Fordham taking forever to reply Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hoffb86

Bronze

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by hoffb86 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:30 pm

ams8 wrote:wow. i'm starting to feel like i paid them $70 to just throw my app in the trash. how sad.
While it feels that way, the apps really do get a thorough reading.

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Thu May 07, 2009 2:44 pm

ams8 wrote:wow. i'm starting to feel like i paid them $70 to just throw my app in the trash. how sad.

No... you just made a donation to them (that's how i feel and i didnt even get a "i gave a donation" bumper sticker to put on my car in return)

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Thu May 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Lilac529 wrote:
Monaco wrote:
Lilac529 wrote:I got my response back fairly quick. I submitted my application on Dec. 23 and found out waitlist status on line on Jan.23, 2009.
I sent one extra LOR and three LOCI already.

Well they say sometimes no news is good news.... but i'm not sure in this case. I have been complete since 1/20 for their FT program

I GUESS now is the best time to say that. Hope you get in. Good luck!
How is your stat? I think now they will only take high LSATers.

Here is the thing my cycle has been unbelievable. Full scholly at st. johns bumped from some fee waiver schools and on reserve at Columbia (shocked as hell) so I'm hoping that's a good indication that Fordham will take me

smiskers

New

Post by smiskers » Thu May 07, 2009 2:49 pm

i'm totally entering panic mode.

i will be starting the paper work to change my middle name to devastated.

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:51 pm

Monaco wrote:
Lilac529 wrote:
Monaco wrote:
Lilac529 wrote:I got my response back fairly quick. I submitted my application on Dec. 23 and found out waitlist status on line on Jan.23, 2009.
I sent one extra LOR and three LOCI already.

Well they say sometimes no news is good news.... but i'm not sure in this case. I have been complete since 1/20 for their FT program

I GUESS now is the best time to say that. Hope you get in. Good luck!
How is your stat? I think now they will only take high LSATers.

Here is the thing my cycle has been unbelievable. Full scholly at st. johns bumped from some fee waiver schools and on reserve at Columbia (shocked as hell) so I'm hoping that's a good indication that Fordham will take me
cool! Hope you can get into Columbia. That will be really sweet. :lol: I am waitlisted on Cardozo and Brooklyn too. Sigh. :(
I guess I am heading for Camden, NJ now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chuckwarr

New

Post by chuckwarr » Thu May 07, 2009 2:51 pm

i would love a response.... complete FT 1/27

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Here's a bit of an off topic question: Why is Brooklyn almost as expensive as Fordham, when it's a city school? I know it's a pretty good school, especially if you're looking to stay in NYC, but still... I got in Brooklyn, but they haven't said anything about scholarship money. Should I ask them?

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Thu May 07, 2009 2:57 pm

Lilac

I am hoping and praying that it wasn't a fluke

(Think happy thoughts only happy thoughts) ... I have to keep telling myself this!

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Thu May 07, 2009 3:00 pm

pammy1985 wrote:Here's a bit of an off topic question: Why is Brooklyn almost as expensive as Fordham, when it's a city school? I know it's a pretty good school, especially if you're looking to stay in NYC, but still... I got in Brooklyn, but they haven't said anything about scholarship money. Should I ask them?
Brooklyn is private it is not a CUNY schools. Queens is though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Thu May 07, 2009 3:05 pm

Monaco wrote:Lilac

(Think happy thoughts only happy thoughts) ... I have to keep telling myself this!
You will be just fine. I hope u can get into Columbia. Fordham is not bad either, right?

Worse comes to worse, we can always transfer. Good luck!!!

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Thu May 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Lilac529 wrote:
Monaco wrote:Lilac

You will be just fine. I hope u can get into Columbia. Fordham is not bad either, right?

Worse comes to worse, we can always transfer. Good luck!!!
Thanks good luck to you too!

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Thu May 07, 2009 3:07 pm

geoanthem wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:Here's a bit of an off topic question: Why is Brooklyn almost as expensive as Fordham, when it's a city school? I know it's a pretty good school, especially if you're looking to stay in NYC, but still... I got in Brooklyn, but they haven't said anything about scholarship money. Should I ask them?
Brooklyn is private it is not a CUNY schools. Queens is though.

Lol. Wow, I need to read up on that stuff huh? I was so sure it was a city school, because there is a Brooklyn city school for undergrad.

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Thu May 07, 2009 11:06 pm

I always envisioned the Fordham admissions office looking something like an Hieronymus Bosch painting. Can anyone confirm?

I am thinking about contacting admissions to let them know that they do not need to "make room" for me because I am willing to bring my own chair to class... if I am so honored to eventually matriculate.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu May 07, 2009 11:10 pm

OracleFromOregon wrote:I always envisioned the Fordham admissions office looking something like an Hieronymus Bosch painting. Can anyone confirm?

I am thinking about contacting admissions to let them know that they do not need to "make room" for me because I am willing to bring my own chair to class... if I am so honored to eventually matriculate.
LOL, not quite, but your chances are looking good once space opens up again. Your GPA is higher than mine, and the dean does like GPAs.

Waiting is part of the game, though. My total wait time: 25 agonizing weeks. That's six months (minus six days.)

I would do it all again.

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Thu May 07, 2009 11:13 pm

OracleFromOregon wrote:I always envisioned the Fordham admissions office looking something like an Hieronymus Bosch painting. Can anyone confirm?

You apply FT or PT?

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Thu May 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Monaco wrote:

No... you just made a donation to them (that's how i feel and i didnt even get a "i gave a donation" bumper sticker to put on my car in return)

How about changing the title on your email/correspondence signature to "Fordham Law School Meager Benefactor"

Side note: I'd put the "meager" in illegible font and probably bold the hell out of "Fordham Law School Benefactor"

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Thu May 07, 2009 11:46 pm

geoanthem wrote:

You apply FT or PT?
PT - I wish I could have applied FT but I am taking the CFA 1 exam in December and need time to get my study on until then :/

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Fri May 08, 2009 12:09 am

OperaSoprano wrote:

LOL, not quite, but your chances are looking good once space opens up again. Your GPA is higher than mine, and the dean does like GPAs.

Waiting is part of the game, though. My total wait time: 25 agonizing weeks. That's six months (minus six days.)

I would do it all again.
Hey Opera, if by "GPA" you mean "Grudgingly Pending Application" then I should be good. A 3.6 from Seattle U (though a fellow Jesbian institution) isn't sock-rocking. However I did graduate a year early, which I hope helps.

What do you think of my BYO chair idea?

I have the feeling that my chances are looking as good as a horse in a glue factory. Your optimism is (eh, somewhat) encouraging :wink:

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri May 08, 2009 12:23 am

OracleFromOregon wrote: Hey Opera, if by "GPA" you mean "Grudgingly Pending Application" then I should be good. A 3.6 from Seattle U (though a fellow Jesbian institution) isn't sock-rocking. However I did graduate a year early, which I hope helps.

I have the feeling that my chances are looking as good as a horse in a glue factory. Your optimism is (eh, somewhat) encouraging :wink:
Dear Oracle,

I got in with a 3.37 from.... wait for it.... the Fashion Institute of Technology. I am not giving you grief; I am TLS's resident fashion merchandising major. (Although to be fair, I earned a 3.6 at FIT (I also took non-graded voice classes at Juilliard), and had a 2.9 when I transferred in. Major illness + not properly dropping classes = epic GPA fail)

If you had been an early applicant, you'd have been accepted in approximately 13 seconds. I was above median by the newest numbers (YCRevolution, whom I will adore for all time, calculated my index, and vindicated me.) Fordham is trying to raise PT medians significantly. The dean said the new median will be around 164/3.4, so it would make sense for the school to want you. Fordham recently called a 165, but the person had already committed to Hastings. My hunch is that there are maybe half a dozen spots left (this is pure conjecture, unlike the other statements I made, which came from the dean) and will fill them with people who have high numbers.

I hope this is enough optimism for you. It's all I have!

<3
OS

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Fri May 08, 2009 12:44 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
OracleFromOregon wrote: Hey Opera, if by "GPA" you mean "Grudgingly Pending Application" then I should be good. A 3.6 from Seattle U (though a fellow Jesbian institution) isn't sock-rocking. However I did graduate a year early, which I hope helps.

Dear Oracle,

I got in with a 3.37 from.... wait for it.... the Fashion Institute of Technology. I am not giving you grief; I am TLS's resident fashion merchandising major. (Although to be fair, I earned a 3.6 at FIT (I also took non-graded voice classes at Juilliard), and had a 2.9 when I transferred in. Major illness + not properly dropping classes = epic GPA fail)

If you had been an early applicant, you'd have been accepted in approximately 13 seconds. I was above median by the newest numbers (YCRevolution, whom I will adore for all time, calculated my index, and vindicated me.) Fordham is trying to raise PT medians significantly. The dean said the new median will be around 164/3.4, so it would make sense for the school to want you. Fordham recently called a 165, but the person had already committed to Hastings. My hunch is that there are maybe half a dozen spots left (this is pure conjecture, unlike the other statements I made, which came from the dean) and will fill them with people who have high numbers.

I hope this is enough optimism for you. It's all I have!

<3
OS

Thanks OS. I'll go duct tape my wrists now :lol:

(Sorry for the overuse of emoticons.)

Just out of curiosity, what field of law do you plan to pursue?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri May 08, 2009 1:00 am

OracleFromOregon wrote: Thanks OS. I'll go duct tape my wrists now :lol:

Not at all, my dear! Do not duct tape your wrists. Fordham melodrama is my sole provenance, lol!

Fashion Law! Now I am kidding.

I plan to clerk, if I can, and then practice public interest law, either immediately, or after a brief biglaw stint, should one be offered to me. I want to experience as much of the law as I can. All this is speculation, though, since I'm still a 0L, and have no idea what the actual experience will be like! I am also interested in dispute resolution.

What about you? Do you have specific plans yet?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Fri May 08, 2009 1:36 am

OperaSoprano wrote:

Not at all, my dear! Do not duct tape your wrists. Fordham melodrama is my sole provenance, lol!

My overall application was strong, despite the GPA. Possibly my operatic training helped me, though I did not have the full conservatory experience. I had the numbers, and I am sure I stood out, though I was not convinced this was a good thing, especially while I languished on the waitlist.

I plan to clerk, if I can, and then practice public interest law, either immediately, or after a brief biglaw stint, should one be offered to me. I want to experience as much of the law as I can. All this is speculation, though, since I'm still a 0L, and have no idea what the actual experience will be like! I am also interested in dispute resolution.

Noble pursuit darling; Fordham is lucky to have wrangled you.

I want to study corporate law - intentions on working for a securities regulatory agency (FINRA, SEC, any department of the Treas?.) I've been working in financial services for the past 4+ years and what I've witnessed (namely, with the big broker-dealers) has been adequate fodder.

Anyway, you didn't comment on my BYO chair idea -so- if you see some shady gal with shifty eyes in the corner of your classroom on day1... don't be alarmed.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri May 08, 2009 2:58 am

OracleFromOregon wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

My overall application was strong, despite the GPA. Possibly my operatic training helped me, though I did not have the full conservatory experience. I had the numbers, and I am sure I stood out, though I was not convinced this was a good thing, especially while I languished on the waitlist.

Noble pursuit darling; Fordham is lucky to have wrangled you.

I want to study corporate law - intentions on working for a securities regulatory agency (FINRA, SEC, any department of the Treas?.) I've been working in financial services for the past 4+ years and what I've witnessed (namely, with the big broker-dealers) has been adequate fodder.

Anyway, you didn't comment on my BYO chair idea -so- if you see some shady gal with shifty eyes in the corner of your classroom on day1... don't be alarmed.
Thank you! Your interests coincide so well with Fordham's strengths... you really need to be at Fordham! As a future corporate lawyer, you will be in some excellent company. My friend and numbers twin, Geoanthem, shares your interest and has done much research into Fordham's offerings and career placement.

Geo was accepted many months ago, but he always believed I would get in, even after I stopped believing it myself.

We need to consider your strategy, though. Have you emailed the dean? Do you know how to get in touch with him directly? If you PM me, I will share with you what I know. I feel that you stand an excellent chance, given your numbers and work experience.

BTW, I like the chair idea... can you get one of those Louis Ghost chairs? Failing that, something antique and hand carved.

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Fri May 08, 2009 10:37 am

quick question... i was waitlisted on 5/1 via status checker, and haven't gotten anything in the mail. should i expect something giving me further instructions, or just go ahead and submit my LOCI?

thanks, guys...

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Fri May 08, 2009 10:39 am

Knowing how long Fordham can take sometimes with their mailings, I would go ahead and submit the LOCI and not wait for the letter.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”