostly because it doesn't seem like there have been any phone calls today but it is pretty sucky to not even be offered a waitlist.

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Bulls wrote:
brandolphsmith wrote:

I don't think I have anything particularly strong in my application. I felt my PS was better than average and in my LOCI gave good reasons on why I would like to study in Tallahassee. I'm expecting the batch to be rejections, mostly because it doesn't seem like there have been any phone calls today but it is pretty sucky to not even be offered a waitlist.
Have there ALWAYS been phone calls the day after letters were sent?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:32 pm

brandolphsmith wrote:

I am a minority, but nothing I consider to be spectacular, great ps, but low LSAT, I am fairly confident it is a rejection, call it a gut feeling

Tuyarp

Bronze

Post by Tuyarp » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:36 pm

HazelEyes wrote:
Bulls wrote:
brandolphsmith wrote:

Have there ALWAYS been phone calls the day after letters were sent?
I got a call before the letter was sent, according to the phone conversation.

lawschoolapplicantuf

New

Post by lawschoolapplicantuf » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Hi folks. I went hold to waitlist on Friday evening. My #'s are 161/3.4. I also visited FSU earlier in the day on Friday and was told by an admissions officer that there were still seats available/the class was not full. This tells me someone will be accepted after last Friday. Best of luck to you under reviewers.

Sean Bateman

Bronze

Post by Sean Bateman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:33 pm

GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:Good Luck all those who went DLIT, pulling for you guys.

P.S. I am in Central Florida, and I think it took like 3 days from DLIT to get the packet.
Another Knight moving to Tally in the fall?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DaLilMan

New

Post by DaLilMan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:19 am

brandolphsmith wrote:

I had interviewed with one of the recruitment people when she visited miami, Deborah Hood. Also i wrote a letter of continued interest, an addendum explaining my low gpa and had an additional 2 LORs sent. I dont think i have the numbers but i have an interesting story so who knows. Im also URM, and im in miami so as soon as i hear back i will post.

proslawstudent

New

Post by proslawstudent » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:29 am

DaLilMan wrote:
brandolphsmith wrote:

I had interviewed with one of the recruitment people when she visited miami, Deborah Hood. Also i wrote a letter of continued interest, an addendum explaining my low gpa and had an additional 2 LORs sent. I dont think i have the numbers but i have an interesting story so who knows. Im also URM, and im in miami so as soon as i hear back i will post.
Same here, I also met with Deborah Hood at UM and I also wrote a LOCI and I'm a URM. Are you still UR/DLIT/waitlisted? I'm DLIT right now.

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:35 am

proslawstudent wrote:
DaLilMan wrote:
brandolphsmith wrote:

Same here, I also met with Deborah Hood at UM and I also wrote a LOCI and I'm a URM. Are you still UR/DLIT/waitlisted? I'm DLIT right now.

When is the mail coming? I'm going to run to my PO Box on my lunch break, just in case, but I know it's pretty futile.

DaLilMan

New

Post by DaLilMan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:23 am

DLIT

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GTLAWSCHOOL

Bronze

Post by GTLAWSCHOOL » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Sean Bateman wrote:
GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:Good Luck all those who went DLIT, pulling for you guys.

Another Knight moving to Tally in the fall?
It is looking very much that way right now, instate sticker is hard to turn down(I love Tally as well). I am assuming you went or currently go to UCF as well?

delnotdl

New

Post by delnotdl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:50 pm

So no good news from the new DLIT group? I went to Under Review on Friday and DLIT on Tuesday but still no phone call so I guess I'm screwed... 163/3.05

Bulls

New

Post by Bulls » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:00 pm

delnotdl wrote:So no good news from the new DLIT group? I went to Under Review on Friday and DLIT on Tuesday but still no phone call so I guess I'm screwed... 163/3.05
Seems like no news at all, but in this situation I'm pretty sure no news is bad news..

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Bulls wrote:
delnotdl wrote:So no good news from the new DLIT group? I went to Under Review on Friday and DLIT on Tuesday but still no phone call so I guess I'm screwed... 163/3.05
Seems like no news at all, but in this situation I'm pretty sure no news is bad news..
Yea, seems like we're all slightly weak apps, either weak LSATs or weak GPAs. :(
Maybe they decided to keep us in suspense?

Anyone wanna call and beg them to release the answer?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”