Fordham taking forever to reply Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
monkeywrench

New

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by monkeywrench » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:57 pm

I wish I could get a decision soon, good or bad. I need to buy books, I just need to know for which school

sorry if mentioned earlier, but when is the orientation?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:43 pm

monkeywrench wrote:I wish I could get a decision soon, good or bad. I need to buy books, I just need to know for which school

PT: August 10th

FT: August 17th

Are you deposited at Brooklyn, monkeywrench?

palmettoru

New

Post by palmettoru » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:17 pm

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

monkeywrench

New

Post by monkeywrench » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:40 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
monkeywrench wrote:I wish I could get a decision soon, good or bad. I need to buy books, I just need to know for which school

yeah, i sent out the checks a while ago. they ended up giving me a pretty big scholly. i think i can hold out buying books until the 10th

thank you kindly

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:36 am

monkeywrench wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

yeah, i sent out the checks a while ago. they ended up giving me a pretty big scholly. i think i can hold out buying books until the 10th

thank you kindly
Not a problem at all. I wish there was something more I could do. Are you on the PT waitlist, too? I feel like there might be more spots opening there. I understand your desire for closure, though. My own wait took a lot out of me. Please keep us all posted.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

monkeywrench

New

Post by monkeywrench » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:09 am

OperaSoprano wrote: Not a problem at all. I wish there was something more I could do. Are you on the PT waitlist, too? I feel like there might be more spots opening there. I understand your desire for closure, though. My own wait took a lot out of me. Please keep us all posted.
im on the pt waitlist. im not sure anyone else cares, but im extremely confused on who they decide to release from the waitlist. based off of this thread (and the other one) candidates with better numbers have been let go, but here i am.

glasgow3am

New

Post by glasgow3am » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:23 am

OperaSoprano wrote: Are you on the PT waitlist, too? I feel like there might be more spots opening there.
OS, can you please elaborate? Do you know this from talking to the admissions office or is it just a good guess?

I hope you are right and there will be some more open spots! I am starting to go crazy with worry as Fordham's orientation gets closer and closer...

monkeywrench

New

Post by monkeywrench » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:12 am

glasgow3am wrote:I hope you are right and there will be some more open spots! I am starting to go crazy with worry as Fordham's orientation gets closer and closer...

Are you staying in the city as well for law school (if not for fordham)?

glasgow3am

New

Post by glasgow3am » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:12 am

monkeywrench wrote: Are you staying in the city as well for law school (if not for fordham)?
Yup. I have a scholarship at the school I'm currently deposited at, but will gladly pay sticker for Fordham! At this point it does look like we will have to ride it out till the very end - although I guess the good thing is neither of us will have to deal with the hassle of finding housing if Fordham comes knocking :D But let's hope OS is right and there will be some PT spots opening up in the next few weeks.

I don't think they've let too many people from the WL go though, so I don't know how good of a chance we have, but it does look like (from the handful of posts on this thread anyways) that there aren't too many Fordham waitlistee's left on TLS, so maybe they have been cutting people? I read on last year's Fordham posts that there was a regular and priority wl, and people got sporadic email updates throughout the summer, but it doesn't look like they're doing that this year...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:39 am

glasgow3am wrote:
monkeywrench wrote: Are you staying in the city as well for law school (if not for fordham)?
Yup. I have a scholarship at the school I'm currently deposited at, but will gladly pay sticker for Fordham! At this point it does look like we will have to ride it out till the very end - although I guess the good thing is neither of us will have to deal with the hassle of finding housing if Fordham comes knocking :D But let's hope OS is right and there will be some PT spots opening up in the next few weeks.

I don't think they've let too many people from the WL go though, so I don't know how good of a chance we have, but it does look like (from the handful of posts on this thread anyways) that there aren't too many Fordham waitlistee's left on TLS, so maybe they have been cutting people? I read on last year's Fordham posts that there was a regular and priority wl, and people got sporadic email updates throughout the summer, but it doesn't look like they're doing that this year...
Congrats, you are the 1000th post!

glasgow3am

New

Post by glasgow3am » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:23 am

ZXCVBNM wrote: Congrats, you are the 1000th post!
Haha, that makes it sound like I won something. Or its just concrete proof that I obsessively stalk this thread.

But if I get a prize I hope its a Fordham acceptance! :D

glasgow3am

New

Post by glasgow3am » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:55 pm

AHHHHHH!!! I don't know if that 1000th post was super good luck or what...BUT I JUST GOT INTO FORDHAM PT!!!! I just got an email from DB - I almost had a heart attack when I saw his name in my inbox! He just offered me a PT spot, and I accepted of course!!!!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

nymets123

New

Post by nymets123 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:16 pm

congrats glasgow3am!

if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jm955

New

Post by jm955 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:43 pm

congrats glasgow!

same thing happened to me a few weeks ago orientation is coming up soon!

looks like we have a VERY strong incoming class for the evening division this year (at least numerically)

are you (or anyone else) considering housing?

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:46 pm

glasgow3am wrote:AHHHHHH!!! I don't know if that 1000th post was super good luck or what...BUT I JUST GOT INTO FORDHAM PT!!!! I just got an email from DB - I almost had a heart attack when I saw his name in my inbox! He just offered me a PT spot, and I accepted of course!!!!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
wow, congrats!!!

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:50 pm

Sigh.

It seems that most people in this post got in. And for me, nothing, nothing ,nothing.
I did everything I can. And the orientation starts within a week. It is time to stop checking and hoping.

glasgow3am

New

Post by glasgow3am » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Lilac529 wrote:Sigh.

It seems that most people in this post got in. And for me, nothing, nothing ,nothing.
I did everything I can. And the orientation starts within a week. It is time to stop checking and hoping.
NO! Don't! Never say never. Keep on writing your LOCIs to DB. I know it's hard, but just hang in there. Miracles do happen and sometimes people get accepted well into orientation.

Good luck to you (and anyone else still waiting)!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pingzong

New

Post by pingzong » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:50 am

In Fordham by phone yesterday. Declined the offer.

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:49 pm

pingzong wrote:In Fordham by phone yesterday. Declined the offer.
where are you going?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:05 am

Lilac, I was just thinking of you. I hope you won't give up. People will get in up through the first week of classes.

<3

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:07 am

OperaSoprano wrote:

Lilac, I was just thinking of you. I hope you won't give up. People will get in up through the first week of classes.

<3
Hi, Opera,

Thank you for your kind thoughts. It is a nice journey because the support of all of you guys. I was denied on last Thursday.
I wish you all the best. I believe you will be successful in law school.

lilac

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:06 am

Lilac529 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

<3
Hi, Opera,

Thank you for your kind thoughts. It is a nice journey because the support of all of you guys. I was denied on last Thursday.
I wish you all the best. I believe you will be successful in law school.

lilac
Lilac,

I'm sorry. :cry: It doesn't make any sense! I wish I understood this process. Anyway, the school is missing out on you. Your background is so unique for a law student... I want you to be happy, whatever you should choose to do. I'm sending you hugs and encouragement. I know you will do well, since you've already done well!

<3
OS

lv06

New

Post by lv06 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:44 pm

I'm still hanging on the wait list, but I certainly don't expect to be accepted at this point.

If I reapply in a few weeks for the next cycle, will I have the same fate?

I'll receive a new LOR and I'm updating my PS and writing a DS as well. Numbers will (unfortunately) remain the same. Any insight will be most appreciated!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting, and congrats to everyone who's recently been admitted!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:29 pm

lv06 wrote:I'm still hanging on the wait list, but I certainly don't expect to be accepted at this point.

If I reapply in a few weeks for the next cycle, will I have the same fate?

I'll receive a new LOR and I'm updating my PS and writing a DS as well. Numbers will (unfortunately) remain the same. Any insight will be most appreciated!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting, and congrats to everyone who's recently been admitted!
Did you apply early last time? Have you visited the admissions office in person? I'm not sure of your numbers, but is there any way you can retake? Hopefully you'll get in now, since you're still on the WL. DB wouldn't have kept you on this long if he didn't really like you.

treeey86

Bronze

Post by treeey86 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:31 pm

For those interested in Fordham: There is some room left. I was contacted today asking about my continued interest in Fordham. I told them I was no longer interested because I am going to another law school ( that I find to be a better fit for me) and my orientation starts tomorrow haha.

odd thing is that I never mailed Fordham my WL form. best of luck to everyone.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”