NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mister Cee

New

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Post by Mister Cee » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:43 am

So after getting put on hold and then not hearing anything for months and months, I called and was told I'm on the "summer waitlist." Is this a good thing?

I am a high LSAT splitter, although not a particularly attractive one.

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:25 am

Mister Cee wrote:So after getting put on hold and then not hearing anything for months and months, I called and was told I'm on the "summer waitlist." Is this a good thing?

I am a high LSAT splitter, although not a particularly attractive one.
Hmm, I guess it depends ... has NU began to release folks from the WL?

texchi

New

Post by texchi » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:40 pm

How many letters of continued interest did you guys send? I only sent one while I was on hold and one immediately after I was placed on the waitlist. I mean that was 4 months ago...Maybe I should send another one? And maybe a letter of rec from a co worker? Any thoughts? Could this hurt / help?

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:49 pm

texchi wrote:How many letters of continued interest did you guys send? I only sent one while I was on hold and one immediately after I was placed on the waitlist. I mean that was 4 months ago...Maybe I should send another one? And maybe a letter of rec from a co worker? Any thoughts? Could this hurt / help?
I believe that I had sent two LOCI (approximately 3 weeks apart) and had one of the partners that work with write a very informal, but sincere follow-up LOR discussing a somewhat recent promotion to manager at the firm where I work.

For you, I think that both are good ideas. I'll be pulling for you!

enygma

Bronze

Post by enygma » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:28 pm

texchi wrote:How many letters of continued interest did you guys send? I only sent one while I was on hold and one immediately after I was placed on the waitlist. I mean that was 4 months ago...Maybe I should send another one? And maybe a letter of rec from a co worker? Any thoughts? Could this hurt / help?
i only sent two, same time as you. i made sure to state very unequivocally that i would attend if they admitted me.

both your ideas couldn't hurt, and i think could help. good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:37 pm

enygma wrote:
i only sent two, same time as you. i made sure to state very unequivocally that i would attend if they admitted me.

both your ideas couldn't hurt, and i think could help. good luck!
+1

hmlee

Bronze

Post by hmlee » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:03 pm

I sent a LOCI after I was put on hold in March. I got in two weeks later. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it, though, but I figure your ideas can't hurt so you might as well... What have you got to lose at this point?

Spor

New

Post by Spor » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:49 pm

I sent a LOCI at the end of every month I was on the waitlist. I forget how many that was, probably 2 or 3. Everything I read said to keep in touch and let them know you are still interested, even if it's just a simple letter expressing your continued interest. I heard some schools (I think it was Duke specifically) look at the last date they heard from you and add that to the equation.
enygma wrote:I made sure to state very unequivocally that i would attend if they admitted me.
last++. I also did this. I think this late in the game it will have an even greater effect than it might have 2 months ago.

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Received enrollment certification survey today via emial from NU. The deadline to complete the survey is Friday of next week. For those who remain on the WL, hopefully the survey will prompt any students who do not plan to attend NU in the fall to withdraw and we'll see some action in the followings weeks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

texchi

New

Post by texchi » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:27 pm

I hope so too! :( I would love to go there...time is running out though. I wonder if there will be any other offers made this week or next week. I feel it is getting so late in the game. I sent another LOCI hopefully it will convince them that I really want to go there. C'MONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:47 pm

texchi wrote:I hope so too! :( I would love to go there...time is running out though. I wonder if there will be any other offers made this week or next week. I feel it is getting so late in the game. I sent another LOCI hopefully it will convince them that I really want to go there. C'MONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Texchi, by chance do you live in or near Chicago and would be in a position to visit or request an interview (if you haven't already done so)? I actually never interviewed. Days before being admitted off of the WL, indication was given that I would be allowed to interview on campus.

opj2002

New

Post by opj2002 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:12 pm

chadwick218 wrote:
texchi wrote:I hope so too! :( I would love to go there...time is running out though. I wonder if there will be any other offers made this week or next week. I feel it is getting so late in the game. I sent another LOCI hopefully it will convince them that I really want to go there. C'MONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Texchi, by chance do you live in or near Chicago and would be in a position to visit or request an interview (if you haven't already done so)? I actually never interviewed. Days before being admitted off of the WL, indication was given that I would be allowed to interview on campus.
I didn't interview in the initial process and when I tried to schedule one for a visit to Chicago in May, I was turned down. Tried through their online scheduling, emailed, and called a couple times and spoke with different people. Could be different now though.

WassAnch

New

Post by WassAnch » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:33 pm

I've also tried to interview several times. I was deployed during the interview process so it kind of pissed me off when they wouldn't let me interview with hold applicants (I hadn't received a decision yet).

Maybe they will read this, feel guilty, and then let me in.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:40 pm

... and to clarify, I think that what was indicated would have probably been much more in line with an informal meeting than an interview. Even so, anything that you can do to show sincere interest at this point should only help!

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:43 pm

WassAnch wrote:I've also tried to interview several times. I was deployed during the interview process so it kind of pissed me off when they wouldn't let me interview with hold applicants (I hadn't received a decision yet).

Wass, I sure hope so! By the way, I'll be back in St. Louis hoping to score some tickets to the All-Star game festivities (but at a college boy price)!

texchi

New

Post by texchi » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:29 pm

I hope there is some movement this week...Anyone have any info? Anything on twitter on there?

WassAnch

New

Post by WassAnch » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:13 pm

chadwick218 wrote:
WassAnch wrote:I've also tried to interview several times. I was deployed during the interview process so it kind of pissed me off when they wouldn't let me interview with hold applicants (I hadn't received a decision yet).

Wass, I sure hope so! By the way, I'll be back in St. Louis hoping to score some tickets to the All-Star game festivities (but at a college boy price)!
Thanks. I've been trying to hold off on renting an apt in St. Louis, but I'm starting to cut it pretty close.
texchi wrote:I hope there is some movement this week...Anyone have any info? Anything on twitter on there?
Not a lot of twitter action...last post said that they would be closed for training on Monday and Tuesday.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

texchi

New

Post by texchi » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:06 pm

This upcoming Mon / Tues? Or last week?

WassAnch

New

Post by WassAnch » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:08 am

texchi wrote:This upcoming Mon / Tues? Or last week?
This upcoming Mon/Tues. Even so, I'll still be checking my email every 10 minutes...

texchi

New

Post by texchi » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:03 pm

Yeah, I have just given up hope... :( Very depressing..

awaiting

New

Post by awaiting » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Sorry, if I missed this, but does anyone know how people long the NU waitlist is? When I talked to admissions a little while ago, I asked if they planned to cut down the waitlist at all and the adcom said that the only cut they'll make is when they close the waitlist altogether at the beginning of the semester.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WassAnch

New

Post by WassAnch » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:00 pm

Something weird just happened...

I went to check my status on their page (I'm obsessed) and my data was invalid. I typed in my name and email address and I got an email with a different ID number. I went back to the status checker and punched in the new data...the page loaded, but the status letter gives me an error saying that the "content tag doesn't exist."

Is this good, bad, or probably nothing? Anyone have any experience with this?

nochance

New

Post by nochance » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:37 am

Mine has done the same thing. Looks like they're giving up on us :(

jewelta

New

Post by jewelta » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:05 am

Mine is the same. They're probably just clearing the system for the next round of applicants or something.

WassAnch

New

Post by WassAnch » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:42 pm

jewelta wrote:Mine is the same. They're probably just clearing the system for the next round of applicants or something.

Ah, not the response I was looking for. I was hoping someone would comment on how the same thing happened to them the day before they got accepted off the WL.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”