Fordham taking forever to reply Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MandM

New

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by MandM » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:09 pm

Rachyk wrote:I got in today!!! I am soooo thrilled still can't believe it!!! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting :)
Congratulations! PT or FT? How did you find out?

Hopefully this week will be a wonderful one for those of us still awaiting a response.

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:42 pm

based on numbers i would say PT

Diskette15

New

Post by Diskette15 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:16 pm

longtime stalker but non-poster, not really new news but I figure I'd post it anyways...sounds like FT is overenrolled with little chance of movement, but still possible. If you want to go to Fordham and you're only on the FT waitlist though I would highly recommend asking for consideration to the PT program also. I don't want to give much more away in case adcoms read this thread, but feel free to PM me if you want more detail.

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:21 pm

starting losing patience and hope. :(

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:22 pm

Lilac529 wrote:starting losing patience and hope. :(
:( me too :?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MandM

New

Post by MandM » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Lilac529 wrote:starting losing patience and hope. :(
Me too. I'm also running out of ideas as to how to check in/express my continued interest without annoying anyone.

palmettoru

New

Post by palmettoru » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:30 pm

just something to think about here.. the consensus here has generally been that there will be more movement on PT than full-time.

However, since the yield is much higher on PT (arguably because of fewer similar programs) , wouldn't it make sense to see less people drop out of PT, and therefore less movement on the PT list?

I am a PT waitlistee myself, but just wanted to throw that reasoning out there to see what you guys think...

hoffb86

Bronze

Post by hoffb86 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:12 pm

palmettoru wrote:just something to think about here.. the consensus here has generally been that there will be more movement on PT than full-time.

However, since the yield is much higher on PT (arguably because of fewer similar programs) , wouldn't it make sense to see less people drop out of PT, and therefore less movement on the PT list?

I am a PT waitlistee myself, but just wanted to throw that reasoning out there to see what you guys think...
I think the people you see dropping the PT program and thus opening up spots, are the people who get pulled into full time programs at peer or close to peer schools.... just a hunch. people that enroll FT, seem to be more set in their decision in many instances than those who enroll in the part time program.

Rachyk

New

Post by Rachyk » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:27 pm

I got into the PT program. I actually had a meeting with Dean Brown that morning so I found out in person. I did however get an official email from him that afternoon. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Rachyk wrote:I got into the PT program. I actually had a meeting with Dean Brown that morning so I found out in person. I did however get an official email from him that afternoon. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!!
how did you get a meeting with him?

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:12 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:
Rachyk wrote:I got into the PT program. I actually had a meeting with Dean Brown that morning so I found out in person. I did however get an official email from him that afternoon. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!!
how did you get a meeting with him?
I want to know it too. I really need to arrange a meeting with him.

MandM

New

Post by MandM » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:35 am

I’d like to know how to get an in person meeting too. I live in Boston and work full time but I really think this would be worth the trip.

My heart is breaking right now because I feel like such a long shot. I have not heard a peep in a while and it’s really bothering me… especially since I don’t know what else to do.

The PT class seems to be so close nit as someone pointed out in the Fordham 2012 thread. I truly want to be a part of that and for so many reasons. It truly seems like its going to be a brilliant class…. I don’t know how else to express my interest to Fordham.

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:39 am

MandM wrote:I’d like to know how to get an in person meeting too. I live in Boston and work full time but I really think this would be worth the trip.

My heart is breaking right now because I feel like such a long shot. I have not heard a peep in a while and it’s really bothering me… especially since I don’t know what else to do.

The PT class seems to be so close nit as someone pointed out in the Fordham 2012 thread. I truly want to be a part of that and for so many reasons. It truly seems like its going to be a brilliant class…. I don’t know how else to express my interest to Fordham.
You actually are breaking my heart. :cry: Take a trip to NYC even if you cannot get an apointment with him. I think if you show up at the Admissions office and talk to someone there (DB may actually meet with you without an appointment if you show up) then you'll be on their radar. It really makes a difference if they can put a face to a name. That's what I think at least.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MandM

New

Post by MandM » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:42 am

pammy1985 wrote:
MandM wrote:I’d like to know how to get an in person meeting too. I live in Boston and work full time but I really think this would be worth the trip.

You actually are breaking my heart. :cry: Take a trip to NYC even if you cannot get an apointment with him. I think if you show up at the Admissions office and talk to someone there (DB may actually meet with you without an appointment if you show up) then you'll be on their radar. It really makes a difference if they can put a face to a name. That's what I think at least.
Thanks Pammy. I gues I need to arrange a trip to NY during the next few days...

boxwolf

New

Post by boxwolf » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Congrats!! See you in class!

MandM

New

Post by MandM » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:56 pm

Oh boy, someone from LSN just got rejected....

misformafia

New

Post by misformafia » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:07 pm

IT WAS ME!

Very nice letter though. I'm retaking the LSAT and reapplying next year. FML.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

addicted

New

Post by addicted » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:12 pm

---
Last edited by addicted on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

misformafia

New

Post by misformafia » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:51 pm

Rejected from FT in November. Reconsidered under PT.

I have a 159, and to be honest that's all that matters. No surprise. The rest of my stuff on on LSN.

Good luck!

palmettoru

New

Post by palmettoru » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:48 pm

that's rough.. sorry about the rejection.. good luck with the retake! I am still waiting also and may end up retaking too :-)

Ris84

New

Post by Ris84 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:45 am

Hi guys- this is my first time posting here, but I've been following for a while. I was waitlisted FT in January and sent a few LOCI's indicating my willingness to attend part time. I even sent a couple letters this week to DB restating my commitment to Fordham, but haven't heard back from him... I'm willing to turn down a 32K scholarship at BLS for Fordham @ sticker price!!!

The thing is, I'm getting disheartened this late in the game- especially after seeing so much movement on the WL. Do you guys still think there's a chance to be accepted PT? Katherine Rooney said FT was over enrolled...
Last edited by Ris84 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:47 am

Ris84 wrote:Hi guys- this is my first time posting here, but I've been following for a while. I was waitlisted FT in January and sent a few LOCI's indicating my willingness to attend part time. I even sent a couple letters this week to DB restating my commitment to Fordham, but haven't heard back from him... I'm willing to turn down a 32K scholarship at BLS for Fordham @ sticker price!!!

The thing is, I'm getting disheartened this late in the game- especially after seeing so much movement on the WL. Do you guys still think there's a chance to be accepted PT? Katherine Rooney said FT was over enrolled. I'd take anything at this point just to get in!!!
What are your statistics?

Ris84

New

Post by Ris84 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:48 am

163/3.64

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:49 am

Ris84 wrote:163/3.64
I think you have a good shot at PT if someone withdraws. Good luck!

Ris84

New

Post by Ris84 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:50 am

So it's basically one in, one out at this point? Do you guys know if there's room left in the PT class?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”